Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2013, 03:31 PM 1 #251 of 352
Watched the recent remake of Evil Dead. It was a'ight but unsurprisingly not as good as any of the original three.
Did you stay through the end credits?

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2013, 05:40 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2013, 11:40 PM #252 of 352
Watched to when it went black and started listing the cast so not to the end, no. Should I Youtube it?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:20 AM 1 #253 of 352
The effects in Addams Family Values have REALLY fucking held up, especially for Thing. You'd think folks would notice stuff like that but then we still get movies where filmmakers decide that instead of actually FILMING water, we need to ANIMATE it and that always looks wonderful.

Most amazing jew boots
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2013, 03:34 PM 1 #254 of 352
Watched to when it went black and started listing the cast so not to the end, no. Should I Youtube it?
YouTube Video

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2013, 06:59 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2013, 01:59 AM #255 of 352
YouTube Video

watch it !

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2013, 03:08 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2013, 09:08 PM #256 of 352
Haha, Bruce Campbell fucking rules.

Today I watched Immortals which is a bit of cgi-heavy, Greek mythology nonsense that isn't as good as 300 or Clash of the Titans but is better than Troy. Really dark film though, as in shot at night, rather than sinister. Maybe I'm getting old but it helps me identify with the characters when I can make out their faces.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Dec 15, 2013, 04:35 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2013, 12:35 AM #257 of 352
Weird. I saw Immortals in 3D and still had no trouble identifying who was punching who.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2013, 04:44 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2013, 02:44 PM #258 of 352
Finally joined in on the Breaking Bad wagon. Regretting getting on it; it's been near detrimental to both our progress on grading papers. lol.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2013, 03:34 AM Local time: Dec 16, 2013, 04:34 PM #259 of 352
Hey this thread is back!

I saw two movies recently.

Elysium - I watched this two times! It's that good! Good action + scifi + lotsa cool concept work + good world building + excellent use of a torus space station. I'll watch it again.

World's End - The latest movie from comedy duo Simon Peg/Nick Frost. It actually starts good, with a nice twist, and a twistier ending. Not as good as Hot Fuzz, but still enjoyable.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2013, 01:12 PM #260 of 352
The Whistleblower with Rachel Weisz was engaging enough to scare the shit out of me into traveling abroad.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2013, 06:51 PM Local time: Dec 21, 2013, 11:51 PM #261 of 352
*bracing for impact*

The Desolation of Smaug:

This film was entertaining to watch for the most part. It doesn't deserve to be called "The Hobbit" though. A review I read described it as "fan fiction" and I definitely agree. Absolutely no need for Legolas/Tauriel, or Kili/Tauriel storyline, what a joke. Bard's character alteration was less offensive but pretty much a done to death idea. The discovery of Sauron was trippy as balls and so ridiculously over the top I was almost laughing.

I enjoyed Smaug very much (though the less said about the ensuing scenes with the dwarves the better, what the hell was that), and the parts that actually featured Bilbo were also good. Thranduil, too. I was ambivalent on the inclusion of Beorn even if there was very little need.

I will go to the last one because I'm a sucker and even if it's not quite right it's still fairly enjoyable to watch film adaptations of books you love. But I am painfully aware that these films are not doing the book justice.

Gravity:

I really think I'm missing something, I must be. Everyone loves this film, every reputable source singing its praises. I found it average at best. Visually it's pretty, very pretty, but the actual story? Nah.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2014, 03:24 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2014, 09:24 PM #262 of 352
I watched Die Hard 5 or whatever the actual, ridiculous title is the other day. It's a Die Hard film so you pays your money, you takes your chance. You know it'll be full of shoot-outs and light on plot and it is. It's a shame they felt the need to over-complicate it with a CIA plot in Russia, almost trying to make it 24 or some crap as Die Hard was perfect for its simplicity. A dude in a tower block with some criminals was as much plot as the first film needed and it's a classic. The more story they introduce the more plot-holes sneak in and Die Hard 5 is positively riddled with them, so many in fact that by the time they got to Chernobyl and had a magic spray that makes radiation go away I had completely lost interest. I know you should suspend disbelief when you watch films like this by Die Hard 5 is a step too far in terms of plot holes and it just irritated me by the end.

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2014, 05:52 PM #263 of 352
Holy crap, there IS a Die Hard 5? Mannnn.

A Good Day To Die Hard - Rotten Tomatoes

Looks like I was better off NOT EVEN KNOWING about this POS movie. o.o' Is Bruno that hard up for money?

ALSO <3 your new kitties in your sig!

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2014, 09:07 PM #264 of 352
As a sign of just how long it's been since I've seen Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, I just realized that Bill's dad fucks Missy on Bill's bed at the beginning.

Minorly squicked.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:36 PM #265 of 352
The Watchmen, that ending... which do you guys prefer? The graphic novel or the movie? I've read a few reviews about the differences and some people say that the movie ending made more sense while the graphic novel suffered a delay from the last book and left everyone confused or something.

Meanwhile Ozzie doesn't remorseful in the movie while he does in the comic book and Dr Manhattan hammers it down that his awful "solution" was in reality only temporary.

Wrong, a fantastic movie by the same director who did Rubber, it about a man who lost his dog. Wrong was "wrong" in all kinds of hilarious scenarios but never mind that, I absolutely adore the pacing in this and the quirky characters. I highly recommend it for an unusual directorial setup.

