Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Occupy

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:55 PM 1 #1 of 73
On one hand, I am for it because I agree that the government is a puppet for the companies that pay them in lobby machinations. It all comes down to "follow the money" and everything wrong started with Reagan busting up the airline control tower unions in 1983 or so. Since then, the continued minimization of union power, the increase in fat-cat donations to party lines and the hand-shaking going on between corporation and elected officials has been way out of hand. My political history is a little sketchy but didn't Roosevelt dismiss all elected officials in the House for exactly this issue we're dealing with today?

On the other hand, I'm worried because self-serving agenda assholes like Michael Moore are walking into the crowd and attempting to sway them toward his private war-mongering instead of actually doing something *people* want.

YouTube Video

The above link came from a great blog by ZeroHedge, which everyone should read - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/mike-k...-useful-idiots

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Misogynyst Gynecologist; Oct 13, 2011 at 02:59 PM.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:54 AM 1 #2 of 73
While the powers of the presidency grew tremendously under Roosevelt, and continued growing from then to the present day, I'm pretty sure they haven't gotten to the tyrannical level represented by the ability to dismiss the House.
Like I said, my memory is a little sketchy but Roosevelt was known as the trust-buster and part of that mantra was from cleaning out Washington by dismissing people in office who were corrupt or taking bribes from corporations.

(Again, its not even 8 in the morning and my memory of Progressive Party history is nil. When I get home, I'll check the one book I have on Teddy to see what the fuck I half-remember.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:05 PM 1 #3 of 73
YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:20 PM 1 #4 of 73
Well, what did you expect? In the entire history of civilization, protest marches have not done a single thing. Unfortunately, you need something like the Watts Riots or people fighting police dogs because they have no other choice to get stuff moving.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2011, 07:53 PM 1 #5 of 73
A thoughtful man whom I have deep respect for - but unfortunately he became a better symbol as a martyr than he did when he was alive. Similar to JFK.

The Watts Riots and the Detroit riots had a much more lasting effect on the American public.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:59 AM 1 #6 of 73
I don't think anyone's disputing that, and I don't think anyone is claiming that bitching in and of itself is accomplishing anything.
Unfortunately, the people I've talked to who support or have been to OWS think exactly this - and get very, very angry when I ask them if they've seen any results from standing around and yelling a lot (Not in those words but you get my meaning). They seem to be under the pretense that being Hippies 2.0 is going to get some kind of result when that original movement was a complete failure as well.

I like the reason these people are angry but talk about doing everything the wrong way.

What do you expect them to do instead? By definition these people are largely powerless.
Riot? I mean, I'm into the idea really. Nor looting or people coming to harm. But would *be* something. Its still an option. And I'd much rather see people riot now against a rotting establishment than in 20 years when people are rioting to break into a bread truck because no one can afford food anymore. (Something of a stretch but we'll see.)

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2012, 09:05 AM #7 of 73
This thread world have just gotten depressing.
So you can't protest where an elected official is speaking.

So what?

FELIPE NO
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2012, 02:34 PM #8 of 73
The elected officials have largely ignored this movement
Well to be honest - this movement isn't anything in the first place.

Yes people are angry and for good reason - but holding signs and screaming a lot isn't action. Its that whole "raising awareness" bullshit - the passive-aggressive "if I inform other people, then THEY can act on it!" mindset - thats the problem. Everyone is talking. No one is acting.

Of course the officials aren't taking this seriously. Anyone with two firing synapses can't.

As to this law, heres what it says - "Don't do protests during elected officials speeches, rallies, etc". Yeah. Okay. That didn't stop Ron Kovic or any of the other people who've acted instead of just talked.

If you are afraid of being arrested for what you believe in, you are chickenshit and what you believe in will not be taken seriously by anyone.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Tags
dream team of lawyers, fuck the poor, it's gon' rain money, itt: the red scare, sheek

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Occupy