Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Veronica Mars season 3: The best show that you might not be watching yet

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 04:08 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 11:08 AM #1 of 74
Cool Veronica Mars season 3: The best show that you might not be watching yet

Veronica Mars is one of the best-written series on American television today. Rob Thomas, the writer and creator of the show, is downright awesome; almost every single line is hilarious, yet the interaction between the cast members is very realistic and doesn't seem forced. It's a great balance between college drama and neo-noir (Brick), or teenage noir, as it's sometimes called.

Of course, even if the actual show was terrible, it would still be worth watching just for Kristen Bell.

:dopey_love:

Season 3 premiered on October 3, on CW (Sun TV in Canada). Some YouTube clips from the first episode:

The new intro
...Qu'est que c'est? Frack?
Some girl going wild? As I understand it, it happens all the time in college!

Season 2 gag reel (A+, recommended viewing)
Kristen Bell on Late Late Show (October 2)

Download episode 3x01!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Last edited by Aardark; Oct 7, 2006 at 05:53 AM.
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 11:22 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 09:22 AM #2 of 74
The new intro caught me off-guard. I was like, "Did someone put LSD in my coffee or is the music slower?"

A long tiime agooo... wee uuused to beee frie-rrnnnn....

Then the walls starting melting and stuff.

I liked the episode, by the way. The BSG shout-out was cool, even though I don't watch that show. I just like how VM has that way of letting us dorky viewers know that the writers get where we come from. Fan-servicey goodness. The mystery of the week was decent, I like Piz so far, and don't mind the annoying roommate since she serves her purpose. She's so the girl who changes right in front of you. I was surprised by the twist in the subplot with Veronica's dad. That was pretty blunt, which means good. What's going to happen there, and who the hell is raping chicks, man?

Also, I didn't mind when Logan was all sweaty and shirtless in the afterglow. Nor did I fail to infer homoerotic implications between him and his precious Dick. I guess there's no more Weevil? That would be a bummer for me.

Veronica still seems like the ever-smug anti-heroine, which I like. Yay for beotches!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 07:10 PM #3 of 74
A lot of people hate the new intro, but I kinda like it. I'd like get the full version of the remix.

Weevil will definitely be back, since, well, he's in the main credits. I'm just not sure when; IMDB lists him for episode 4.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:43 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 09:43 AM #4 of 74
Mark me down as a fan of the show I literally finished the last 2 discs of Season 2 before the premiere of 3 aired last Tuesday.

Great use of color (gotta love all the stained glass used in the sets), great characters, storylines/mysteries, etc.

And yeah, the intro did catch me totally off-guard, but after watching it a second time it's growing on me. If anything, the 1st episode proved that the show can succesfully move to college without skipping a beat. Straight into the meat of things and saving the recaps for conveniently placed conversation.

The only thing that really confused me was Keith's sub-plot with the random guy and Kendall. I suppose there'll be more explanation about that as the season progresses, since they didn't really bother explaining much about the situation other than what the dialogue revealed.

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:45 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 10:45 AM #5 of 74
I started watching Season 1 of it this week, and am almost done with it. Hopefully I can finish Season 2 next week as I catch up with Season 3 this season. One my roommates got me into the show last semester, but I never got around to marathoning it. Now I am. <3

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 01:15 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 11:15 AM #6 of 74
I'm on my library waiting list for the Season 1 DVDs, but Season 2 was pretty interesting. Really screwed up people in that town, seriously.

And I think the direction on this show is definitely good. There's definitely a type of graphic novel, noir type of writing that I like, too.

I don't remember seeing Lamb in the last episode. That's crazy.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ArchesFan
And for my next trick....he'll confess.

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 07:44 PM #7 of 74
I wasn't a fan of this show for a long time actually. One of my friends loved it and I kinda brushed it off because I watch a ton of shows religiously throughout the week. Anyway, last week I saw Season 1 at Best Buy for 20 bucks so I thought I would bite and after the first disc I was hooked and after I marathoned season 1, I had to run out and get Season 2. And I finished in time to start watching season 3.

