Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Soft subtitles (how do I shot)

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:05 PM #1 of 9
Soft subtitles (how do I shot)

So I downloaded [REC] on the recommendations of several people's journals; problem is, the subtitles are softcoded and I don't quite know how to do it. I've got MPC, so no problems there.

So, as the title states:

How do I shot subtitles?

How ya doing, buddy?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:39 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 11:39 PM #2 of 9
The simplest answer is that if you have MPC as part of the CCCP, then you already have a softsub filter. If you didn't get MPC as part of the CCCP, then you have two options. You can either install VSFilter manually, or you could just axe your current installation and use CCCP, which just bundles all the typical playback components together.

In case you're concerned, it's not some monstrosity like the K-Lite Codec Pack, it just installs a few things. I'll include the full list, so that you know exactly what you're getting. If you prefer, you can just supplement your current setup by adding the things you're missing manually. It's functionally about the same, the pack is simply an easy bundle of good builds for all this software.

* Haali Media Splitter 2007-02-15 (MKV, MP4, OGM/OGG, TS, AVI)
* VSFilter 2007-01-09 SVN r611 build (SSA/ASS, SRT, VOBSUB subtitles)
* FFDShow Unicode 2007-02-14 CCCP build (H.264/AVC, DivX, Xvid, various audio codecs)
* WMV9VCM (WMV9 content if you don't have Windows Media Player 9 or 10)
* Gabest's MPV (MPEG2) Decoder 2007-02-14 SVN r611 build (DVD)
* CoreWavPack 1.0.3
* Gabest's FLV Splitter 1.0.0.1
* Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0
* Zoom Player Standard 5.00

There are a couple of things there which most users won't need, but they are included as a fallback, in case (for example) you don't have an MPEG2 or WMV decoder installed, for some strange reason. There are two players because variety is nice, and not everyone likes MPC. Strange people.

There are also a few add-ons which are recommended, but which aren't distributed with the pack. The two I can think of right now are the QuickTime and RealMedia alternative decoders, because anything is better than using the official players for those formats.

I thoroughly recommend CCCP. It comes with few problems, and many solutions.

How ya doing, buddy?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:07 PM #3 of 9
Yeah, I got it as part of the CCCP. Do I just need to put the softsubs into the same folder as the file, then?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:09 PM 1 #4 of 9
In the same folder, with the same filename [except the extension], and they should show up automatically. If they don't, you should be able to turn them on in the MPC settings by right-clicking the window, or in the menu bar options somewhere. The other option is to use VLC, which would do the same thing, but it has a different sub renderer, so you might have more options with that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:52 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 12:52 AM 1 #5 of 9
Yeah, I got it as part of the CCCP. Do I just need to put the softsubs into the same folder as the file, then?
I'm sorry; I assumed they were embedded into the file, as is customary with softsubbed MKV files. If they come as a separate file, then you just need to do what Sousuke explained. Even if they have a different filename, you can still select to "load subtitles" from a menu option, but fixing the filename is easy to do and makes it automatic. At most you'd need to right-click and turn subs on.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:15 AM #6 of 9
I just want to add that the Real and Quicktime alternatives have not been updated in forever and that should you ever install them DO NOT check the box that also installs its version of Media Player Classic as it was cause it to default to that version instead of CCCP's default install of Media Player Classic which is much newer and better.

I'd advise against installing these anyway since CCCP's MPC will actually play these files and if you have any issues then go into the Options -> Formats and set Quicktime or Realplayer to DirectShow. That should make it play. You don't need these alternatives.

Plus most Quicktime shit on the net doesn't work with the alternative these days anymore. You should just install the stand-alone Quicktime installer (if you hate iTunes and don't want it bundled) in the case that you ever want to visit Apple's movie trailers page.

Honestly, the only other reason you'd want Quicktime installed is to set it to handle mp3s in Firefox for ytmnd pages. Otherwise most places use flash for video these days and for good reason too.

I'm just glad Apple wised up and decided it was retarded to charge people money so they can full-screen their videos in Quicktime. What bullshit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:25 PM #7 of 9
I'd want Quicktime installed because I play old games.

(also itunes sucks use Foobar or winamp and rip using other programs)

FELIPE NO
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:21 PM 1 #8 of 9
Okay, so there are a few other reasons for Quicktime but honestly we all know it's a pretty shitty format none of us use if given a choice not to.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2008, 03:23 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2008, 09:23 PM #9 of 9
I'll say! It does suck, and I groan every time I see a file in Quicktime format. I don't want that shit, why does anyone ever use it?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Soft subtitles (how do I shot)