Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your Oven

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:39 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2007, 08:39 AM #1 of 20
Your Oven

What's your oven like?

I've got a really tiny electric one I can only fit a casserole dish in if I stick it in longways. It tends to run a little cooler than what I have the dial set to (around 25°F or so, so I've been reluctant to bake much in it). It is a fairly neat color, I'd say it's close to a pistachio or something like that.

I think there's a broiler at the bottom, but it seems to be jammed so I'm not sure (I'd think it might be the spot for a pilot light, but as I said, the thing's electric).

I'm moving in about two months where I'll be in a new apartment for grad school and I'm crossing my fingers that their campus ovens are gas powered (though I doubt it ).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
janus zeal
=^~^=

Member 3660

Level 18.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:53 AM #2 of 20
gas > electric.

Mine is white, flat burners, electric. Just wide enough for a 15" home made pizza. It seems to have a bit of trouble staying on though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:54 AM #3 of 20
I've got a gas oven, which is something I've had to adapt to since moving north. Overall, I like it better than electric, because it cooks faster (especially on the stove), but I don't care for the broiler at all. Unlike an electric oven, where you can stick any old pan under the broiler, because it's in the main cavity, on a gas oven the broiler is underneath in its own space. You get a more flame-broiled taste, but you're stuck using a pan that's hard to clean, and you can't stick any old thing under the broiler (like a casserole).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:15 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2007, 08:15 AM #4 of 20
We have a gas oven at home. I love it. I hate the ones at school, though. They're electric and everything gets burnt, no matter how much we adjust the temperature/time. Break and bake cookies (that say to cook for ~10 or 11 minutes) burn around 7. It makes me never want to cook anything. The stove part is fine, though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:34 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2007, 09:34 AM #5 of 20
You might want to get an oven thermometer christina. For some reasons all the ones I've had at school apartments have had their temperature settings horribly off and after you've cooked at a few temperatures it's pretty easy to see how miscalibrated the thermometer on the inside is. A decent oven thermometer only costs $10-15, too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:52 AM #6 of 20
My oven is a white electric standard. Nothing special about it, except our lower right burner doesn't work properly and our oven has a heating light (red dot) to let you know its preheating. Then perhaps about 15 mins? just cooking inside inbetween.

One thing for sure, I could never really master the timing of when its done. Even when the oven is preheated, the food typically cooks a lot faster than norm.

And... doesn't gas ovens cost you a LOT on your gas bill? o.o'

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
janus zeal
=^~^=

Member 3660

Level 18.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2007, 01:13 PM #7 of 20
And... doesn't gas ovens cost you a LOT on your gas bill? o.o'
I was lucky the only place I've had a gas oven was an apartment where the gas was included in the bill.

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:36 AM #8 of 20
I have a toaster oven that's smaller than the old one so we can't put cookie sheets in there anymore to keep the plastic trays of our TV dinners melting through so we have to put those into the big regular oven which takes 10 times longer to preheat OMG and it's got convection but I have no clue how that works kawaii desu ne nyoro~~~~n

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 09:57 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 07:57 AM #9 of 20
How well does the convection oven actually work? The concept seems so cool but I've never had the opportunity to use one before.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:11 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 11:41 AM #10 of 20
Mine is a flat top electric stove, but I would rather much prefer the propane stove. That was the kind of stove I grew up with and it bakes much better then the electric.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:29 AM #11 of 20
How well does the convection oven actually work? The concept seems so cool but I've never had the opportunity to use one before.
I'm afraid to use it. I think Stephen's parents have used it, but I don't really cook, so I think using it on frozen meals might not be a good idea.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:59 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2007, 09:59 AM #12 of 20
The convection oven should make your food cook a lot faster since you're not just relying on radiant head from the burners and naturally occurring convection currents within the air, but forcing hot air around your oven keeping more of it equally heated and heating it up faster. Don't know if I'd use it on frozen meals because they're usually timed for a normal oven, but I could see using it on casseroles and those sorts of things that tend to cook for a good while.

healeygirl
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 23120

Level 2.12

Jul 2007

Old Jul 20, 2007, 05:03 PM #13 of 20
I have an electric, but I really hate those gas ones. I am always afraid they are gonna blow up or something....haha I'm a chicken. I just really hate lighting them. Has anyone ever actually heard of anyone getting burned from them from letting too much gas out and lighting it, or of one blowing up on them? I would be interested to know. If no one has heard of that, then maybe my fears would subside!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:28 PM #14 of 20
I have an electric, but I really hate those gas ones. I am always afraid they are gonna blow up or something....haha I'm a chicken. I just really hate lighting them. Has anyone ever actually heard of anyone getting burned from them from letting too much gas out and lighting it, or of one blowing up on them? I would be interested to know. If no one has heard of that, then maybe my fears would subside!
I'm the SAME way. I have a decent sized electric oven that's pretty old, but I don't want to get a gas one to replace it because I'm afraid of the flames. ;_;

My mother swears gas ones cook better, though.

Most amazing jew boots
yuna00
Chocobo

Member 305

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 01:45 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 10:45 AM #15 of 20
white electric oven/stove. didn't really have a choice with it since it came with the apartment. altho, i hate gas stoves just because i'm scared of them. lol

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 22, 2007, 04:27 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2007, 02:27 PM #16 of 20
My brother got a pretty good sized fireball in his face when he didn't realize he had turned the gas on then used the starter about a minute later.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Overkill
Syklis Green

Member 1892

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2007, 09:35 PM #17 of 20
Oh, an oven! We have one of those. It cooks things. With gas and magical blue flames somewhere. Occasionally, I get the chore of stuffing some frozen fish or chicken wings in there while my parents are at work. Whenever the thing doesn't actually start up, I get really freaked out, turn off the burner and walk away for a good few minutes before attempting again.

As you can tell I don't really know too much about it, because I haven't really had the opportunity or desire to cook all that much yet. When I move into an apartment with 11 other friends next year, I'll probably get some more experience cooking. I'm suspecting they would have electric ovens for some reason.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2007, 10:34 PM #18 of 20
Got a gas stove in my house. I've tried to cook on electric stoves, but everything goes too slowly. I occasionally get scarred of the flames when they don't immediately pop up, but I know how to start it back up again...

I can only cook so many things on it though. <.<

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:15 PM #19 of 20
Does anyone have a bun in their oven?

SilencedSMG
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 23478

Level 1.10

Jul 2007

Old Aug 3, 2007, 01:57 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2007, 07:57 PM #20 of 20
I have a Pizza pie cooking...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Your Oven