Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: The Silver Bullet, or the Green Cactus?
Qdoba 3 13.64%
Chipotle 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Qdoba vs. Chipotle

LaMenina
Der Kommissar

Member 23054

Level 7.53

Jul 2007

Old May 5, 2008, 07:04 PM #1 of 38
Qdoba vs. Chipotle

So, from which culinary kitchen do you prefer those fatty fatty burritos from?

Qdoba, with its snazzy little cactus logo, or Chipotle, with the astro/contemporary font and restaurant layout?

I think I prefer Chipotle. I seem to get more bang for my buck there.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Who is John Galt?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old May 5, 2008, 07:11 PM #2 of 38
I've only ever been to a Qdoba, but from a marketing standpoint, theirs is the better name. It's intriguing and more instinctively pronounceable. Qdoba also more adequately conveys their theme; if you don't know what a chipotle pepper is, you're sort of lost. A cactus, on the other hand, is a pretty recognizable symbol of Tex-Mex cuisine.

Having never eaten both to compare, I must withhold full judgement. But Qdoba wins the logo battle.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2008, 07:19 PM #3 of 38
Out of all the burrito places I've tried, Qdoba was inferior to Chipotle, California Tortilla, and Urban Burrito. Their cheese sauce was okay, but I just wasn't very impressed. Although Chipotle had the plainest menu of them all it still had quite a bit of flavor.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 01:02 AM Local time: May 5, 2008, 11:02 PM #4 of 38
Having never even heard of Qdoba, never mind eaten there, and being a fervent follower of Chipotle, I would say the latter since I can't imagine anything more delicious than a giant chicken fajita burrito with chunky guacamole and Chipotle Tabasco sauce.

True, I'm making an uninformed decision but I'm moving in September and nothing made me happier than knowing a Chipotle was within walking distance of my living quarters.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 01:11 AM #5 of 38
I've actually eaten at both. They have a Qdoba on the Rutgers - College Ave. Campus and tried Chipotle a couple of times when I've been in NYC.

I agree that Chipotle has the better taste, but Qdoba manages to take it from them just for the amount of variety that it has.

Qdoba for me.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 01:28 AM Local time: May 6, 2008, 12:28 AM #6 of 38
Having never even heard of Qdoba, never mind eaten there, and being a fervent follower of Chipotle, I would say the latter since I can't imagine anything more delicious than a giant chicken fajita burrito with chunky guacamole and Chipotle Tabasco sauce.
I'm holding you personally responsible for the small puddle of drool that just formed on my keyboard.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 01:21 PM Local time: May 6, 2008, 12:21 PM #7 of 38
I've never even heard of Qdoba... in my neck of the woods it's either Freebirds or Chipotle, and while I like both, I like the overall flavor of Chipotle better. I just wish they had the option of adding extra cilantro .

And I love their metal-sculpture Mayan symbol art as well.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Arkhangelsk; May 6, 2008 at 01:23 PM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 01:25 PM Local time: May 6, 2008, 11:25 AM #8 of 38
Since of those two we only have a Chipotle here in Visalia, it wins by default.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 01:56 PM #9 of 38
Why does it have to be either one? Chipotle burritos are dry and lack variety, and Qdoba, while having a lot more to chose from, is too expensive (no combo for chips and a drink to go along with my burrito?) I'll take California Tortilla (local to the DC area) or any other local chain over those two.

SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old May 6, 2008, 02:30 PM Local time: May 6, 2008, 02:30 PM #10 of 38
Chipotle all the way. My favorite would have to be the vegetarian bowl! I love the burrito stuff too but falling into that trap gets my stomach really full, too full that it hurts.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 03:25 AM Local time: May 7, 2008, 01:25 AM #11 of 38
I'll take Qdoba any day over Chipotle. I love the ability to choose more than a burrito or a taco for dinner, they cost about the same amount of money, and goddamn nothing beats Qdoba's nachos. Also, gotta say I like the taste of Qdoba's chicken a lot better than Chipotle's.

BlindMonk
A ride! Now that's a good idea!

Member 28143

Level 18.68

Feb 2008

Old May 7, 2008, 11:34 AM Local time: May 7, 2008, 11:34 AM #12 of 38
The limited selection never bothered me at Chipotle. I go there when I want an excellent Chipotle burrito (and veritable meal in itself). Aaaaand I go to other restaurants when I'm in the mood for something else. Not a big deal.

I'm certainly going to be trying out Qdoba soon, however, as there's a franchise location just a block down the way from here.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:18 AM #13 of 38
I decided to give Qdoba another shot yesterday, since it's a 9 block walk to California Tortilla. Qdoba's chicken ranch taco salad was quite tasty, especially the grilled chicken, but for almost the same price ($6) I could get a salad twice as big, with more toppings, at California Tortilla. At least it's a good way to enforce portion control.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 01:52 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 11:52 AM #14 of 38
Where's BM at with the rabid Chipotle support?

