Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] ARMY OF TWO

chibilola
thats it

Member 568

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:39 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 02:39 PM #1 of 4
ARMY OF TWO

Really? No one has mentioned Army of Two? Why?

Release Date: April 2007
(There were talks of being pushed back into fall, but I don't know)

Wiki- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_two

Theres a trailer available in the marketplace for free, and youtube has some awesome trailers.

Trailer one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qYuy2440fA
Trailer two - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6hMKra7DV8
(trailer two is available in the market place)

I'm excited about the AI dialouges and co-op story mode. Modifiable weapons and they're tradable on live. The only thing I can see EA screwing this up is how they set up the missions and how crappy to get the live things set up. But either way, I'm buying this game in April no matter what. I've been waiting for this game since summer last year, and I'm not wasting my patience on something like ratings. haha, this and the oblivion expantion is on my must buy for now.

I don't think Caine and Lynch tops Army of two, just by how it looks. But it also seem like it's a totally different game, so we'll just have to see.

What do you guys think?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:06 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 05:06 PM #2 of 4
I don't think Caine and Lynch tops Army of two, just by how it looks. But it also seem like it's a totally different game, so we'll just have to see.

What do you guys think?
It's kind of like comparing Tango & Cash to a serious buddy drama like Miami Vice. You recognize both are in the same genre, but one has a very different plan of attack than the other. Caine and Lynch looks like catering to the lowest common denominator to me, but this game looks more like it's taking the co-op to heart, engineering the whole experience around relying on your buddy, and I'm very excited to see the finished result.

One of my favorite things to do with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was to play co-op with my buddy. One of us would distract guards while the other sneaks up behind him. If this game can do the same for the action genre, then I'm sold.

I guess the problem with co-op, though, is how much replay value you get out of it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:08 PM #3 of 4
The game looks good and I'll probably pick it up for it's co-op mode and the co-op moves you can do. It would be nice to see something other then 10second clips of gameplay and get like a 5minute gameplay video. Second is that EA back in November was bitching about Gears of War and how poeple only liked it for it's graphics, which means one of two things about Army of Two. It's either that much better OR it's that much worse and that's why EA's pissed. Also since this is EA I have no expectation of quality for their products so there's no way that they can dissapoint with this game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:21 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 08:21 AM #4 of 4
This is also coming to PlayStation 3, so into General HideoKojima Gaming it goes!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] ARMY OF TWO