Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:18 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2014, 11:18 PM 1 #301 of 352
Its still so fucking weird that Matt is from my hometown. Glad he's getting better work though. He was in terrible rom-com phase for a while there. But yeah, I'll watch this show whenever it hits instant.
Fucking Longview.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:58 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2014, 06:58 PM #302 of 352
Watched World War Z the other day and was pleasantly surprised. It's a bit silly and would have been just as good if not better without the whole bit about Brad's family but it's an enjoyable film and some of the effects are really good. Stand out bit for me was the escape from Jerusalem and not just because of all the smug Jews getting eaten...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:49 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2014, 09:49 AM 1 #303 of 352
The Grand Budapest Hotel! <33333333
Needless to say, fantastically strong acting from everyone involved but Ralph Fiennes is a beautiful, beautiful man.

FELIPE NO
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2014, 05:15 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2014, 10:15 PM #304 of 352
I was talking with a guy at work about hilarious shit like Goosebumps and he brought up a show I'd not heard of called Eerie, Indiana, which he just so happens to own a boxset of. I'll let the opening sequence do the talking.

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2014, 07:03 PM #305 of 352
You have NO IDEA.

NO IDEA.

Content-wise, I watched Charade earlier this week. Fantastic, and I love how the movie can't decide if it wants to be retarded funny or a mystery film.

Audrey.

Hepburn.

Also dat theme tune in the whole damn movie.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:20 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2014, 06:20 PM #306 of 352
I remember Eerie Indiana, it was like Round the Twist but not quite as good.

We watched Machete Kills the other day which is a masterclass in spending a fuck load of cash to deliberately make a low budget movie. I love Robert Rodriguez films and where Tarantino takes himself far too fucking seriously and manages to accidentally make one good film for every three or four he releases, Rodriguez films are all incredibly tongue in cheek and hilarious which I guess is why so many big names queue up to be in them. If you liked Terror Planet you'll like this, if you didn't like Terror Planet you're an idiot.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2014, 08:44 AM 1 #307 of 352
Grand Budapest Hotel

I went into this movie knowing nothing about the plot or characters aside from the movies name and that Wes Anderson is the director. I enjoyed the film immensely. Gorgeous visuals, amazing camera work, and wonderful dialogue. Wes Anderson's sense of humor can sometimes be hit or miss, but it was spot-on this time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2014, 01:41 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2014, 06:41 PM #308 of 352
Aaaah Round the Twist! I remember enjoying it but little else about it, wanted to revisit that.

Jumping on the True Detective train, woo woo. Holy shit what a great show. The soundtrack is amazing too, working my way through it since I just finished the last episode.

Last night watched The Grey. I wasn't impressed to be honest. Liam Neeson is a good actor but the moment the wolves came into it, the whole film just annoyed me. Wolves do not act like that at all! Zoology nerdery ruining my film experience, but to be honest I though the script was 90% piss poor anyway.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2014, 01:47 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2014, 07:47 PM #309 of 352
The Grey is dumb, Liam Neeson should know better by now.

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:39 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2014, 05:39 PM #310 of 352
We just watched Olympus has Fallen. It's about the bad guy from Fast and Furious 2 leading a team of terrorists to attack the White House and capture the president leaving only Gerard Butler able to save everyone and avert the end of the world as we know it.

It's an ok action film but suffers from a completely implausible plot. I know you 'Merkins love your president but I suspect even you guys wouldn't sacrifice all of South Korea to keep him alive. It's all a bit AMERICA FUCK YEAH which is kinda surprising as Butler was one of the producers himself and you might have thought he would try to swerve all that horrific flag waving the US is so fond of but sadly no.

Anyway, there are better action films out there, better Gerard Butler films out there and better ways to spend the couple of hours or so I spent watching this. The bit where Washington is getting shot up by miniguns is pretty epic though and there's a lot for movie mistakes fans to keep an eye out for!

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2014, 01:27 PM 1 #311 of 352
So, I watched Annie Hall. The movie is fuckin-a incredible. It also makes me want to slap Lena Dunham for going nuts when she was called this generation's Woody Allen. Learn to take a fucking compliment, bitch. When your hallmark is comedy with exceedingly realistic dialogue? Yeah, focus on the squickiness of the creator instead of his work WHICH IS WHAT THE COMPARISON IS FOR.

If I couldn't separate the person from the art, I wouldn't enjoy Wagner, what with him being a thoroughly awful human being, much less this fantastic fantastic romantic comedy. Also, Family Guy cribs wholesale from the movie A LOT.

A LOT. Probably more than any other single source.

