Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread

Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 03:08 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2007, 01:08 PM #226 of 410
No i can kinda understand not saying what country, the risk for public outcry is too great.
I'm sure the 24 staff wasn't looking for any backlash similar to the Muhammad cartoon controversy. Safe than sorry.

Most amazing jew boots

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 02:03 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 07:03 PM #227 of 410
Not a bad episode yesterday, the 'mentally disabled' plot turned out better than I thought it would. Did anyone find it funny though when Bradey suddenly spoke perfectly well for about 2 seconds when mentioning about the firewall crap?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 02:38 PM #228 of 410
Did anyone find it funny though when Bradey suddenly spoke perfectly well for about 2 seconds when mentioning about the firewall crap?
No, he was a savant, so that's not unusual. I was grimacing though, because on top of everything else he's done, now Jack is exploiting a mentally handicapped person. Way to go. It's blasphemous to say this, I know, but maybe 24 has jumped the shark.

The whole bit with Wayne Palmer at the end, while incredibly satisfying, was so predictable. This season seems to be recycling old plots, first with storming the embassy, and now with trying to remove the President on medical grounds. Come on, can't we get some new material?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 02:41 PM #229 of 410
I didn't like the first half of the episode, largely because it dealt with the internal drama built around CTU and the White House.

Then we actually made progress on the task as hand, which was quite nice. It's sad to see that the political troubles are not over, as that's my least favorite part of this season. I'd rather watch more Kim adventures.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 02:54 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 02:54 PM #230 of 410
Palmer coming to at the end and calling off the strike was awesome. I didn't see it coming to be honest. I forgot about Palmer after he had troubles when coming out of the coma.

Anyhow~ Seems Yosemite Sam (president) is gonna try and oust Palmer from his position. They tried doing this to his older brother, so I'm kinda like "huh what. Again?"

Next ep's preview seems to show a firefight, or at least one starting. We'll see how this rolls along.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 03:54 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 01:54 PM #231 of 410
Milo really wants to bang Nadia. The big question this season is if Nadia wants to bang Milo. 24: INTENSE DRAMA... and THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME. *WOMP WOMP*

Anyway, while we're being blasphemous, I'm all for a spin-off show about "everyday life" at CTU. Chloe...

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Last edited by nazpyro; Mar 27, 2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: forgot to make it orange
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:06 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 10:06 PM #232 of 410
Does anyone else have the feeling that the writers will do the same thing with Nadia this season that they did with Nina during season 1: make her look guilty, make her look innocent, and then have her be guilty.

xman25

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 02:56 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 12:56 PM #233 of 410
You know what will make this season epic: the return of Tony Almeida. I'm maintaining my stance from last season. He's coming back.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:23 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 10:23 PM #234 of 410
Although I definately think this is one of the worse seasons, I do like the rivalry between the two main terrorists. Usually they focus just on the one main baddie

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Thalin; Mar 28, 2007 at 05:41 PM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:26 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 05:26 PM #235 of 410
'Sup zombie serum~

ZOMBIES ATE MY TERRORISTS

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:27 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 11:27 PM #236 of 410
Kind of off topic, but did anybody catch the new South Park today. I lol'd.

"THERE IS A SNUKE IN HER SNATCH."

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 12:37 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 11:37 PM #237 of 410
So yeah, I'm really late in talking about this episode (even with th crash), which just goes to show how much I liked it.

Seriously, I could bitch in detail about why I didn't like it, but that would take too much effort that isn't even worth it. The main thing was that even when the episode had one saving grace in Palmer coming to the rescue, they ruin it by reusing an old plotline afterwards. Ugh. I'm still hoping this season can get better somehow, but really, I don't see how that can happen (maybe Zombie Almeida).

But yeah, that episode of South Park was hilarious. That maybe be my second favorite episode ever (because nothing will ever top Chinpokomon).

Most amazing jew boots
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 06:32 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2007, 06:32 AM #238 of 410
Kind of off topic, but did anybody catch the new South Park today. I lol'd.

"THERE IS A SNUKE IN HER SNATCH."
I liked the applejuice parallel to Jack's drug problem. Then the constant takeovers ='D Awesome ep, but a good amount of the humor was inside jokes that only fans would've caught.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 07:06 AM #239 of 410
The CTU phone sound effect was the best part of the episode. Kyle in the Chloe role was fine, but why did they have to make Cartman Jack Bauer?

FELIPE NO
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 07:20 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2007, 07:20 AM #240 of 410
I dunno. The bad guy blowing up in a corny explosion was worth a laugh ='D DEATH MUST BE OVER-THE-TOP.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 06:16 PM #241 of 410
So how bad is the episode going to be tonight? More Supreme Court perjury action? I predict the climactic event they've been touting in the commercial happens in the last 5 seconds.

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 09:05 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 07:05 PM #242 of 410
"Damn, Jack."

Best fucking episode all season. I found myself laughing during it because of its awesomeness. It was like when he singlehandedly killed all the Drazens.

Anyway, Jack probably hates Asians now. The Chinese love to make it rain on Jack's parade.

