Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Recipes using an oven

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:02 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 02:02 PM #1 of 7
Recipes using an oven

Being a single guy, I never do much cooking cause of all the hassle just for myself. However, I have an oven lying around that I'm sure there are some things that could be done with it.

So I'm wondering if anybody knows of any sites that have things that could be easily made in an oven (or their own personal recipes). Keep it to small and simple recipes please, given I'm a single guy who's a lousy cook. ^^;;

Most amazing jew boots
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:01 AM #2 of 7
Do you mean like an oven as in I can bake a pie or a pizza or oven as in the smaller versions that have toasting options?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:15 AM #3 of 7
Boil enough water in a large pot for 2 boxes of Ziti.

When ziti is tossed into the boiling pot, time it for 10-12mins.

Drain the entire contents of that pot into a colliander (bowl shaped draining thing for pastas, vegetables, etc.)

Get a baking pan and evenly fill the bottom with ziti.

Open your favorite spaghetti/tomato sauce and evenly cover the layer of ziti.

Get your favorite shredded cheese and really make a thick layer of it ontop of the sauce. Pop it into your oven for 450 degrees and set a timer for 25-30mins.

Done. Baked Ziti liek what?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:56 PM #4 of 7
hmm...id guess its a regular oven.

Fry some rice or boil some spagetti and put it into a ceramic dish
put some cooked meat over it (ex fried pork etc) and then pour over your favourite sauce. add some veges and then bake.

How ya doing, buddy?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 02:36 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 12:36 AM #5 of 7
Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders. I make it because it's healthier than fried but it's really easy and pretty tasty.

Some sort of Cereal like Cornflakes or Chex (Wheat Chex is good if you want your dietary fiber)
Low Fat Buttermilk
Thin Sliced Chicken Breast Cutlets (but you can also use turkey)
Salt and Pepper

Cut the chicken into small strips. Put in a bowl and cover with the buttermilk, this will make it more tender and juicier. Let it marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.

Crush your choice of cereal in a plastic baggie into crumbs and lay it out on a plate. Drain your chicken from the buttermilk and season with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the crushed cereal, the buttermilk on the chicken will help the coating stick.

Grease a baking sheet (put some oil on a paper towel and just wipe it around). Baked at 400 degrees for ~8 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken is. I tend to flip it them halfway, just because the bottom can get soggy if the chicken is too thick. Let it sit on the sheet to cool, this will help make it crispier.

Eat with your choice of dip (ketchup, BBQ and otherwise).

This is also good for chicken parmigiana, just use the entire cutlet instead of cutting it up into strips. Marinate the same, add some parmesan cheese to the cereal mixture, baked as normal and make sure to flip. Let it cool and crisp up, then cover with any sort of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, put it back in the oven to melt the cheese and serve with spaghetti.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by kat; Jul 13, 2006 at 02:51 AM.
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 08:11 AM #6 of 7
Originally Posted by kat
Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders. I make it because it's healthier than fried but it's really easy and pretty tasty.

Some sort of Cereal like Cornflakes or Chex (Wheat Chex is good if you want your dietary fiber)
Low Fat Buttermilk
Thin Sliced Chicken Breast Cutlets (but you can also use turkey)
Salt and Pepper

Cut the chicken into small strips. Put in a bowl and cover with the buttermilk, this will make it more tender and juicier. Let it marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.

Crush your choice of cereal in a plastic baggie into crumbs and lay it out on a plate. Drain your chicken from the buttermilk and season with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the crushed cereal, the buttermilk on the chicken will help the coating stick.

Grease a baking sheet (put some oil on a paper towel and just wipe it around). Baked at 400 degrees for ~8 minutes, depending on how thick the chicken is. I tend to flip it them halfway, just because the bottom can get soggy if the chicken is too thick. Let it sit on the sheet to cool, this will help make it crispier.

Eat with your choice of dip (ketchup, BBQ and otherwise).

This is also good for chicken parmigiana, just use the entire cutlet instead of cutting it up into strips. Marinate the same, add some parmesan cheese to the cereal mixture, baked as normal and make sure to flip. Let it cool and crisp up, then cover with any sort of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, put it back in the oven to melt the cheese and serve with spaghetti.
That's a really good idea =D

You can also make shepard's pie.
Get some ground beef, cook it in a pan, make sure its "particlely" not a giant clump. Mix in various greens such as peas, onions and chopped carrots. Season, put into a cassorole dish. Make some mashed potatoes (can be done by boiling/baking potatoes till they're soft, mashing them while adding milk, butter, salt) or buying premade. Put the mashed potatoes ontop of the beef mixture and bake.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:18 PM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 10:18 PM #7 of 7
Take a piece of pita bread. Don't open it. Put it on a baking sheet. Add pizza sauce, cheese (more is better), and toppings. Back at 375 for about 10 minutes or so until the cheese is sufficiently melty. Delicious pita-pizza.

It's cheap, low class, tastes great, and easy as shit. Exactly what a single guy who can't cook loves.

Most amazing jew boots

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Recipes using an oven