Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What do you think of interracial couples?

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2006, 11:43 PM #126 of 210
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I can think of many, many more, but I figured that was enough to get my point across.
And what was your point, that black people walk this way and white people walk this way? We've seen Chris Rock, we already know that. No one cares if you want to open your maw somewhere, but we're really just talking about how cultural differences between races in the same location can hinder a relationship. I don't know how c-walking will do this, but then again, I don't hate New Orleans or baby inuits.

Quote:
But don't pretend that there aren't cultural differences between people of different races, because that's just silly.
See SCHNEE-5 and Yamamanama for further details. The differences are so minute, unless if you live in a pretty segregated community or something, which I guess you would.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
You ever heard of the phrase "Correlation does not imply causation?" If you haven't, don't worry about it, because it doesn't really apply here. What applies here I think is "Dumbfuck statisitics mean shit."

[...]

You have a pretty narrow view of personality if all you can see relating to that aspect of culture in what me & alice posted was Mexican loyalty.
I'm sorry I melted your mind.

Wait, I'm lying.

fucking CAR WORSHIP as something whites don't participate in in America

I mean jesus

Bush The Untouchable's popularity ratings only started going down when gas prices started going up at the pump, must be a lot of irate blackicans out there :bobofrowny:

oh, now I get it

that's why the illegal immigrants are being rounded up now

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Sarag; May 18, 2006 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
SMX
Chocobo

Member 103

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 11:41 AM #127 of 210
Here are some differences between black people and white people in my area:

- Black people go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays and stay there for a loooong time. White people stay at church for two hours, and that includes sunday school.

- Black people eat different types of food. They favor fattier, less healthy foods than white people. They even cook their vegetables with a lot more unhealthy stuff like bacon grease. It's tasty as hell, but this would explain the reason why there's a lot more heart disease among blacks.

- Black people place a lot of emphasis on their cars. Around my area, affluent blacks are a rarity. It's also quite rare that a black family will live outside a certain area of town (probably because of financial restrictions). Hence, in my town, there's a community called "Springfield" where most of the black folks live. You can rest assured that outside every shanty of a house there is a Mercedes or a Hummer or a huge Cadillac or a BMW. Also, they keep their cars cleaner.

- Black people (as a general rule) do not tip very well and will run your ass into the ground asking for stuff. I worked as a server for several years and I promise you that no one wanted to wait on them. Black women in particular are extremely demanding and tend to look at you as if you have shit on your face. I used to bend over backward to prove to my co-workers that this was not a cultural difference (because this was when I was younger and not so jaded and cynical about people),and that they tipped differently because they were TREATED differently, but I finally gave up trying. Even the black servers didn't want to wait on black people.

- White people are not as interested in sports as a group as black people...again, in my area. The black people here are ALL ABOUT sports of any kind.

- White people are always in a rush to get somewhere. They're always zipping around from place to place. Black people know how to chill. I drive through that Springfield area I mentioned earlier every day and I always see them sitting outside on their porches at night and walking over to their neighbors' houses. I never see white people doing that...well, except for old white people.

- Black people walk if they don't have far to go. I always see them walking down the road. White people will get in their cars and drive down to the mailbox to avoid having to walk anywhere.

There are more, but I think this is enough to illustrate my point. I already hold the title of Racist Queen around here, so I figured I might as well call it like I see it.
Alice, I'm curious, how many black people have you honest to god became very close with outside of the internet as the only communication medium? Not in a sexual way either, but in a way that far exceeds casual acquaintanceship?

FELIPE NO
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 12:11 AM #128 of 210
That's true, which is why I probably would not marry or seriously date someone from another country. I don't care what color their skin is.
So many exciting things Alice has just absolutely sworn off doing. I'd take niki over, say, Minion anyday, but maybe that's just me. =p

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
PS2
Carob Nut

Member 5480

Level 5.27

Apr 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 06:12 PM #129 of 210
A Luker:

From AliceNWondrland's post he stated this was in regards to his area. You're basically trying to give an argument on existence when there may not even be an individual in his area that doesn't satisfy his criteria above. I'm not saying that the chances of him being correct are 100%, but you cannot say that he is stereotyping in regards to his area if you do not live there. If his remarks were relative to the whole African American and Caucasian race, then I would certainly believe you since his criteria has been disproven many of times. To imply, however, that its a true fact for every sample of the african american and white population is something that I don't think many of people would find convincing.

As far as interracial dating goes,

If two human beings from a particular race can reproduce offspring, then nature tells us that nothing is wrong with it for anyone. However, human culture is another story and many families of many cultures are not fond of interracial dating.

I personally date women of all races. Human is human, and that is the bottomline for me.