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2014, 02:32 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2014, 09:32 PM #312 of 352
Now watch Radio Days.

And Manhattan I GUESS

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2014, 02:42 PM 1 #313 of 352
You're using "it's a major inspiration for Family Guy" as an item in the PLUS column?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2014, 04:54 PM #314 of 352
No, I'm mostly just pointing it out. I probably could have worded it better. Still. Great fucking film. Yay for Best Picture comedies!

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2014, 03:27 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2014, 04:27 PM #315 of 352
Huh. I just realized that I haven't watched a movie for a few weeks now.

nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2014, 11:30 PM Local time: May 19, 2014, 12:30 AM 1 #316 of 352
Watched Under The Skin tonight. It was pretty intense and unsettling. Not sure what to think, but it's definitely lingering in my mind. I think the theater collectively let out a breath when it was over. If you've ever thought "They need to make a really creepy and disorienting movie where Scarlett Johansson is a naked alien that preys on the thirsty men of Scotland," well, this is the movie for you. The score was excellent, although again, unnerving.

YouTube Video

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2014, 02:52 PM Local time: May 19, 2014, 08:52 PM #317 of 352
I haven't watched a film for ages. Last one was Anchorman 2. It was funny but not a patch on the first one.

Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2014, 11:17 AM Local time: May 25, 2014, 04:17 PM #318 of 352
Godzilla (2014)

Spoiler:

Urgh.

URGH.

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:00 PM 1 #319 of 352
Bernard Black, I felt the same way about Godzilla (2014).

Got caught up on the recent DC Animated Universe movies The Dark Knight Returns Park 2 (2014) and The Son of Batman (2014). I have to say, I really love what DC is doing with their animated movies and these two installments are no exceptions. Slick animation and reverence for the source material that is pretty far along in the Batman timeline (especially Son of Batman).

Also watching a bunch of TV shows, too: Boondocks season 4, Game of Thrones season 4, Madmen season 7, Louie season 4.

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2014, 06:05 PM #320 of 352
Frozen.

Yes.

Near the end, there's a shot so fantastically composed, it's classical in its art. It involves a sweeping dress, for those of y'all what haven't seen.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2014, 05:34 PM #321 of 352
Muppets Most Wanted is a much better movie than the last, mostly because it's actually a Muppet movie, and not a Jason Siegel/Amy Adams vehicle that has Muppets in it. Don't get me wrong, I like both of them, but. The bit with Penelope Cruz was so reminiscent of The Muppet Show, it hurt.

Most amazing jew boots
Silv

Member 8081

Level 5.27

Jun 2006

Old Jul 7, 2014, 08:54 AM Local time: Jul 7, 2014, 02:54 PM #322 of 352
"Devil's Advocate" the other night, always an easy way to pass the time. Can't not like the cheesy dialogue and acting from Al Pacino... he's a fan of man! (apparently)

"Non-nerdish people are BORING. It's all babies and shoes and kids and cricket."
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2014, 09:58 AM 1 #323 of 352
Prisoners was likely the most disturbing suspense movie I've seen since Seven. Loved every frame but its definitely not for people who have kids of their own.

I saw Jodorowsky's Dune which was truly mind-blowing. The guy has more charisma than anyone I've ever heard; his ideas are so outlandish and extravagant, I had a hard time processing some of it. Highly recommended if you think you're a creative type or an artist.

Batman turned 25 this year, so I had another go with that. Still a lot of fun, still infinitely superior to the Nolan films.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2014, 10:49 AM #324 of 352
Oooh, queuing Prisoners. Thanks for the mention!

I have to look up what I've watched recently on Netflix shipping activity. I forgot to rate several too. That should tell you that I've not watched anything that mind blowing yet.

I did see the following though to make an mention in here.

Despicable Me
, cute, not too crazy but its cute.

21 Jump Street, lmao, I've not seen the show that Depp was in, but this movie is a great follow-up on that I think. It gets even better when you have a surprise guest star in it. James and I enjoyed this, and Jonah Hill definitely slim(shady) down in this movie lol.

The Raid: Redemption
- James told me that this was recommended all over on GAF regarding martial arts movies to watch for. Reviews weren't kidding, this is the best hard hitting martial arts I've seen recently. (Bruce Lee movies still reigns king.) What threw me off was that this movie was made in Indonesia, which is neat addition of foreign movies I've seen. The poster didn't seem to indicate that at all, and that's a good thing. Usually foreign posters were terribad.

How ya doing, buddy?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2014, 06:00 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2014, 12:00 AM #325 of 352
So it turns out White House Down is fucking terrible, not sure why I thought it wouldn't be really.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?