Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 10:08 PM #301 of 1626
Originally Posted by nazpyro
I wanted to get Clubhouse Games (DS) too, but they didn't have them in the store yet despite being released today. Maybe next week or something then.
Today was just the day it shipped out, meaning most stores won't get it until tomorrow. That's why most places are just advertising it as coming out tomorrow, even though the official Nintendo release date was today.

Most amazing jew boots
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 07:34 AM #302 of 1626
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Today was just the day it shipped out, meaning most stores won't get it until tomorrow. That's why most places are just advertising it as coming out tomorrow, even though the official Nintendo release date was today.
Yeah, I now. I was just trying to be hopeful when I was there. I did have a coupon.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:11 AM #303 of 1626
Originally Posted by surasshu
I bought Unison JP!
I bought Unison US a while ago and traded it in very soon afterwards, even if I only got for $2. I was totally turned off by the song choice and harshness of gameplay.

Now I got these a while ago around their respective release dates, but I did purchase "the big 3" and another game:

Disgaea 2: Neglected on the backburner, the new compressed interface made me doubt just a little, but all the fun new little compromising details intrigued me.
eg. guns shoot straight lines only now, but go really far.
eg2. you have to repeatedly transmigrate to unlock successive character classes, but it's so much easier to level up this time around
Just as overkill and fun as ever.

Okami: Totally beautiful action game. I'm liking Clover's platformers so far. Only 2 games have ever gotten me really into platformers: Psychonauts and this masterpiece. It transcends mere words, you just have to play it. The central theme appears to be restoration and beauty.

Valkyrie Profile 2: A graphic "level up!" with several elements carried over from the last one. Battles are even more fun since you are actually entering multiple battles whenever you attack a monster. The frequent cutscenes are a joy to watch and listen to as well. It's not exactly VP1 but it does quite a job providing a different and equally awesome experience.

The King of Fighters 2006: Obviously the odd one out. It's basically "Maximum Impact 2" and it appeals to unlockable fanboys like me. Each of the 38 characters has 16 different costumes! To top it off, a good amount of the costumes are cosplays of other fighting game characters as well. You also have to work hard and beat arduous missions to unlock new stages. Definitely a lot to keep you busy.

FELIPE NO
xMxEdGaRx
Carob Nut

Member 13752

Level 6.55

Oct 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:59 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 01:59 PM #304 of 1626
Hmmmm let me see

- Chrono Trigger
- Secret of Mana
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- Super Mario Allstar + World
- Top Gear
- Top Gear 2
- Final Fantasy VI
- F-Zero
- Donkey Kong Country
- Kirby Dream's Course
- Kirby Super Star

Yeah... I'm little late I know, but I'm buying SNES games because when I was younger I didn't have any money to buy games because I wasn't employed, now I'm working and buying all games I wasn't able to buy in the past. Luck for me because SNES games are really cheap nowadays...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:53 PM #305 of 1626
I bought Megaman ZX yesterday. I wanted another DS game (I want a decent collection) and I heard a lot of good things about it. They had Mystery Dungeon (I'm a closet Pokemon fan .. shh XD) but it was used and only $5 cheaper than a new copy, so I'll just wait on that.

So many games, so little money.

Originally Posted by xMxEdGaRx
Hmmmm let me see

- Chrono Trigger
- Secret of Mana
- Final Fantasy VI

Luck for me because SNES games are really cheap nowadays...
Cheap?! How much did you pay for those?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Celes Chere; Oct 10, 2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:57 PM #306 of 1626
Don't buy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, I implore you! It will get you hooked, line and sinker.

If you value your social life, do not get it!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:40 PM #307 of 1626
Bah, social life smocial life. FFXII will be taking up %99.9999 of my time anyway, starting 11/1 (or whenever I get it).

Most amazing jew boots
xMxEdGaRx
Carob Nut

Member 13752

Level 6.55

Oct 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:19 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 11:19 AM #308 of 1626
Originally Posted by Celes
Cheap?! How much did you pay for those?
Except those of course...

- Final Fantasy VI = US$35
- Secret of Mana = US$30
- Chrono Trigger = US$40

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by xMxEdGaRx; Oct 11, 2006 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:02 PM #309 of 1626
Dragon Quest Monsters: Rocket Slime

Well, it's a good game. It's just a bit easy, and short. Still, it was fun in the longrun..