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:46 PM #130 of 210
Originally Posted by PS2
A Luker:

From AliceNWondrland's post he stated this was in regards to his area. You're basically trying to give an argument on existence when there may not even be an individual in his area that doesn't satisfy his criteria above. I'm not saying that the chances of him being correct are 100%, but you cannot say that he is stereotyping in regards to his area if you do not live there. If his remarks were relative to the whole African American and Caucasian race, then I would certainly believe you since his criteria has been disproven many of times. To imply, however, that its a true fact for every sample of the african american and white population is something that I don't think many of people would find convincing.
Do you reckon the whites in his area don't fellate cars?

What's wrong with saying "I don't think either of you are entirely right, but neither of you are entirely wrong either"? Not intellectual enough?

also: alice is a dude

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alai
Exobiologist

Member 5523

Level 8.23

Apr 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: May 27, 2006, 01:05 PM #131 of 210
On topic, I have no problem with interracial couples. Despite from some of the difficulties that may arise culturally with the family, I think there are many positive attributes to interracial dating.

I am in an interracial relationship. I am caucasian, and my girlfriend is Korean. I love her more than I can say, but the two of us are having a hard time because her parents are not happy with the idea of her dating me. She says they like me, just not the fact that I am white and that they see problems for us down the road and would rather us end it now rather than facing problems later. (I have met them by-the-way) Unfortunately, they are very traditional and do not put much weight in her decisions, they feel that they should make the decision for her.

Because we are a great distance from each other for the summer, and the fact that it is very difficult for us to communicate, our relationship is stressed right now, especially for her. She has a difficult time because she is trapped at home with her born-in-Korea parents jamming their views down her throat.

I would say our relationship is great when we are alone, and we both love each other, but the external pressure her family puts on her really stresses our relationship when they are involved. I am trying my best to help her make it through this, because I really don't want to lose her. But despite these problems, I think interracial dating is just fine, and I have learned alot about Korean culture from her. I am learning the language as well. : )

Most amazing jew boots
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 05:31 PM #132 of 210
Originally Posted by Alai
they see problems for us down the road and would rather us end it now rather than facing problems later.
See, this is bullshit. A lot of people seem to be comfortable saying that there will be un-named problems due to cultural/racial differences, but how many are willing to actually list these?

"There are or will be problems due to cultural differences."
"Oh, well, what are they so that we can plan for and face these issues?"
"Can't tell you. Just trust me, BIG problems."

Oh, except for the already listed desire for fried chicken and cars. I mean, who wouldn't see irreconcilable differences in how to eat chicken?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 03:40 AM #133 of 210
Originally Posted by Alai
On topic, I have no problem with interracial couples. Despite from some of the difficulties that may arise culturally with the family, I think there are many positive attributes to interracial dating.

I am in an interracial relationship. I am caucasian, and my girlfriend is Korean. I love her more than I can say, but the two of us are having a hard time because her parents are not happy with the idea of her dating me. She says they like me, just not the fact that I am white and that they see problems for us down the road and would rather us end it now rather than facing problems later. (I have met them by-the-way) Unfortunately, they are very traditional and do not put much weight in her decisions, they feel that they should make the decision for her.

Because we are a great distance from each other for the summer, and the fact that it is very difficult for us to communicate, our relationship is stressed right now, especially for her. She has a difficult time because she is trapped at home with her born-in-Korea parents jamming their views down her throat.

I would say our relationship is great when we are alone, and we both love each other, but the external pressure her family puts on her really stresses our relationship when they are involved. I am trying my best to help her make it through this, because I really don't want to lose her. But despite these problems, I think interracial dating is just fine, and I have learned alot about Korean culture from her. I am learning the language as well. : )
That has more to do with her families country of origin than her race. Many countries frown upon dating/marriage outside of their own kind (particularly the older generations). The Finnish for example want their children (at least the families I have met) to marry another Finnish person, it is looked down upon to marry outside of their little white gene pool. The people of Iraq are another example of this, interracial marriage is almost unheard of there. If you go to any country were there are very few minorities this will more than likely be the case.

However this is America, one big melting pot. If you feel that you can't be with someone because their "culture" is different than yours I suggest that you expect to be alone for a long fucking time. There are cultural difference just between the different states, (i.e. down south, up north, east coast, west coast). If this shit bothers you then you go back to marrying your cousins.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
naturally_tipsy
the Countess of Monte Cristo

Member 1730

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 01:05 AM #134 of 210
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
Mexicans in general just have waaaay more respect for their families than white people do.
You've never met a true Italian, have you?

This thread is extremely interesting to me because nearly every single person posting to it is one hundred percent supportive of interracial relationships, but my entire town (everyone within a five mile radius, about) is passionately opposed to it. My neighborhood is completely white. The surrounding area, however, is Queens, New York, and you don't really find more of a mixture of races and cultures anywhere else.

