Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Recipes using a George Foreman

Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 08:50 PM #1 of 24
Recipes using a George Foreman

Being a single guy, I never do much cooking cause of all the hassle just for myself. However, I have a George Foreman lying around that I'm sure there are some things that could be done with it.

So I'm wondering if anybody knows of any sites that have things that could be easily made on a foreman (or their own personal recipes). Keep it to small and simple recipes please, given I'm a single guy who's a lousy cook. ^^;;

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 09:47 PM #2 of 24
I just put MEAT on it (of course, I plug it in and let it preheat for about two minutes); then a few minutes later I EAT.

Cheeseburgers are all I ever make on it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 12:37 AM #3 of 24
You can make pretty good grilled cheese sandwiches on it, or, if you don't want the butter, toasted bread with cheese melted on the inside. Since the cooking surface is non-stick it doesn't matter if any cheese drips out unlike in a normal toaster oven (in which case your whole kitchen will smell like burnt cheese, possibly one of the worst odors ever).

I've also found the George Foreman Grill to be pretty useful for cooking bacon. I usually wouldn't have paper towels handy in my apartment (one of my roommates would go through them too fast for them to be worth restocking), so I couldn't cook them in the microwave, and cleaning out a pan after cooking in the oven was too much of a hassle. By using the grill you can get a couple of slices cooked in a matter of minutes, perfect if you only want to cook them piece by piece instead of the whole package at once.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:40 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 01:40 AM #4 of 24
Grilled cheese I've seen info about, but not bacon. That's a good idea...I'm a bit worried about broiling them with all the mess it would leave. I can always steal bacon from my folks...good idea.

bacon bacon bacon...it's BACON!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:51 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 12:51 AM #5 of 24
It does make a pretty nasty mess, but since the top is closed, at least it's a mess that's pretty easy to clean up.

Personally, I like to make the bacon, clean it off (fat rolls off really fast if you leave the grill hot) and then throw it onto a grilled cheese sandwich.

Oh, also be aware that you need thick bread if you want to try and toast it on a George Foreman. Some of my grain breads were cut pretty thin and weren't fat enough when stacked to push against the top grilling plate, so I wound up having to flip it and ending up with a worse sandwich than if I had just made it on the stovetop.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 05:07 PM #6 of 24
I use the Foreman a lot for roast beef sandwiches. It's as simple as putting roast beef from the deli on the grill, and add any kind of shredded cheese while it's cooking. You can even grill the bread for the sandwich this way. It's pretty convenient.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:56 AM #7 of 24
I hate hate HATE cooking, but there's one thing I'll cook on the George Foreman. I can't claim it's fantastic, but every once in a while I want to eat something that's NOT fast food.

Ingredients:
Fully Cooked Meatloaf (you can get 'em that way at the grocery store)
Bread
Mozzarella Cheese
Pizza/Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons Mayo
Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (they come in very little packets)

Assemble as such: bread, slice of mozzarella, 2 teaspoons pizza/tomato sauce, 2 slices of meatloaf (side-by-side), mozzarella, bread.

Then mix the Italian seasoning, mayo, and parmesan cheese in a bowl and spread it on the outside of one of the slices of bread. Put it on the George Foreman, spread the same stuff on the other side, and close it. Let it cook for 2 minutes or so...

I know anything with the word "meatloaf" in it is generally a turn off, but really, this isn't that bad. And it's easier/quicker than it sounds. TRUST me, I can't even cook spaghetti.

Most amazing jew boots
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:19 PM #8 of 24
I use mine mainly for cooking salmon. It takes about 5 to 6 minutes max it to be cooked properly. I prefer using it with fresh salmon versus the stuff that's been sitting in the freezers at grocery stores. I've cooked turkey burgers and boca burgers on it before, but salmon tastes the best so far.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:10 PM #9 of 24
All I use mine for is cooking burgers and hotdogs...standard lazy people food.

Internet: for the win!
Demon Arashi
O.A.D

Member 8643

Level 4.31

Jun 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:53 PM #10 of 24
Originally Posted by Demon Arashi
All I use mine for is cooking burgers and hotdogs...standard lazy people food.
But when I cook burgers on it, I cook them so the grill lines are vertical, then turn the pattie so they're horizontal...I likes my beef patties artistic!:biggrin:

Internet: for the win!
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 11:50 PM #11 of 24
You can cook most things in a George Foreman that you could cook on a pan. Obviously you aren't going to stirfry on a GF, but their are a few things you can get away with. When my hot plate went on the fritz, I managed to make french toast on my GF.

