Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] Shit no one asked for: [youtube] updates

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2013, 06:26 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2013, 03:26 PM 5 #1 of 5
Shit no one asked for: [youtube] updates

Hi, I stuck my hands deep, deep inside the [youtube] plug-in and made some adjustments.

1). Switched to the new embed syntax.

Hey, it's not 2007 any more, so let's get this <object> and JavaScript tag swapping bullshit out of here. [youtube] now uses the new <iframe> syntax, as iframes are a totally 100% completely safe thing to let users post on a forum. So now, if you're a smug asshole like me and don't even have Flash installed, you can now use YouTube's HTML5 player or what have you. Hooray for you! (Where you is actually just me.)

2). HTTPS links and links with extra arguments now work.

Google's been pushing HTTPS pretty hard lately, so some of you (i.e. just me again) may have been getting some HTTPS links for YouTube instead of plain HTTP ones. These used to cause the plug-in to hunt you down and kill you in the middle of the night, but no longer!

Also, YouTube sometimes throws in a bunch of extra shit into the URL, like playlist IDs. These also used to make the plug-in kidnap your family and make you play an elaborate game of death to retrieve them only for them to all die and you to become the killer in the next movie, but now it does some actual like legit text parsing to find the video ID amid all that garbage.

The upshot of these changes is that you should now be able to throw any video link you get into [youtube] tags. No more having to clean up a link to get it to work. Maybe!

3). Timestamps.

Yeah, so you know how you can add like #t=1m25s to the end of a YouTube link to make it start at 1:25? Well now you can do that in [youtube] tags and it might even work.

YouTube Video
Error; are you sure that's a YouTube link?

So anyway let me know if shit doesn't work or if you break some tables so I can go swear at Google for a while and then fix it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Aug 3, 2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:22 PM #2 of 5
Alright let's skip 8 seconds into this shit

YouTube Video

Here's a playlist of Lasagna Cat

YouTube Video

Here's 5 hours 55 minutes and 18 seconds into the "Pikachu Song"

YouTube Video

Can this youtube tag handle Snoop

YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
Lasagnacat playlist from the youtube sharing feature did not work

Let's try the one the channel gives me instead

YouTube Video

And it would appear that the "Pikachu Song" shows you have not taken into account the 10 hour uploads some people do. Or something. Let's give it a shot with #t= instead of ?t=

YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
Okay, it will take playlist type text from the url but it won't actually do playlists. It'll play the video you start the playlist or spot you currently are at if you indicate that with the sharing feature. However it's not going to go to the next item. But it will play that particular item.

Gonna test the Lasagna Cat playlist to show this by having it start from the second video in the list.

YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
Yup, these all work now.

GOOD JOB, CHZ. YOU ARE THE BEST!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Apr 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2013, 05:26 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2013, 11:26 PM #3 of 5
Quote:
as iframes are a totally 100% completely safe thing to let users post on a forum.
So are we going to just turn html in posts back on now or what?

Either that or extend Maris's password thread to include bank details...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2013, 01:49 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2013, 10:49 PM 1 #4 of 5
Welp the YouTube team decided to reduce the acceptable ways you can specify a start point for embedded videos. Naturally, one of those was the way I was using for GFF, so timestamp embeds have been broken for at least a few weeks (Diss you could've sent me a PM or something god).

I've fixed it, but because I really don't feel like writing a parser right now to adjust to the new way, old timestamps of the form t=1m32s no longer work. All that work now are timestamps of the raw number of seconds, like t=92. This is the kind that YouTube gives you when you use the "Copy video URL at current time" menu item, so if you use that you shouldn't have any problems.

Here's the example from my first post but no longer broken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl0TEtHvvO0&t=30

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2013, 01:54 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2013, 11:54 PM #5 of 5
timestamp embeds have been broken for at least a few weeks (Diss you could've sent me a PM or something god).
I only needed to use it once, didn't care enough to remember.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > [News] Shit no one asked for: [youtube] updates