Last edited by Philia; Jan 13, 2014 at 02:20 AM.
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2014, 07:24 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2014, 08:24 PM #266 of 352
Some stuff from the last few months:

Her: Thought it would be awkward, wasn't. Really natural and honest, and the use of color was awesome.
12 Years a Slave: I don't know...it's a powerful movie that I wouldn't want to watch again. Expect it'll do well at the Oscars though.
Blue Jasmine: Cate Blanchett kills it.
American Hustle: Entertaining ride, but I don't know if it has longevity.
Wolf of Wall Street: A bit too long. Wouldn't put it in the upper echelon of Scorsese movies but I enjoyed it.
Frances Ha: It's like Girls, but better.
Inside Llewyn Davis: Didn't really know what to expect going in and the subject matter seemed "meh", but it's the Coen brothers and my friend really wanted to go. Amazing soundtrack. Very atmospheric and melancholy. One of my favorites of the year.
The Act of Killing: CRAZY documentary where they basically get a former executioner in the Indonesian communist purges to recreate their experiences as a movie. It's haunting.

Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:37 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2014, 11:37 PM 1 #267 of 352
Caught Ebolung last week and stayed home watching a lot of bad things on a giant projector screen.

NIGHTHAWKS

Basically the 90's movie The Jackal with Bruce Willis but with the way-more-awesome Rutger Hauer in the 70's. Sly Stallone dressed up as his wife in every scene no matter what tense and harrowing things are happening in the story. Pretty terrible, but The Real Billy Dee Williams keeps things cool as always.

MUTANT GIRL SQUAD

Completely excellent, insane, gory Japanese comedy very much in the vein of movies like ROBO-GEISHA. Over-the top things galore that kept me laughing for most of the movie. This thing has gone straight to the top of my DRINK ON list.

Memorable quote:

"My wife is turned into French bread."

NEW MCDONALDS

Super hush hush Dave Conte recommended film screened on my B-day which is my new favorite moviething I have seen. Such a great present! Thanks Dave! This movie is being sent around to various places so it's not really out yet. A buddy of his was apart of this project that wrote, filmed, and edited a movie in 24 hours and this is the result and it is absolutely hilarious. Plot goes like this: three friends love McDonalds so much they start their own McDonalds in their apartment. That Balderdash answer of a plot is exciting enough but man does this thing deliver. I can't wait until the time comes when this thing can be shared by Sprout because it amazing and should be seen by all of you while drinking things.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2014, 02:45 PM Local time: Jan 16, 2014, 08:45 PM #268 of 352
This thing has gone straight to the top of my DRINK ON list.
I have a ton of similar looking recommendations if you want to make it a silly-jap-horror theme night. Machine Girl is particularly good, depending on your definition of good.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 16, 2014, 04:19 PM #269 of 352
Jacob's Ladder

I remember when this came out and how it intensely bothered the adults in my life. Though its unfortunately lost some of its more visceral impact (though seeing your wife get fucked-to-death on a dance floor by a tentacle monster while still pre-dating America's importing of anime is impressively... horrible), the way the movie is mashed up and told in a "which side of this is real" complex context is pretty damn impressive, even if the big finish at the end was sort of "meh".

See it if you like Silent Hill games or general mind-fuck.

Avoid it if you have a tenuous grasp on your mind or emotions.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2014, 08:18 PM #270 of 352
I finally saw District 9.

I remember there was some fuss about this movie but I avoided it for spoilers. So naturally I went over to Dave's journal to see his review/take on it. Lot of his complaints I can agree with but his comment section says otherwise. Which I find interesting and then Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie a 82% rating from the audience...

My first thought was... did we just watch the same movie? Its weird. Its like depending on what we're wanting from this movie, it'll be just that.

I don't hate it or anything, just mostly confused at the director's direction with this movie exactly. If he was doing a parallel on segregation, there can be less distractions and messy direction. Also someone counted 130 "fuck"s in this movie.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2014, 05:23 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2014, 11:23 PM 4 #271 of 352
This weekend I watched Star Trek Into Darkness and Fast and Furious 6

Star Trek I liked. It's a decent action movie with the perfect amount of references to the originals for someone like me who has watched a lot of Star Trek but was never a fan per se.

Furious 6 is easily one of the worst films I've seen in years. They lost me in the first two minutes when they expected me to believe a Dodge Charger or whatever Vin Diesel drives is could keep up with a Nissan GTR in a touge style downhill race. They lost me even more when they expected me to believe the police in London would chase a car firing a machine gun out the window at them. I know it's a movie but seeing it was mainly set in London I was hoping for an interpretation of how the British police go about catching cars, namely not chasing them en masse but simply following them in a chopper and having one car follow at a safe distance until it's safe to stop them. Also why when they need to buy some fast cars do they go to an auction, get told by the compere that they clearly aren't rich enough to shop there then somehow run his nose in it by buying a bunch of American muscle cars, the kind of things you can pick up for £30,000 or so. For that money, just go buy BMW M3's and save yourself the bother of modifying them.

Anyway the whole film is retarded.

FELIPE NO
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:47 PM #272 of 352
I saw Star Trek too (Into Darkness is queued). The movie served well for fan service alright. I don't like the kid and the car bit though, that was unnecessarily padded on.

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:27 AM #273 of 352
I dunno, I didn't mind it, considering how it's one of the few canon things that didn't get fucked up by killing Kirk's dad (who was actually ALIVE to raise him in the original universe). Not that Kirk wasn't a hellraiser, but.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2014, 04:11 PM 1 #274 of 352
The less said about the Abrams films, the better.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2014, 06:53 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2014, 12:53 PM #275 of 352
Last night we saw The Watch. It's a Ben Stiller/Vince Vaughn film so it's basically the same as all the other Ben Stiller/Vince Vaughn films! That said, it was actually pretty funny and Richard Ayoade and Jonah Hill are both much more entertaining than Vaughn and Stiller.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?