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dogen
there's no marmalade

Member 10236

Level 7.02

Jul 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 07:57 AM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 01:57 PM #310 of 1626

Bought this Megadrive pack yesturday. And I was so pleased about it that I also bought Earthworm Jim and Road Rash2 to go with it. =D

Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:47 AM #311 of 1626
Originally Posted by Dogen

Bought this Megadrive pack yesturday. And I was so pleased about it that I also bought Earthworm Jim and Road Rash2 to go with it. =D
Excellent choices on all counts sir. Earthworm Jim alone makes it worth it.

I ordered Perfect Dark Zero + Kameo brand new for 15 bucks shipped yesterday. I've heard that PDZ is supposed to be sub-par, but for the price i'm willing to take a chance with it. Heard some good things about Kameo though, so i'm hoping for the best. I just need some more 360 games honestly.

Most amazing jew boots
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:24 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 12:24 PM #312 of 1626
Finally got a game for the DS that I can enjoy.

METEOS. It's a puzzle game with a pretty inovative twist. I usually find most puzzle games should keep me busy and or addicted for some time, especially when I'm waiting for something. Next time I might want to grab an action side scroller though.

- What we all do best -
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:31 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 12:31 PM #313 of 1626
Oh man. Meteos is crazyfranticpsychofunaddictive. Too bad there's no Nintendo Wi-Fi for it, though the upcoming Disney version of it is supposed to have it.

I guess I'll just post that I got Clubhouse Games last week, and got some WiFi gamage with SILBER-1, SILBER-2, and SILBER-3 (formerly Tri, nutty, and RockGamer). Darts is crazy fun, and I either totally miss or get bullseyes. I'm pretty decent at bowling now (as opposed to real life...). Takeover and "battleship" are insanely fun, with takeover quite posisbly being the best game. I love it. I'm going through stamp mode now and just got past Ludo. Also did a few missions, but a lot of them are hard as eggs.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2006, 01:52 PM #314 of 1626
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Too bad there's no Nintendo Wi-Fi for it, though the upcoming Disney version of it is supposed to have it.
The whole Disney thing isn't appealing to me, but if actually has Wi-Fi unlike the first one, it may be worth a purchase, even though I wasn't too big on the first one.

But anyway, yeah, I obviously got Clubhouse Games as well, and this game is so freaking addicting. The single player is great, because the computer usually makes a good opponent (not too hard to beat, but not too easy either), but the real fun is with the multiplayer. Playing this against a real person might just be one of the best DS experiences you can get, and with four different ways to do it (DS Download Play, Local Wi-Fi, Worldwide Random Wi-Fi, and Worldwide Friend Wi-Fi), there's no excuse for missing out on this.

Seriously though, this is like the best Wi-Fi game on the DS. You have all these games to play (I think about 37 of the 42 games are playable online), Pictochat when playing with friends, and the best part, THE GAME DOESN'T END WHEN SOMEONE DISCONNECTS (a CPU opponent just takes their place)! This will probably be the best Wi-Fi game on the DS until Clubhouse Games 2 comes out!

And the next time we play naz, the SILBER Squadron is gonna gang up on you!

DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 06:05 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 01:05 PM #315 of 1626
Got Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (both PS2 Premium Edition and Xbox version). I'm loving this game. I'm very surprised to see a majority of the arenas from Deception back in Armageddon. I like the Laser Cels that came with the Premium Edition. Gamestop had an offer in which if you got the PS2 Premium Edition, you'd get a Laser Cel that was a group picture of all 62 characters on it. The Laser Cel that already came with the PS2 Premium Edition was the cover design. Gamestop had the Johnny Cage & Goro cover.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:19 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 11:19 PM #316 of 1626
I got Splinter Cell: Double Agent for the 360 today. I'm at the start of the third level. So far so good. I don't know where this one will rank against the other Splinter Cells yet. The game keeps track of a lot more things, the different things you do through out the game. The game takes points off for a lot of different things. The game even takes points off for knocking people out and shooting out lights.

xman25

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:12 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 09:12 AM #317 of 1626
Just picked up Dawn of War: Dark Crusade day before yesterday. I own DoW but never had a chance to get into it. The first expansion pack didn't look like it was worth it, but this expansion looks bigger than the actual first DoW game so I couldn't resist. I played the demo of DoW quite a bit and the word of mouth on this sounds pretty good.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:59 AM #318 of 1626
Originally Posted by xman25
I got Splinter Cell: Double Agent for the 360 today. I'm at the start of the third level. So far so good. I don't know where this one will rank against the other Splinter Cells yet. The game keeps track of a lot more things, the different things you do through out the game. The game takes points off for a lot of different things. The game even takes points off for knocking people out and shooting out lights.

xman25
It's by far the best 360 game i've played so far, and the best Splinter Cell installment yet.

