Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Resident Evil 4

DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:40 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:40 PM #1 of 76
Resident Evil 4

What did you guys think if this version of RE 4? I thought it was great. As Seperate Ways was added and I think that this version is more challenging instead of the GC version as there's significantly less ammo in Normal than there was in the GC version and Mercs provided a more of a challenge because of the long spawning times of enemies. I don't mean this in a bad way. It's in a good way because you're trying to have that high combo to get that 5 star ranking.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:02 AM #2 of 76
It wasn't worth the time it took me to download.

Separate ways was mediocre and added next to nothing to the plot. The graphics were worse that on Gamecube (I like how if you change costumes, in all the cutscenes you will be in your normal clothes thanks to pre-rendering), and with all the PS2-exclusive "extras" lacking any actual impact, it's pretty much just a lost cause.

What bothers me is that RE4 was a Nintendo fanboy's special treat, and then Capcom gave up its anus to Sony, and gave those without faith all these bonuses - because they had to "wait" - for what was to be a Gamecube-exclusive title. Then of course they go ahead and plan a special edition for Gamecube too.

Why don't they just release the Resident Evil remake and Residnent Evil 0 for PS2 while they're at it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:22 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:22 PM #3 of 76
Well, I have RE4 on my PS2. I still however, hold to the notion that the GC version is far more superior than the PS2 version regardless of the side-quest. The visuals look hazy as well, not that I'm picky, but still hazy.

But favoritsm aside, RE4 in the PS2 has been a great ride.

How ya doing, buddy?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:26 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 01:26 AM #4 of 76
Played it, loved it. Got the PE, I'm disappointed with the "making of" DVD, as I was expecting it to be longer and more indepth. The game's audio sounded pretty poor, for some reason it sounded a little muffled during gameplay. Maybe it was a poor transfer or something. Also, kind of a bummer that we were stuck with prerendered cut scenes, as I would have loved to have seen the cut scenes with the different costume sets.

Gonna try to see if I can borrow my buddy's copy, so I can play the superior GC version.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:51 AM #5 of 76
I still don't get why the cutscenes had to be prerended. You'd think they'd save space on the disc by having them in real time. Certainly I'd exchange better graphhics in the cutscenes for the sake of realism.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:20 AM #6 of 76
Originally Posted by Eleo

Separate ways was mediocre and added next to nothing to the plot. The graphics were worse that on Gamecube (I like how if you change costumes, in all the cutscenes you will be in your normal clothes thanks to pre-rendering), and with all the PS2-exclusive "extras" lacking any actual impact, it's pretty much just a lost cause.

What bothers me is that RE4 was a Nintendo fanboy's special treat, and then Capcom gave up its anus to Sony, and gave those without faith all these bonuses - because they had to "wait" - for what was to be a Gamecube-exclusive title. Then of course they go ahead and plan a special edition for Gamecube too.

Why don't they just release the Resident Evil remake and Residnent Evil 0 for PS2 while they're at it.
I think they are actually. Capcom haven't confirmed anything about them though....yet.

I had no problems with the PS2 port and was quite happy it came out. My GC practically died as soon as I completed the game for the first time so the PS2 port allowed me not only to play through Mercenaries and the Ada mini-game but also rock out with the Chicago Typewriter and the added PS2 bonuses.

How ya doing, buddy?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 03:48 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 09:48 AM #7 of 76
Well I was waiting for it from the moment I made a fan site about Biohazard 4. I just could believe that it will be on PS2. I always want to have PS2 but RE4 exclusive on GCN was holding me back and saying "Buy GCN!!".

After I got it I just couldn't stop playing finished it 4 times plus all the secrets revealed. Game is awesome and I have to say that the only the game that will sell more PS2. Besides it got more rewords that any other game last year.

FELIPE NO
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:20 AM #8 of 76

Could at least admit that the $40 PS2 version is worth the buy for those who don't have a Gamecube and are unwilling to shell out $150 for the system and game? I'd imagine that there is a large sector of the gaming population for whom that applies.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 03:06 AM #9 of 76
If I were to make a top PS2 list, Resident Evil 4 would be second, loosing only to Metal Gear Solid 3.

I loved this game so damn much. At first I was a bit sad because I've had just bought a HDTV but I didn't know that to tun on Progressive Scan it was necessary to hold triangle + X as the game was starting, and until I figured that out didn't even wanted to play it.
I'm gald a friend of mine insisted for me to play it, and I don't regret a single second.

And I loved Separate Ways almost as much as the main game, I hope Ada manages to make her way into Resident Evil 5.

Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:39 AM #10 of 76
I am actually in the middle of the game, and it is my first time playing it.

It's very polished and tight.

Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:08 PM #11 of 76
Then of course they go ahead and plan a special edition for Gamecube too.
They have? Not that I know of. Would be nice though. Isn't the PC version a port of the graphically inferior PS2 version?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Goggles
#1 Fan of Ayane and Eternal Worshipper

Member 3557

Level 3.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:14 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 12:14 AM #12 of 76
Would not surprise me, but that would be dissapointing if they didn't take advantage of the power of a PC.

