Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Boondocks

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:28 AM #26 of 62
Man, that Huey sure can throw a punch. Looks like they're trying to start a thing with him and Jasmine.

I don't get the joke about Moe giving Robert a jar of nuts. Unless the fact that he got nothing but a jar of nuts WAS the joke.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:34 AM #27 of 62
Maybe if you think of it as a genitalia reference it would make more sense.

How ya doing, buddy?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:26 PM #28 of 62
DEEZ NUTS

These Testicles

Theres alot of variations on the joke.

"Whats that?"
"Deez!"
"Deez?"
"Deez Nuts!"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:30 PM #29 of 62
Gah, I missed yesterday's episode...

My friends said it was pretty good.

I really liked the episode with the throwing of the chair ending - the one where Granddad and the blind guy fight. I also like the one from a few weeks ago with the black power fist. That was a great episode.

Most amazing jew boots
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:33 PM #30 of 62
What was the name of the episode where the house and car got overhauled, because they thought he was blind. I cant find it on torrent anywhere.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:28 PM #31 of 62
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Looks like they're trying to start a thing with him and Jasmine.
I don't know, it seems like that's kinda been there for a while. Though, isn't Jasmine younger than he is?

Originally Posted by *AkirA*
What was the name of the episode where the house and car got overhauled, because they thought he was blind. I cant find it on torrent anywhere.
The episode is called The Real.

FELIPE NO
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:16 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:16 PM #32 of 62
Man, that Huey sure can throw a punch. Looks like they're trying to start a thing with him and Jasmine.

I don't get the joke about Moe giving Robert a jar of nuts. Unless the fact that he got nothing but a jar of nuts WAS the joke.
Cario sure gave Huey a piece of his mind though, it's funny how dramatic they made it. That damn poetic revolutionary kid annoyed the hell out me though.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:23 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:23 PM #33 of 62
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
That damn poetic revolutionary kid annoyed the hell out me though.
Yeah, that's why I was glad when Riley started to go after him, especially when he threw the chair. All people who act like that should have a chair thrown at them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:44 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:44 PM #34 of 62
Originally Posted by www.sega.co.jp
Cario sure gave Huey a piece of his mind though, it's funny how dramatic they made it. That damn poetic revolutionary kid annoyed the hell out me though.
More like a piece of his skull am i rite? That was awesome at the end -- Cario extends his hand in apology and then yanks Huey forward and BOOM! right in the fucking nose. I was like "Pwnd."

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:00 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:00 PM #35 of 62
Tonight's episode was pretty funny. The best part was when Wuncler went off on Jazmine about her lemonade stand. I couldn't stop laughing, even after it went to commercial.

So it looks like next week is gonna be the last episode for this season. While that sucks, at least I'm comforted by the fact that we're getting twenty new episodes in the fall. At least there'll be other shows to help hold me over (namely new episodes of Robot Chicken).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:40 AM #36 of 62
I loved when Riley couldnt afford the lemonade, and started flipping out. "Its hot as shit, and I shop here all the time."

plutoknight
Syklis Green

Member 712

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:31 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 12:31 AM #37 of 62
lol.

The Boondocks, great show...

Successfully blending humor, satire, and life lessons into a 30 minute block.

No show comes close.
I just watched the last episode of the season ("Ruckus goes to White Heaven") and...while it's not the best, its certainly "up there". If your into the whole "Let's poke fun at religion" thing, it'll be funnier (though, Adult Swim has a show for that too, Moral Orel).

And. Huey and Jasmine are around the same age iirc (Huey is maybe..11, while Jasmine is 10. I remember one of the strips stating his age.)

Last thing: Surely someone caught, in last weeks episode, the radio DJ at the beginning of the show and right after the commercial.

I roared when he went "IT's gonna be another hot one,a nd speaking of hot it looks like Al Sharpton is hot angry about something, looks like its a cartoon this time." or something to that affect. (and I'm sure everyone in this thread has read that story too....its rather old :P)

How ya doing, buddy?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:58 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 11:58 PM #38 of 62
Wuncler, "Every day I wake up, I put on foot on the ground and the other up the ass of a 12-year-old Indonesian girl." I couldn't help but laugh, regardless of how true foreign child labor is.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 02:32 PM #39 of 62
Originally Posted by plutoknight
Last thing: Surely someone caught, in last weeks episode, the radio DJ at the beginning of the show and right after the commercial.