I am at the start of the 4th mission myself since I took some time to play online last night before Xbox Live died. The game is stunning of course, but what I really like is how you can choose your path and ally more with the NSA or the Terrorists by completing various objectives that are completely optional. It makes the game a lot more interesting as opposed to the linear-feel of the original Splinter Cell(Still a great game of course.) I haven't finished Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory so I dunno about those.

Dropped the 70 bucks to get the Collectors Edition and it was worth every penny.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 02:25 PM #319 of 1626
Just got Sid Meier's Pirates! on the XBOX. The game is alot more interesting than I thought. The Gamespot review stand true that you'd be playing this game so long that you wouldn't realize how fast time went. The game itself is kinda easy, but then again, i'm playing it on the easiest difficulty. So, I gotta kick it up and see what else the game could throw at me. This game was worth it, for me at least.

FELIPE NO
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 03:26 PM #320 of 1626
I just got Crash Boom Bang! for the DS. It is extremely short and extremely easy even in hard mode. I was really excited thinking I was going to get a game like Crash Bash but instead I got a piece of junk. The storyline is the same with every character you play with and nothing else changes. It's really annoying b/c Aku Aku pops up every turn to tell you to use items. You only need to tell me once and then leave me alone. In the end, I was very disappointed with this game. The only reason I'm not getting rid of this game yet is b/c I'm seeing if there is a sound test to unlock so I can rip the music. Other than that I'm waiting for November 19th to come around so I can trade it in along with my G-Cube and some other games to help pay for the Wii. Oh boy, I think I'm getting Wii fever......doctor please help me!

Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 09:22 PM #321 of 1626
Got Okami about 2 weeks ago, thus the reason why I haven't been posting at all. The game is just fantastic, far surpassing all of my expectations. It just seems like theres allways something new to discover or a new adventure to dig up (no pun intended...well, kinda).

Also picked up Shadow of the Colossus a couple days ago for a mere $17.99. I've yet to play it, and it looks like it's going to have to wait 'till I've completed Okami and Final Fantasy XII. I'm looking forward to it quite a bit, so I kind of find myself fighting the urge to play it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Oh shit.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:52 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 11:52 PM #322 of 1626
Originally Posted by RAZGRIZ-4
Too bad there's no Nintendo Wi-Fi for it, though the upcoming Disney version of it is supposed to have it.
Quoting the same sentence twice in the same thread.

Just read this article on IGN about Disney Meteos, and it doesn't have any Wi-Fi support, which is a massive disappointment. Some of the new features do sound interesting though, like the new vertical way of playing ('sup Brain Age), and the fact that you can move pieces horizontally.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:28 AM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 07:28 AM #323 of 1626
Originally Posted by SILBER-3
Quoting the same sentence twice in the same thread.

Just read this article on IGN about Disney Meteos, and it doesn't have any Wi-Fi support, which is a massive disappointment. Some of the new features do sound interesting though, like the new vertical way of playing ('sup Brain Age), and the fact that you can move pieces horizontally.
Boo to lack of Wi-Fi support. Why would they do this? They don't think it'll be popular enough? I think having Wi-Fi would make it a great sell. :/

The new features are interesting though. I'll probably still get it for them and since I liked Meteos. Oh, and Disney owns my soul.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
waka waka

solid_snake
Chocobo

Member 3413

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:45 AM #324 of 1626
i just bought God Of War, 2 days ago, and it is plain awesome, revolutionary actually. the graphics a re way out of anything ive winessed on the ps2 aside from resident evil 4's. the gameplay is good too.

Keep your friends close and your enemies....closer.
horseman85
Piano noob

Member 4561

Level 13.38

Apr 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 09:52 AM #325 of 1626
I was looking through the used section at EB and I found ICO. Bought that right away even though I bought Tekken 5, Burnout Revenge and Xenosaga Ep 1 earlier in the week . . . Sigh . . . need more money.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend