Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Veronica Mars season 3: The best show that you might not be watching yet

ArchesFan
And for my next trick....he'll confess.

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:36 AM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 11:36 AM #51 of 74
Oh forgot to mention, LoVe as boyfriend/girlfriend is actually over for awhile to make way for Pizonica. Logan and Veronica will remain friends and according to Michael Ausiello, he's going to ask permission from her before "shtupping" one of her best friends. We can obviously guess that it won't be Mac.......so Logan is going after Parker?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
You will be missed for a long time.
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 05:12 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 04:12 PM #52 of 74
Oh forgot to mention, LoVe as boyfriend/girlfriend is actually over for awhile to make way for Pizonica. Logan and Veronica will remain friends and according to Michael Ausiello, he's going to ask permission from her before "shtupping" one of her best friends. We can obviously guess that it won't be Mac.......so Logan is going after Parker?
Uh-oh. Is Rob Thomas finally gonna give the HoYay fans what they want? Logan and Weevil. Together at last. Quote me on this.

Actually, don't.

LoVe (or the prospect of it) had me all over the spoilers last season. Now, though, I'm more-or-less indifferent. The drama the writers create... seriously, they're gonna run out of people for Logan to sleep with sooner or later.

Piz is fine, I suppose. I don't see why Veronica always has to be dating someone, but I can deal. However, Parker is a walking cliche. And I think her significance as a character fizzled once the rape case was solved. That sounds mean, but frankly, she's not interesting.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:34 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 11:34 PM #53 of 74
Lol, the most far-fetched combination was the HoYay one. Anyway, I agree, he's gonna run out of people to "shtup" and admit it to Veronica sometime soon. And I agree, Veronica needs to just stop dating for awhile. I only liked her with Leo as I've stated before and she had to get him fired! Btw, isn't there a character named Wallace in this show? I can't quite remember because I think he's dissappeared or something *exaggeration*. Apparently there's going to be a mystery-of-the-week with him involved so hopefully we'll see him again.

Anyway, I kind of agree about Parker. They made her kind of unique and then after the rape was solved, they just kind of blended her in with the furniture so-to-speak.

All this Veronica talk makes me want to have a VM DVD Marathon this weekend.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:00 PM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 08:00 PM #54 of 74
Oh my. That episode was crazy. I never thought he would actually die. Well, there's a new sheriff in town. =p

Next episode looks intense, and the season will finally pick up with the awesomeness. I wonder how it will play out given the professor's background and all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:59 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 07:59 PM #55 of 74
Ahhh, I feel kind of mixed about Lamb dying. He was a huge jerk, but even Veronica and Keith wouldn't want him to actually die. The new shift in power is going to be very interesting. Now Keith has the authority to do a lot more.

I just want to know who bugged the professor, unless I totally didn't listen and they revealed it in the episode. I think it might have been Vinnie or Tim.

Most amazing jew boots
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:10 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 01:10 AM #56 of 74
Ahhh, I feel kind of mixed about Lamb dying. He was a huge jerk, but even Veronica and Keith wouldn't want him to actually die. The new shift in power is going to be very interesting. Now Keith has the authority to do a lot more.

I just want to know who bugged the professor, unless I totally didn't listen and they revealed it in the episode. I think it might have been Vinnie or Tim.
Lamb's character turned into something so one-note that I don't think I'll miss his absence. I will, however, mourn Michael Muhney's wasted potential.

Remember that scene, in season 2, where Lamb went into Meg's family's house and discovered the hidden room in the closet? He then alluded to being abused by his father as a child. That's, like, the only character development they ever gave Lamb. The rest of the time he just played a crappy foil to the Mars' plans. A pity.

Oh, and I don't like Keith in sherrif garb. Just my opinion.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:22 AM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 12:22 AM #57 of 74
The more I look at Lamb, the more I kind of miss him. He was snide and crude and mean and corrupt at times, but in the end (not particularly his literal end) he would end up willing himself to give a little leeway to Keith, though there was the added bonus that if he did find anything in a case, he would end up getting credit for it.