I am personally not opposed to interracial couples. Three years ago, when it was much less common, I might have stared for a minute, but nowadays they're so commonplace that it doesn't phase me at all. I was, however, raised in a very narrow-minded white neighborhood. in a tight-knit family with old-fashioned values - purity being a very important one. In short, if I ever fell in love with someone who wasn't white, my father and grandfather probably wouldn't show up to the wedding. Because of the repercussion I'd suffer with the family, and the value I've come to place on cultural integrity (in my case, Italian) in America, I cannot see myself, personally, in a relationship with someone from another race, but I have no problem with people who can. Kudos to them for jumping over the social barriers and finding happiness.

"I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

--CS Lewis

Last edited by naturally_tipsy; May 31, 2006 at 01:07 AM.
PUG1911

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:21 AM #135 of 210
Originally Posted by naturally_tipsy
It's amazing how the other Italians think they are Italian, with or without your respect.

This thread is extremely interesting to me because nearly every single person posting to it is one hundred percent supportive of interracial relationships, but my entire town (everyone within a five mile radius, about) is passionately opposed to it. My neighborhood is completely white. The surrounding area, however, is Queens, New York, and you don't really find more of a mixture of races and cultures anywhere else.

I am personally not opposed to interracial couples. Three years ago, when it was much less common, I might have stared for a minute, but nowadays they're so commonplace that it doesn't phase me at all. I was, however, raised in a very narrow-minded white neighborhood. in a tight-knit family with old-fashioned values - purity being a very important one. In short, if I ever fell in love with someone who wasn't white, my father and grandfather probably wouldn't show up to the wedding. Because of the repercussion I'd suffer with the family, and the value I've come to place on cultural integrity (in my case, Italian) in America, I cannot see myself, personally, in a relationship with someone from another race, but I have no problem with people who can. Kudos to them for jumping over the social barriers and finding happiness.
3 years? I find it pretty interesting that New York has only recently seen an increase in such relationships. It's been common as dirt in my nearest city for a very long time. Are you sure it's not just that you are seeing more of the world, or at least noticing things more for what they are rather then the stories you were fed from a racist upbringing?

FELIPE NO
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:40 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 08:40 AM #136 of 210
Coming from a traditional southern black family, my background is very old school and this bothers me somewhat considering I'm something of the odd man out among family members. So things that were once considered taboo by them I dont really blink an eye at. A good example of this:

just the other day my mother called me a week or so ago and said on the phone something to the effect "Did you know that your cousin was pregnant by some white man that she's been dating who works in a grocery store?" the tone of voice when she asked this question was something of awkward revolt, shock, and morbid curiosity as if the girl had just had sex with a string of men all at once and suddenly became pregnant with a cluster of mixed babies.

i casually replied that it didnt shock me as both her and her sister have always had the hots for white guys since high school. So i just shrugged it off. this simply garnered a response of "oh" and the conversation ended there.

I dont really have any qualms at all about dating outside my race. Its my family's views that ultimately would turn it into a 3 ring circus though which is actually somewhat depressing.

How ya doing, buddy?
naturally_tipsy

Member 1730

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 11:27 AM #137 of 210
Originally Posted by PUG1911
3 years? I find it pretty interesting that New York has only recently seen an increase in such relationships. It's been common as dirt in my nearest city for a very long time. Are you sure it's not just that you are seeing more of the world, or at least noticing things more for what they are rather then the stories you were fed from a racist upbringing?
The estimate of three years was inaccurate, please pardon my poor perception of time. I went to a high school of which the population was around 20% white, and I've had plenty of exposure.

There's a difference between "racist" and "not seeking an interracial relationship." If I were racist, my best friends wouldn't be Indian and Japanese. Which they are. True, I was brought up in a household/town where interracial marriage is strongly discouraged, but compared to the people I was raised around, I am pretty open-minded. When you grow up in such a strict environment, though, it takes a while for your values to change, and I've made some progress in the past few years. Five years from now I might be eating my words and dating somebody of a different race, regardless of what my family thinks. But this is where I stand right now. I currently like my family enough to stick to white guys.

As far as purity is concerned, I think I put out the wrong idea on why/how much I care about it. A) I don't have anything against people of mixed races, and B) I don't mean to say "if you're not white then you're no good." If I sounded that way, I apologize. All I was trying to say was that if your family has maintained a pure lineage since coming to America, no matter where you came from - be it Japan, India, Africa, Mexico, etc. - then go you. That's cool just because it's so rare in this country nowadays. It's not so much a value, like I misphrased it, but rather, a simple feature that would be fun to keep if you could.

