Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Is it just me or has KFC got really bad recently?

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:14 PM #1 of 56
Is it just me or has KFC got really bad recently?

I remember I used to love KFC, mainly their chicken strips. But lately whenever I got there the chicken is usually dried out or if I get a sandwhich the bread is stale beyond belief. Aside from that those snackers are a joke, they advertise it as a breast of chicken but they just put a chicken strip in a bun with a few scraps of lettuce. To top it off I used to love their Triple Crunch sandwhichs but they recently decided it was a good idea to remove one of the chicken strips, raise the price 20 cents, and call it a Double Crunch. I swear Colonel Sanders must be rolling in his grave.

Anyone else notice this or any other fast food places that have gone down hill recently?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 01:43 PM #2 of 56
I liked when they had cheesy wedges...OMG, so delicious. I actually like the snacker, especially the buffalo variety. But fast food is disgusting, so when I do eat it, my choice is rarely KFC.

My town used to have a Bojangles, which absolutely put KFC to shame. It had to close down though...Bojangles can apparently only sustain itself in the South. =(

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:30 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 08:30 PM #3 of 56
I only noticed their fries started tasting really rubbish, all soggy like - so I save them to give to the local tramp. Who, incidentally, uses the KFC toilets to have a wash.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:30 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:30 AM #4 of 56
Recently? Sir, KFC has always sucked. The chicken pot pies used to be okay at best, but I can't remember a time I or anyone I know has said "Hey! Let's get some KFC! They have such good food! ::salivate::"

Popeye's ftw.

How ya doing, buddy?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:47 PM #5 of 56
Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki
Don't you niggers know Popeyes is where to go? You only have to be black enough to walk into one. Like I am.
I've never seen a Popeyes around here. The only other chicken place around here is Chicken Shack and that place sucks too. I'm also not black just for the record.

Originally Posted by WolfDemon
Recently? Sir, KFC has always sucked. The chicken pot pies used to be okay at best, but I can't remember a time I or anyone I know has said "Hey! Let's get some KFC! They have such good food! ::salivate::"
Let me rephrased that then, they went from having acceptable food to having products that are pretty much saying "Screw you" to their customers and having food quality alot of times that makes you say "How is this not a health violation?"

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by DarkMageOzzie; Apr 26, 2006 at 02:53 PM.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:50 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 02:50 PM #6 of 56
I've noticed a strange taste in KFC chicken lately. It something weird. Maybe they finally started injecting hormones in their chickens to get better results.

Anyways, I see this as well. They just aren't making quality food. (Yes, they did at a time). Popeyes is the only place worthy of eating chicken now...too bad their chicken is so small it's like you're barely eating.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 03:04 PM #7 of 56
What do you 'spect of conveyor belt chicken then assembled into various meals at conveyor belt restaurants where employees are clocked on how fast they can make a meal.

Shit is gross, son.

edit: grammar

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Eleo; Apr 26, 2006 at 10:03 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 01:16 PM #8 of 56
If anyone has an Acme supermarket near them, their fried chicken is actually really good. Especially on whatever day they run their special where you get a bucket of chicken, bag of rolls, and two decent sized sides for $8. Beats what any fast food place can do since usually once you're in the store you wind up spending money elsewhere anyway.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 01:31 PM #9 of 56
I hardly go to KFC since there doesn't seem to be one in my area. Popeye's is rather popular here, and I prefer the chicken and selection anyway.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:51 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 03:51 PM #10 of 56
Man, where I live, we have Popeye's, KFC, and Church's chicken. And those places stay packed during lunch and dinner, especially on the weekends. I don't really care for any of those though, since I like chicken strips a lot better than standard fried chicken on bones and whatnot. The best chicken strips come from Chick-Fil-A, Arbys, and Guthries/Zaxbys. I don't if Guthries and Zaxbys is just a regional outfit only found in the southeast, but they basically serve ONLY chicken strips and fries. And employ attractive young ladies. It is good stuff.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 04:57 PM #11 of 56
Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki
Don't you niggers know Popeyes is where to go? You only have to be black enough to walk into one. Like I am.
But...I'm a cracker. =/

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:10 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 05:10 PM #12 of 56
KFC is very hit-or-miss. For my fries & chicken, I frequence Long John Silvers. OMG party in my mouth <3 Or Chick-Fil-A. Although, I haven't been there in ages ;( I really should go... Maybe tonite!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Watashi_Baka_Da
Banned

Member 5204

Level 6.34

Apr 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 04:16 PM #13 of 56
Popeyes is certainly the best, but I understand where you are coming from.