Oh, hey GFF.

waka waka

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 09:06 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 09:06 PM #243 of 410
I like how Season 6 suddenly turned awesome in one episode.

Palmer bluffing was something I really didn't see coming. I figured it was odd how he had a 180, but figured it was from brain trauma thanks to the adrenaline shot. It was a nice little trick~

Finally, a scene of Jack kicking unexpected levels of ass. When I saw the preview last week, I figured that Jack getting plugged would've been in the last couple minutes of the episode. Was like "sigh." Then he gets plugged, and it's unveiled as a staged op? Fucking awesome.

The fake cell helping out Fayed was a slick plan, as well as the duress-code. I figured that Jack would've arrived on-site and got captured. He didn't call in and I figured it'd come back to bite him in the ass. Not so~

The fight scene with Fayed and his men was fantastic. I also like how you saw Jack pick up his handgun he left behind after it all. Nice little touch =p

But Audrey getting unraveled in this season wasn't what I was expecting. This is good though -- I didn't want to wait another year to see this plot device get tended to. I figured there'd be more stuff with Fayed and the nukes, but it seems to focus on tying off Jack's troubles with the Chinese. I'm guessing they want the nukes or nuke detonators. Either way, this'll be cool.

"Mr. President, you owe me." ;D

"Damn, Jack..." <3 Sums up what I've been waiting on someone to say to Jack after all these seasons.

Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 09:17 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 10:17 PM #244 of 410
I didn't see them completely ending the Fayed and the nukes plot this episode, they were leading us to believe that #2 would take over and Audrey whould be brought back as an end of season cliffhanger. Great action, “say hello to your brother”, “Damn Jack”. I like how they tied everything back to the events of the beginning of the day, makes the episode feel like it actually part of one long day, these little thing help a lot with suspension of disbelief. I suspected Palmer may be have been bluffing but the writers kept me guessing. Little brother Wayne growing up; CTU’s fake rescue plan; Jack taking down a whole bunch of baddies; a new direction for the reminder of the season; significant redemption of a sub-par season;Good episode.

Spoiler:
The preview look to be a great set up jack working against CTU to give the Chinese what ever they want; Jack apparently putting himself ahead of his country to save Audrey

Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 09:24 PM #245 of 410
That episode was miles away from the rest of the season. My only complaint is that some of this stuff, like the staged terrorist group and the satellite tracking of the truck, lacked explanation or enough detail. But it really doesn't matter because the awesomeness of most of the rest overrides it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:00 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 09:00 PM #246 of 410
As soon as Jack grabbed that chain, I knew he was going to John McLane Fayed's Karl.

Also:

Spoiler:
JACK IS GOING TO KILL HIM SOME CHINAMEN

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:36 PM #247 of 410
The past few episodes were really downhill for me but this episode picked the season back up strongly. The nuke bluff was awesome!! Jack killed two guys with one shot. And when Jack got the phone call I kept thinking, "It's Kim on the phone" but then it turns out to be Audrey. Wow, excellent surprise ending for the episode.

The scene when Jack ran out of bullets and marched up to Fayed and he was shooting at Jack, that part reminded me of a scene from a Korean movie called "Windstruck". It was great. I was thinking, "Robocop!!" If you saw "Windstruck" then you'll get why I was thinking that otherwise never mind.

FELIPE NO
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:08 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 11:08 PM #248 of 410
Holy shit. This episode REALLY picked up the slack that was starting to build this season. A bluffed nuke strike, an unexpected rescue mission, Jack finally killing people (single handedly, at that), and the death of the main villain, and an entire plot twist (or turn, I guess). Did not see any of that coming.

But how the hell did Fayed kill an entire truck of armed men, especially with the gun tucked away in his pocket. All of the CTU agents had their guns cocked and ready. Oh well.

What the hell do the Chinese want? The nukes? Are we going to finally find out what exactly had to be done for China's cooperation in Jack's release?

Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:01 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 10:01 PM #249 of 410
Haha, I need some more dramatic music for that hand to hand Jack and Fayed engaged in. Nonetheless, the last two episodes have been fantastic, definitely increasing the overall enjoyment of this season.

I'm all for another great plot twist. I'm guessing that the Chinese want something involving the nukes? Hopefully it ties in (loosely) with the main storyline...I'd hate to see just some storyline tacked on for the sake of completing the 24 episode run.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 04:01 AM #250 of 410
Holy shit. This episode REALLY picked up the slack that was starting to build this season. A bluffed nuke strike, an unexpected rescue mission, Jack finally killing people (single handedly, at that), and the death of the main villain, and an entire plot twist (or turn, I guess). Did not see any of that coming.

But how the hell did Fayed kill an entire truck of armed men, especially with the gun tucked away in his pocket. All of the CTU agents had their guns cocked and ready. Oh well.

What the hell do the Chinese want? The nukes? Are we going to finally find out what exactly had to be done for China's cooperation in Jack's release?
I think it was because they only had fake bullets in there guns and Fayed had real bullets in his gun.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] 24 Season 6 Discussion Thread