I roared when he went "IT's gonna be another hot one,a nd speaking of hot it looks like Al Sharpton is hot angry about something, looks like its a cartoon this time." or something to that affect. (and I'm sure everyone in this thread has read that story too....its rather old :P)
Yeah, I noticed that, and have read the story, and I think I even saw somrthing on one of the evening news programs about it. It's really dumb how people get angry over something like this. What it all boils down to is that this is a form of entertainment, and if this is how prople want to be entertained, then just let them and stop complaining about it because it isn't to your liking.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:27 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 11:27 PM #40 of 62
Just so as not to offend anyone, I'm placing this in a spoiler. Let it be known however that the following quote is from Riley and in no way a spoiler.

Riley's the shit.:
"Nigga, you gay."

XDD That quote was in reference to a brief conversation between Huey and Riley. Huey, on his way toward liberation, said one last farewell to Riley and hugged him, and then Riley made the above quote. XD

Tonight's episode was freakin hilarious. Ruckus is so damn funny! "Praise White Jesus!" Being the religious skeptic I am, I laughed so hard I nearly cried!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:44 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 10:44 PM #41 of 62
Yeah, that episode was fucking hilarious. Definitely one of the best this season (and a great way to end this season). It was also good because it had a good mix of drama in there as well, which managed to enhance the comedy (I couldn't stop laughing once that guy went to the governor and said they found out about Raul). Great stuff.

Now we need it on DVD. Uncensored.

*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:30 AM #42 of 62
I missed the episode, so I downloaded the whole thing on Bit Torrent. Too bad the file didnt play in my media player. Sounds like another great episode too.

AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:05 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 12:05 AM #43 of 62
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Now we need it on DVD. Uncensored.
Save for Nekkid Grandad, The Health Inspector and Nekkid Gangstalicious of course.

I second the DVD as well, which might overtake Chappelle's Show as top-selling DVD, or whatever is #1 currently. One thing I loved about Boondocks is that it is probably the only cartoon on [as] that has continuity on it, which gives it a semi-realistic spin on it (Pimped-Out Dorothy, reference to past events like Tom in jail, etc.). I look forward to Ceaser's debut next year, as well as more antics of Gin Rummy/Ed III.

Boondocks also LOOKS beautiful. Now that I have seen all 15 episodes more than once, I can safely watch it on my laptop (when the DVD drops) on mute now and still enjoy it while not missing any funny quotes. Yes I know I could have done it on the TV with closed-caption on, but I don't want that crap over the art.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Goggles
#1 Fan of Ayane and Eternal Worshipper

Member 3557

Level 3.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 12:13 AM #44 of 62
I find this show hilarious, though I am now interested in checking out the comic strip based on what I am hearing. Though the best episode I have seen so far was when they try to kidnap Oprah.

Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:10 PM #45 of 62
Last night's was a good episode to end a season. One of my personal favorites, along with "Let's Nab Oprah."

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:48 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 03:48 PM #46 of 62
Originally Posted by AC1
Save for Nekkid Grandad, The Health Inspector and Nekkid Gangstalicious of course.
And don't forget that guy from Tom Dubois's butt rape nightmare. You know, the one with the really long...you know what I'm talking about.

Harmonica
Pull the pin out.

Member 3486

Level 4.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:29 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 05:29 PM #47 of 62
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Just so as not to offend anyone, I'm placing this in a spoiler. Let it be known however that the following quote is from Riley and in no way a spoiler.

Riley's the shit.:
"Nigga, you gay."

XDD That quote was in reference to a brief conversation between Huey and Riley. Huey, on his way toward liberation, said one last farewell to Riley and hugged him, and then Riley made the above quote. XD
Man, I love how that's becoming a catch phrase for him. It fits the character so well. I geniunely think The Boondocks is the best show on Adult Swim. The humor is at least a little more, well, adult. It seems previous shows on the block were adult only in content, (not to say that's a bad thing, except in the case of Robot Chicken, where the humor is so juvenile it goes beyond "funny" and into "just plain moronic" territory) and I'm very glad that one show finally has a little more social and political commentary instead of just jokes.

FELIPE NO
Tuco: God is on our side, he hates the Yankees.
Man With No Name: God is not on our side because he also hates idiots.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:26 PM #48 of 62
Quote:
And don't forget that guy from Tom Dubois's butt rape nightmare. You know, the one with the really long...you know what I'm talking about.
I think that was the aforementioned "Health Inspector".

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:36 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 06:36 PM #49 of 62
I think that was the aforementioned "Health Inspector".
Yeah, it is. My bad, I didn't realize that was the title of that episode.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:44 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 09:44 AM #50 of 62
Yes! It's finally been announced:

The Boondocks on (Uncensored) DVD!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Boondocks