Now to sum up. I am not against interracial relationships. I am not racist. I just know it would be very hard to make one work out in my personal life, because of all the problems it would cause later.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

--CS Lewis

Last edited by naturally_tipsy; May 31, 2006 at 11:39 AM.
nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 02:44 PM #138 of 210
Out of curiousity, are you equating "true" Italian with being involved in the mob?

PUG1911

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 04:51 PM #139 of 210
Never said you were racist. Just that you come from a racist upbringing. The views you expressed I took to be those of your neighbourhood/family.

Originally Posted by Natually_Tipsy
There's a difference between "racist" and "not seeking an interracial relationship."
Indeed there is. Just as there is a difference between discouraging a thing, not choosing to partake in said thing. If your neighbourhood discourages it, that is racist.

You also bring up the 'white' race issue again. I mean, Italians can be quite different than say, Germans, etc. Would your neighbourhood take issue with these relationships, or only those where it is a non-white involved? What about dark skinned Italians with light skinned Italians?

Double Post:
Originally Posted by nadienne
Out of curiousity, are you equating "true" Italian with being involved in the mob?
What has she ever done to warrant such disrespect?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by PUG1911; May 31, 2006 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
naturally_tipsy

Member 1730

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 06:56 PM #140 of 210
Originally Posted by nadienne
Ha. No.

Indeed there is. Just as there is a difference between discouraging a thing, not choosing to partake in said thing. If your neighbourhood discourages it, that is racist.
Well, that's definitely the attitude of the neighborhood in general. They can be pretty disgusting.

You also bring up the 'white' race issue again. I mean, Italians can be quite different than say, Germans, etc. Would your neighbourhood take issue with these relationships, or only those where it is a non-white involved? What about dark skinned Italians with light skinned Italians?
They pretty much draw the line at non-white.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

--CS Lewis
TigerRaptorFX

Member 7749

Level 5.11

May 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:27 PM #141 of 210
Originally Posted by Dullenplain
You'd think society would have gotten over this racial barrier thing, but some still have problems with interracial relationships.

Personally I see no problem with it as long as it is a loving relationship and not some sort of bizarre racial fetish.
I agree with you. People need to stop worrying about others do and who they date or marry. Complaining about it won't stop it or slow it down.

Last edited by TigerRaptorFX; May 31, 2006 at 09:32 PM.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 03:09 AM #142 of 210
I don't mind at all, if more than likely I encourage it . Love is love and thats what kept ya together right? If parents get in the way, then don't let them deterr who you really love.

Last edited by CLOudkiller; Jun 1, 2006 at 03:11 AM.
Sian
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 377

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2006, 11:21 PM #143 of 210
My friend was going out with a black guy for a while. She got shit off all of his friends when she tried to be with him and get to know his friends. She even told me people looked at them in disgust when they walked down the street together, I just find that sickening. I don't mind interracial couples whatsoever, people are people no matter what colour their skin is.

How ya doing, buddy?
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 11:26 AM #144 of 210
They are fine by me

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
werepandamike
Chocohobo

Member 4106

Level 4.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 09:41 PM #145 of 210
I don't see any problem with it. Besides, I thought people would be over it by now; now everyone's up in arms about gay couples (something else that I have no problem with).
Why the hell do people insist on making other people's relationships their business? And why not focus on other aspects, i.e. is this person nice or a bitch? Personality is way more important than race.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Safer Serge
preparing myself to take over the world

Member 800

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 03:25 AM #146 of 210
Racism is a stupid thing that only stupid people have inside their peanut-sized brains... Okay, a white guy dates a black girl or vice-versa... so what? The color of the skin is different, so what???? We're all the same, dammit!

When you fall in love with someone, you don't fall in love with him/her because of the color of the skin... you fall in love with the person as a whole. His/her ethnical origins really does not matter...

Serious atrocities have been commited throughout human History because of racial discrimination... nazism, African apartheid, US apartheid... can't we learn from the mistakes of the past?

Quoting my great-grandfather (rest in peace, man...): "Racial discrimination is a serious lack of intelligence."

Last edited by Safer Serge; Jun 8, 2006 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
wolfio
Fritz the Cat

Member 8300

Level 1.02

Jun 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:34 PM #147 of 210
open dialog is always the promise of understanding

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:39 PM #148 of 210
I think that inter-racial couples tend to be awfully serious about the fact that they're inter-racial. I think that it would be nice to be able to stare without having a ton of angry people jump down my throat about being intolerant. Maybe they just looked neat.

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:59 PM #149 of 210
Less intolerant and more rude, don't you agree?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 10:04 PM #150 of 210
Originally Posted by a lurker
Less intolerant and more rude, don't you agree?

More apt: I see what you did there.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > What do you think of interracial couples?