I think although Lamb was underdeveloped (I agree with the Meg storyline and it just dissappeared....there was something about that story that the character seemed to take a little further than a police officer would.), he was a good character. He wasn't a villain. Aaron Echolls was a villain. Cassidy "Beaver" was a villain. Lamb wasn't. He did his job, though it was sloppy at times, but he was only as corrupt as the city of Neptune is. I mean the first scene with Wallace and Lamb telling him to go see the Wizard, he was even afraid of the biker gang because he ultimately couldn't do anything about them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:10 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 08:10 PM #58 of 74
Spoiler:
i don't really know what the motive would be quite yet, but i'm just gonna guess tim.
Haha. Called it. Case closed. =/

AwesomeMars is on hiatus now until April.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:06 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 10:06 PM #59 of 74
Haha. Called it. Case closed. =/

AwesomeMars is on hiatus now until April.
WHAT?!

How the fuck is any show supposed to get good ratings with two hiatuses? Seriously, I'm gonna get pissed if VM gets canceled this year.

Most amazing jew boots
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:03 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 12:03 AM #60 of 74
Especially without a cliffhanger making me want to see the rest of the season. I thought that this murder case was gonna be the main story thread through till the end, but I guess they're going to come up with a whole new separate one for the last 6 episodes? There isn't even anything brewing like there was in the last episode of the 1st part. The preview for May 1st's episode pretty much looked like "fun in the sun, with paintball guns"

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2007, 12:36 AM Local time: May 9, 2007, 10:36 PM #61 of 74
The preview for May 1st's episode pretty much looked like "fun in the sun, with paintball guns"
So it quietly returned this month for what may become the end of our favorite TV sleuth. Two of four episodes now done, it seems each episode is a single-case deal while building the relationships. Will there be a fourth season? I read something about a possible "time warp" where V-Mars would be working (interning?) at the FBI. The timeslot doesn't help this awesome show, and it's one of my favorites. =/ Here's hoping for a strong end of this season... and another season.

waka waka

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 03:29 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 03:29 PM #62 of 74
Yep, In a drastic effort to save VM, Rob Thomas has pitched a time skip of VM where Veronica would be working for the FBI. Apparently the head person at the CW really liked it, but the ratings havn't been stellar. HOWEVER, with the cancellation of Gilmore Girls, they are losing a big show so they can't afford to lose shows like Gilmore Girls and Seventh Heaven. VM might just have a fighting chance now. And yes, no more season long mysteries, it's a case by case basis and I feel like that's a lot better than a season long case. The only season it really worked for me was season 1.

How ya doing, buddy?
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 11:00 AM Local time: May 12, 2007, 09:00 AM #63 of 74
So will what's-his-face-guy who just returned to work at the sherrif's office be in the FBI season as Veronica's partner? Because grrowrr.

FELIPE NO
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 09:37 PM Local time: May 12, 2007, 09:37 PM #64 of 74
LOL, Leo? I agree with your grrowrr if it means you love that lovely Italian man. But the answer is....probably not. Actually if V makes the move a couple years ahead...the odds of any of the people that are on now besides Kristin Bell are in danger of not being in the series. Yes, even daddy Mars is in trouble. My BIG complaint though is the fact that Pizonica got the go ahead....and Chris Lowell is leaving for the Grey's spinoff. It's better for his career and I'm sure since the show is in danger, there weren't any contractual obligations past filming the last episode.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2007, 10:21 PM Local time: May 12, 2007, 08:21 PM #65 of 74
I can't imagine there not being some of the same characters appearing at least some of the time in the next season. Surely the badboy, Logan, or the badboy, Weevil, or perhaps the older badboy, Lamb. Whose plans is she going to foil? Real criminals like serial killers and stuff? Sounds kind of serious.

Most amazing jew boots
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2007, 12:22 AM Local time: May 12, 2007, 10:22 PM #66 of 74
I can't imagine there not being some of the same characters appearing at least some of the time in the next season. Surely the badboy, Logan, or the badboy, Weevil, or perhaps the older badboy, Lamb. Whose plans is she going to foil? Real criminals like serial killers and stuff? Sounds kind of serious.
Um, Sheriff Lamb is dead.

And more on-topic: Get rid of Piz and bring back in Leo. He's always been my favorite boyfriend for Veronica.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2007, 06:27 PM Local time: May 13, 2007, 04:27 PM #67 of 74
Shows how much attention I've been paying. He seemed like a keeper, but I guess if Sheriff Mars won't be in the next season then there's no reason to keep Lamb around for him to play with.