Most amazing jew boots
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:56 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 09:56 AM #13 of 76
I think will release next month for PC version

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:26 AM #14 of 76
Wow, I wonder how poorly that would play out, considering the controls seem pretty specific to a console controller. Players would actually have a huge advantage using the mouse to aim.

That seems like a bad idea on a lot of levels. I don't even want to go into it. Why haven't they pushed it out on 360 or just X-Box?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DBCE Slayer
Witness the POWER!!!

Member 779

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 10:28 PM #15 of 76
Wow, I wonder how poorly that would play out, considering the controls seem pretty specific to a console controller. Players would actually have a huge advantage using the mouse to aim.

That seems like a bad idea on a lot of levels. I don't even want to go into it. Why haven't they pushed it out on 360 or just X-Box?
It would be a laugh if that happened a few months after the PC version gets released. In actuality, it would be a bit better to aim with the mouse considering how sometimes Leon's aim can get a bit jittery especially with weapons like the handcannon, broken butterfly, and when you're zoomed in all the way with the sniper rifle.

Most amazing jew boots

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 04:53 AM #16 of 76
That's because he's a human and thus imperfect; naturally his arm would move if he were holding a gun; his aim can only be but so steady, even if he is a professional. You can still be efficient with any given weapon despite this.

And if you think his aim is jittery with the sniper rifle, you must not have ever played Metal Gear Solid on PSX. Diazepam, please.

Most amazing jew boots
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 05:31 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 12:31 PM #17 of 76
Resident Evil 4 came as a huge disappointment for me, but then again, I've never been a fan of the series. I think the game was seriously lacking in the gameplay department. I basically lost interest with the first QTE because everything was so boring and dull.

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:56 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:56 PM #18 of 76
Talking

Hmmm, I can understand that after having completed the game but to say that after having played it for the first time...surely this couldn't be if a few million gamers forked over a few bucks for it. :eyebrow:
The game is meant to be played on a WS CRT, notice I say CRT because it won't appear letterboxed in anyway being that WS CRTs usually come in at about 34". Sony Wegas anyway. The proper surround sound setup is necessary as well, Capcom packed a punch into the game's audio department. As for comparisons between the two, well visually there is a difference. Sony fanboys swearing there was no visual difference between the GC and PS2 version, but you can't believe what you hear all the time. But I suppose PS2 gamers can put up with just about anything, surely they must be the absolute most patient people on the planet, heck they've been dealing with L...O...A...D...times since day one.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:33 PM #19 of 76
Spartan: Total Warrior has arguably one of the LONGEST LOADING times ever. I kid you not.

How ya doing, buddy?
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:47 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:47 PM #20 of 76
Okay, so how SCARY is this game? ;_;

I'm not a fan of survival horror, and I like to go to bed easily, but after reading ZOMG AWESOME GC/PS2 GAME I'm more inclined to play it. As you can tell, I hate horror movies. ;_;...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:51 PM #21 of 76
Originally Posted by Spatula
Okay, so how SCARY is this game? ;_;

I'm not a fan of survival horror, and I like to go to bed easily, but after reading ZOMG AWESOME GC/PS2 GAME I'm more inclined to play it. As you can tell, I hate horror movies. ;_;...
Not too scary. The RE series, especially RE4, puts more emphasis on the survival aspect of "Survival Horror". There's some great atmosphere and tension in the game but it's usually the result of fighting off hordes after hordes of crazed villagers as they come from all sides and all places without stopping. Enemies like the Chainsaw villager only help intensify that and more.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:57 PM #22 of 76
So if I pretend Leon is Snake and all the zombies are like Russian guards, then I'll be okay? ;_;

:: Minus 10 to Sneaking. ::

Like, blowing off a zombie's head and seeing tenticles pop out is already pretty disturbing enough, as I saw in one video preview. So tell me what are the disturbing or absolutely freaky parts of the game. You mind as well spoil it (in tags plz). Is Silent Hill "worse" in the horror department as this? Well, I never played a SH game but it's screenshots look much more..."holy fuck what is that thing?!?!!?" sorta deal.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:07 PM #23 of 76
Yeah pretty much RE, you know those are zombies or something related to the sort. SH is more like...what the heck? (Actually they are symbolic to a bigger theme of the game i.e Silent Hill 2's creatures are baltantly symbolic, like pyramid head)

FELIPE NO
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:09 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 09:09 PM #24 of 76
Pyramid head (what I've seen in the previews) and those "HOLYSHITDON'T TOUCHME-NOTSO-HOT-BLOODYMARY-NURSES" from SH2 (I think) pretty much already make me want to watch like children's tv immediately. I have to fight them? Are you retarded? Thank god this is only a video game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -
Contracts
Chocobo

Member 1639

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:28 PM #25 of 76
Honestly, If you have or have played it for Gamecube theres no real reason to purchase the PS2 version over the Gamecube Version. Seeing as the Gamecube Version is cheaper and looks a little bit better. Unless you really feel you must have all the extras, and are to hardcore to go without then buy the PS2 version.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Resident Evil 4