Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Iraq, dreamtime, would this work?

GuileMike
Carob Nut

Member 8930

Level 5.90

Jun 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:36 AM #1 of 8
Iraq, dreamtime, would this work?

what if this happened which it wont

North Iraq, made of mostly Kurds, turn it into Kurdistan(separate country)

Central Iraq, made of mostly sunni, turn it into Sunni Iraq(separate country)

South Iraq, made of mostlt shitte, turn it into Shitte Iraq(separate country)

since the country has a great deal of hatered for each other, do you think it would stop alot of violence? Rmember this is just thought up, I never think it would ever happen. But it makes since to separate people who dont mind killing each other right? Who you think it would work if carried out

thoughts and please be civilized, this is just a scenario

Most amazing jew boots
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:11 AM #2 of 8
Well, if you go back and look at what Osama bin Laden has been saying over the years re: Iraq, you'll figure out pretty fast that dividing Iraq would really tick off Al Qaeda and probably a great deal of the islamic world.

Mind you, when bin Laden spoke about dividing Iraq, it always had to do with Israel taking a chunk of it... Still, I think many people would not want to see a divided Iraq.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
AlogiA
Βλέπω κάτι όνειρα...

Member 1866

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 08:32 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 03:32 PM #3 of 8
Originally Posted by GuileMike
North Iraq, made of mostly Kurds, turn it into Kurdistan(separate country)
Okay, but what about the Kurds in Syria, Iran and Turkey?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 09:33 AM #4 of 8
Did dividing Palestine into Israel and Palestine work? Splitting Yugoslavia into seperate states didn't exactly stop fighting there either.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Arainach; Jul 30, 2006 at 09:36 AM.
AlogiA
Βλέπω κάτι όνειρα...

Member 1866

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:21 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2006, 05:21 PM #5 of 8
Originally Posted by Arainach
Splitting Yugoslavia into seperate states didn't exactly stop fighting there either.
It made the situation even worse.

Most amazing jew boots
How Unfortunate
Ghost

Member 4460

Level 13.04

Apr 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 08:32 PM #6 of 8
H.G. Wells always attributed a great deal of the 19th century violence in Europe to stupid and obstinate map-making by diplomats. He claimed that there was a "natural map" of the world based on linguist, religious, and cultural lines, and that wars that fought this map were always temporary gains at best, dotted by revolts (Ireland anyone?). Whereas actions that restored the political map, that didn't try to force disparate peoples together usually stuck.

...side note: wasn't the reason we didn't split the country because only one or two parts had the oil wealth? So you'd have rich frontiers and a poor center, but the center has the most cities, political and military power? (Memory's a bit fuzzy, unfortunately).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 09:26 PM #7 of 8
Yeah, that's pretty much the reason why it isn't happening. The oil is not distributed evenly and there's no way that the Sunni's will ever agree to a reasonable share.

FELIPE NO
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:44 AM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 04:44 PM #8 of 8
When you split the two there most likely will be a war between the different sides for superiority, i.e. Korea and Vietnam.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Iraq, dreamtime, would this work?