Never heard of Qdoba before and there's a Chipotle within a couple miles of where I live, so my preference is obviously skewed.

Kind of disagree with Qdoba being more "instinctively pronounceable." How do you pronounce it? Q-doba? Kuhdoughba? Chipotle seems much more manageable to me.

BlindMonk

Member 28143

Level 18.68

Feb 2008

Old May 8, 2008, 03:29 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 03:29 PM #15 of 38
Alright, just tried out Qdoba and I thought it was pretty tasty. Maybe a little flat compared to Chipotle but seeing as its closer I'll probably end up going there instead.

FELIPE NO
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 8, 2008, 09:00 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 06:00 PM #16 of 38
I've never even heard of Qdoba... in my neck of the woods it's either Freebirds or Chipotle, and while I like both, I like the overall flavor of Chipotle better. I just wish they had the option of adding extra cilantro .

And I love their metal-sculpture Mayan symbol art as well.
I didn't even know Freebirds was a chain until now. I went to the original one in Goleta (a.k.a. Isla Vista, a.k.a. Santa Barbara) many times. They have awesome burritos. However, it's a different style than Chipotle. I like both. I've never been to a Qdoba, but I hear there's one somewhere not to far from where I live now, so I'll have to seek it out.

Last edited by Kaleb.G; May 8, 2008 at 09:03 PM.
BlindMonk

Member 28143

Level 18.68

Feb 2008

Old May 8, 2008, 10:39 PM Local time: May 8, 2008, 10:39 PM #17 of 38
Ha, Freebirds...

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 10:36 AM #18 of 38
This poll needs more Moe's.

There's a Qdoba more conveniently located near me than a Chipotle, and I've taken quite a liking to their burritos. Sometimes they're poorly wrapped, but they're overflowing with fixings. Dee=lish.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2008, 11:07 AM #19 of 38
This poll needs more Moe's.
You mean the place that throws your chips willy-nilly into a bag, then tosses your burrito on top of them, and tops it off with an insultingly small container of salsa? I don't think so.

rudds
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 30072

Level 2.12

May 2008

Old May 22, 2008, 03:38 AM #20 of 38
Franchised burritos are tools of the white man. Get to California and eat a burrito from some dingy taqueria you never heard of.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2008, 12:01 AM Local time: May 23, 2008, 09:01 PM #21 of 38
I've never heard of Qdoba before (I'm in California), and I'm also not sure if we have any around the area I live in. There are quite a few Chipotles in the area though. Maybe about three within 5 miles of where I live. So I have to go with Chipotle for the sake of familiarity. I also usually feel quite full after eating there.

Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2008, 11:29 AM #22 of 38
:3 Legend has it that the Chipotle near my campus was the first restaurant~ (yea go Colorado)

I've tried Qdoba before, and honestly wasn't a fan. The burrito I had was soggy after like five minutes, which made it really difficult/gross to eat.

Can't remember much of the flavor either, which may say something about how tasty it was (whereas I remember how Chipotle's burritos taste like)

'Course, I've had Chipotle first, so that might be a factor of not liking Qdoba, but I think I'll get my burritos from Chipotle <3

ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old May 24, 2008, 11:39 AM #23 of 38
In my area, there is neither a Qdoba (which I've never heard of) or a Chipotle (which I've heard from friends in the Midwest). Actually, there aren't any franchised burrito places in my area.

I'd say the closest would be a California Tortilla in Newark, DE but I don't know how widespread that franchise is, aside from locations in D.C. It could be that it's just a college town and they were cashing in on the craziness that can be a college campus.

FELIPE NO
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:29 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 02:29 AM #24 of 38
I've only been to Chipotle. The first visit was the direct result of endless Chipotle talk, so I decided to give the place a try. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed, but this was probably because I failed at ordering. I don't even remember what I got. The second time around, I ordered a steak burrito and added beans, pico de gallo, and rice. Much better. I could definitely use another one right now. The only issue I have is the price. Okay, well, I guess it's not too bad, but I could fill myself with more at the same price. And no, I'm not referring to greasy McDonalds. But then again, Chipotle usually leaves me feeling pretty full, so meh.

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:22 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2008, 10:22 AM #25 of 38
Chipotle is better for one reason: Chipotle Tabasco sauce, as was pointed out by kat. I mean, I get the (pretty boring) vegetarian salad, but I smother that damn thing with this sauce. I don't think it's available in stores. =/

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Qdoba vs. Chipotle