The chickens they used to have with 3 legs were so much better.
I like there mashed potatoes and the occasional popcorn chicken, but yeah it has gone down hill for KFC.

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 05:50 PM #14 of 56
I'd rather eat KFC than Popeye's. The breading on Popeye's chicken tastes like shit.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:55 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 08:55 PM #15 of 56
KFC has gotten sloppy and lazy in almost every one of their procedures. I don't get cold chicken, but hell I'd prefer it to chewy, dried out chicken. Their sides are all awful, and usually are tossed in haphazardly so that you're sure never to get the same amount twice, and they're definitely overpriced for the kind of service you get.

I know for a fact the one near my house is like that because it's a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combination place, which is basically one of the worst ideas ever.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 09:46 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 08:46 PM #16 of 56
Originally Posted by Skexis
I know for a fact the one near my house is like that because it's a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combination place, which is basically one of the worst ideas ever.
No kidding. We ordered something from both Taco Bell and KFC, and they only gave us half our order. When we told the lady at the counter, she told one of the guys working in the back about it, and he said "That's there side", and pointed towards the KFC side.

I don't care which fucking side is supposed to get the food, they should just get the order right. What's the point of being together if you can't even coordinate?

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:05 PM #17 of 56
There's something definitely wrong about hybrid fast food joints. I don't like conglomerates to actually present themselves; I guess I'd rather imagine that perhaps that each fast food restaurant at which I eat is separate But it is not the case!

Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:19 PM #18 of 56
KFC has been horrible for awhile. The last time I was there (about two years ago), my chicken strips weren't even cooked all the way. They were still quite pink in the middle. On top of that, their food is way too greasy. The only time you can even bother getting decent tasting food from them is to ask for everything to be freshly cooked. If the KFCs around you are anything like the one around me, that food will be sitting out there all day just about.

I used to love their potato wedges, mac & cheese, mashies, and biscuits. Now I don't eat any of it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:15 PM #19 of 56
I have a friend who lives in Kentucky who just ate at a KFC there. She claims that it's not as good as it used to be, but that it's not nearly as horrible as other places. Maybe it's because that's where KFC originally started? I'm not exactly KFC's biggest fan, and I love Popeye's when I went there once and we paid for one breakfast biscuit and drink each, but it turned out that we paid the single price but they accidentally gave us double the food.

I have yet to find another Popeye's, but if I do I would definitely go there.

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:28 PM #20 of 56
You're not the only one. Recently, their chicken have been pretty...dry. Now, I just go there for their side-dishes.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 08:18 PM #21 of 56
If the chicken you're eating from KFC tastes strange... it might just be rabbit.

Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Apr 29, 2006, 10:32 PM #22 of 56
I live in Kentucky, and the last time I ate at KFC, the food was still pretty good. But I didn't even know they'd gotten rid of the Triple Crunch sandwich, so yeah, it's been awhile.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:06 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 06:06 PM #23 of 56
KFC gets worse every year, it's destiny.

"Hey how about we jack up the price of everything?"
"Again?"
"You know it!"

"I'd like eight chicken nuggets, thanks"
"That comes to twenty six dollars, okay"
"No"

How ya doing, buddy?
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:24 AM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 03:24 AM #24 of 56
Originally Posted by Locke
If the chicken you're eating from KFC tastes strange... it might just be rabbit.
No! It's Hormones I tell you.

Everytime I eat at KFC, I think of how the chickens were probably injected with hormones so the chicken you're eating could be so big.

It's very saddening ;_;

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:57 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2006, 10:57 AM #25 of 56
I agree with the first post. KFC's chicken quality has definitely gone down over the years. Their potato wedges are still good though; so are their generic biscuits, but I just love biscuits.

Popeye's is indeed where it's at. They've got even awesomer fries and awesomer biscuits. <3.

Cluc-U Chicken is pretty good, too; but I haven't had that in a while.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Is it just me or has KFC got really bad recently?