One reason it'd make sense for Leo to be brought back and carried over to next season is that he already has a career in criminal justice. It would make sense for him to run into Veronica in the future, and then fall madly in love and vow never to wear a shirt again.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Senorita Preved
Surprise Kangaroo Sweaterer and Hugger

Member 12294

Level 9.60

Sep 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 05:44 AM Local time: May 18, 2007, 08:44 PM #68 of 74
Cancelled

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Quote:
The CW had already faced major changes in its second year. The network created out of the ashes of the former WB and UPN had already ended the long-running family dramas "7th Heaven" and "Gilmore Girls." On Thursday the ax fell on "Veronica Mars," which starred Kristen Bell as a wisecracking teenage private eye.
also: lol

Quote:
The CW's only new comedy, "Aliens in America," is about a high school student trying to adjust to a Pakistani exchange student.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 09:42 AM Local time: May 18, 2007, 07:42 AM #69 of 74
This makes me have sadness. ;_; Veronica Mars was one of my top 5 TV shows. Hey, maybe another [more prominent] network will pick it up, and give it a better timeslot. Meh, who knows? Its future is bleak. CW axing it is quite a dagger to the series. =/

waka waka

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 18, 2007, 09:47 AM Local time: May 18, 2007, 07:47 AM #70 of 74
The reports that I read on Veronica Mars (other than that one) says that it isn't on the fall schedule, but they haven't cancelled it yet, and that it might be renewed in the next month or so, possibly as a midseason replacement or Summer 2008 show.

Is the CW fucking insane? I wouldn't be surprised if one of the big 4 picked up Veronica Mars.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
and Brandy does her best to understand
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 01:09 PM Local time: May 23, 2007, 11:09 AM #71 of 74
Veronica Mars can't be finished. ;_; That finale was insane and sorta rekindled my interest for some more V-Mars. =/

Plus, I wanna see FBI mode. Please come back.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 06:57 PM Local time: May 23, 2007, 06:57 PM #72 of 74
Well here is the lowdown on the future of VM. Dawn Austroff (Not sure if the last name is right), the president of the CW has cancelled VM in it's current form. If by some slim chance Rob Thomas can get a working version of future FBI Veronica written and actually make it good, then, and remember VERY slim chance, it might get picked back up in that form. The odds of that are low...so it's okay to just start mourning now...it was cancelled on my birthday =(. What a bad birthday present, but then I went to see Cirque du Soleil and then that cheered me up a bit....then back to mourning.

However, some good news. There is actually talk of a VM big-screen movie...not a typo either. I can't imagine VM as a movie, but eh, it's better than just hearing nothing of future closure for VM fans. Check Ausiello's section on tvguide.com.

About the ending now, I thought it was somewhat poetic. The series began with Veronica and Keith only have each other to rely on, Keith was forced out of his job as sheriff and Veronica was the hated girl in school. That all changed then the ending brought them back to all that. I liked the last scene of Veronica going to vote for her dad, it just reinforces the theme of that father/daughter bond that you don't see on any other tv shows.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 12:23 AM Local time: May 23, 2007, 11:23 PM #73 of 74
I enjoy watching Veronica Mars when I can catch it, but I never seem to catch it when it's on for some reason. Honestly, I am surprised they were able to stretch the concept this far however, but they seem to be have a good go of it.

Is the CW fucking insane? I wouldn't be surprised if one of the big 4 picked up Veronica Mars.
I would be really surprised if any of the big 4 could pull their heads out long enough to pick up a show of this quality. Next on their list is some sort of show that includes: suitcases, dancing, celebrities, singing, making people do tasks in some sort of team against each other, and eating stuff that isn't meant to be eaten.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by speculative; May 24, 2007 at 12:26 AM.
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 11:47 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 11:47 PM #74 of 74
There's is no way another network would pick it up. It's just one of the shows that are smart, get put on tv for a couple seasons, then gets yanked for various reasons. speculative is very much right about network TV, viewers just enjoy the dumbest concepts *cough* ABC upfronts Cavemen about the Geico Cavemen *cough*. Don't get me wrong though, it will fail miserably, but it will still draw millions of viewers....sad.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Goodbye Veronica Mars...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Veronica Mars season 3: The best show that you might not be watching yet