Take two eggs, crack'em n' scrambl'em in a bowl, and soak some bread in them. Toss them on a hot GF, and take'em off when they look tasty.

I know this isn't a very complicated recipie, but a GF is a pretty limited machine.

Most amazing jew boots
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:26 AM #12 of 24
Like Fatt said, the George Foreman grill is basically a pan, except you can't really oil it (like to cook fried rice or fried eggs). I love cooking, but I find the grill to be good because you drip away the fat. So basically using the Foreman grill you slap on a slab of meat (frozen or thawed) and once it is thawed season it with salt, pepper and other spices to taste. Flip and season, finish cooking. You can, premarinate if you so desire.

You can heat stuff up that is intended for ovens, such as pizzas, but nothing with a metal pan. What you do (if you don't want the top of the pizza to be ruined) is you put the pizza on the bottom grill and then get a toilet paper roll to hold up the handle (that extends out of the grilling region) so the top grill can heat without touching the top.

Oh yeah, you can cook fries too =D

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 04:52 PM #13 of 24
I think im going to go get one of these now.

I dont mind cooking on the stove and grill, but a GF seems to cut down on hassle when you dont have the time to deal with standard cooking procedures.

Do you have to order these things, or can I just swing in a sears and pick one up?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:11 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 06:11 PM #14 of 24
I would be shocked if you couldn't pick one up in a Sears or a Walmart. I bought a knockoff for about $20 from a Jewel-Osco, and it still works fine after three years. If you couldn't find it at a local retailer, they sell them online somewhere I'm sure.

How ya doing, buddy?
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:56 PM #15 of 24
I picked mine up from the shopping channel's store, you probably shouldn't do that. You can find it anywhere now, but you don't have to get GF. There's a lot of replicas out now like Hamilton beach makes em etc etc.

FELIPE NO
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 09:25 PM #16 of 24
Sounds good to me. I would of cheaped out for an off brand anyway if I saw one. No sense in buying it for the name.

BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:59 AM #17 of 24
lol, just make sure you get one tha tdrips fat, they're amazing. You see all this oil that you would have eaten otherwise...so remember...don't lick the drip tray

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:00 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 02:00 PM #18 of 24
I remember a time when people had a grill above their oven with no celebrity endorsement. There used to be a bunch of stuff you could cook under it too but I guess George Forman copyrighted all the recipes or something.

Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:10 AM #19 of 24
Preseason the bottom side with Old Bay seasoning. Slap on some cold, frozen Boca Burger patties. Season the top side of that patty. Not sure how long you'd need to wait, but keep an eye on it every now and then. Just to make sure it doesn't burn and crisp into coal. Next:

-Put it on a hamburger bun.
-Put on a slice of tomato.
-Put on a layer of lettuce!
-Toss in a few pieces of onions.
-You'll now be able to enjoy a great tasting burger!

Seriously, Boca Burgers maybe vegan styled cuisine, but they are delicious when seasoned with Old Bay and styled like a hamburger.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:41 PM #20 of 24
Originally Posted by BlueEdge
lol, just make sure you get one tha tdrips fat, they're amazing. You see all this oil that you would have eaten otherwise...so remember...don't lick the drip tray
Ill just have it run onto the bun. Nothing like soggy bread covered in meat fat!

BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:57 PM #21 of 24
lol id suggest you cook the oil for a bit though, all kinds of raw liquids drip into it.

How ya doing, buddy?
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 04:10 PM #22 of 24
Does anyone know how other meats work on it? Like steak or porkchops? Or is this best left to the grill and stove?

Only reason is, because Ive only seen people mention ground beef and precooked frozen items.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:51 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 05:51 PM #23 of 24
I think my roommate's made a steak in there before and it turned out pretty well. I've also cooked chicken in there and had it turn out pretty decent.

I've also found the grill to be useful for when you want to make a few strips of bacon. The surface's incline makes all of the fat just drip away instead of pooling ontop of the bacon.

FELIPE NO
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 08:08 AM #24 of 24
Steak works very well, fresh or frozen. Really, all kinds of meat works, its just you don't want to put meat with bone and move it around as it can scratch the non-stick surface. Also steak, make sure not to overcook it. The tendancy is to forget about the food for a bit because the GF grill is that easy to use, so make sure you keep an eye on it.

My sister has tried grilled veges, which turned out quite well so you can try that too if you wish to. (Ex cucumbers, mushrooms, peppers with a bit of spice)

Like RacinReaver said, bacon is wicked. But you can't fit the entire bag of bacon on at once unless you have double layer bacon. Also there's so much fat that you might need to switch the drip trays.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Recipes using a George Foreman