This show has so many different qualities that make it so good. It has teenage drama, very funny situations, and mysteries that give it a dark, film-noir (television-noir? lol) feel. The character Veronica is someone you root for and she stands up for what she believes in (as in choosing to stick by her dad, rather than her friends), but at the same time, she's selfish, sassy, and makes a ton of mistakes along the way.

Season 3 is a little less exciting than Season 1 and 2 started as, because within the first episode or so, they set up the big mystery of the season. Season 1 being the "Who killed Lilly Kane?" and Season 2 being, "Why did the bus crash, who did it, and why?" But Season 3 is good so far, I'm glad they added Mac as a regular on the credits. I really liked her scenes with Veronica and Beaver, until he....you know....

Spoiler:
was revealed as a psycho that made the bus crash and jumped off the building. I felt so sorry for Mac when Veronica came back and she said that Cassidy took her clothes.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I like the new character Piz. Obviously there is going to be some clashing between Logan and Piz over Veronica. Even though I really don't like Logan....I didn't like Duncan either.......The only boyfriend I liked for Veronica was Leo.

FELIPE NO
Decoy Goat
25 to life on probation

Member 650

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 09:32 PM #8 of 74
Finally, sweet vindication >:

I <3 Veronica.

Anybody have any theories yet?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:32 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 10:32 PM #9 of 74
I'm no good at guessing at whodunnit's. If you are referring the who did the rapes....I don't think we have enough information to even begin to guess who it might be. I don't think it was the RA with the Battlestar Galactica obsession.

Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:57 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 10:57 PM #10 of 74
The new season is just weak and they totaly screwed up the opening. CW still didn't order a full season on top of that and so far it's not looking pretty good for this show.

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:03 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 10:03 PM #11 of 74
Wow, I have to say I was fairly shocked how I said I don't think the RA was the rapist and he basically was helping the rapist. Anyway, even though the future of the show is up in the air right now especially since we have to wait now for the word on whether or not it's going to continue or be cancelled. Either way, I think Veronica's adventures are done past this season. It makes me sad, but the CW just doesn't know what is good obviously. Even Rob Thomas, the creator, was worried about the future of the show.

Anyway, I think this episode was absolutely fantastic. It was just as thrilling as Season 1's big "Case Solved, but now Veronica has to escape Crazy Aaron Echolls." And as for LoVe.....they were a little deceptive when they said some stupid promo that said LoVe/Piz=? because there were really no scenes of Piz moving in on Vernoica. As for the direction Logan is taking, I don't quite understand why he broke up with her in the first place. Did he know that she was going to catch the rapist and he was going to do his best to get his revenge on the rapist and not involve Veronica? I dunno, let's hope that the season gets the full order of episodes it deserves.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
You will be missed for a long time.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:16 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 08:16 PM #12 of 74
I want to pick up Seasons 1 & 2 whenever they both come out (I know Season 1 is out, but I dunno about season 2)... Actually there are several shows I want to get, but this is another one of them.

I gotta give kudos to getting some of the Buffy Cast to appear in one way or another and broaden their acting horizons, and not get type-cast (Which happened anyway to Ms. Hannigan, but watcha gonna do?).

The show's realistic approach to teenage affairs from a female perspective, going into places normally not approached, and NOT FOCUSING on that its not usually approached (At least from what I've seen, but my memory is a bit fuzzy ) is another reason I like the show. Doesn't hurt that Kristen Bell is cute/sexy (She flips back and forth between adorably cute and Hot/Sexy from my perspective).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:48 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 08:48 PM #13 of 74
Fucking figures. Every show that I've gotten into recently other than 24 and Lost has either been canceled, or was already canceled. I really hope this doesn't get canceled, since I'm becoming increasingly afraid that Lost is going to jump the shark, if it hasn't already, leaving Jack Bauer as the only good constant on TV (And the show has been getting progressively better since Day 4, so Day 6 will hopefully be KICKASS.)

I'm sick of this shit. People need to get some fucking TASTE!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by JasonTerminator; Nov 28, 2006 at 10:50 PM.
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:53 PM Local time: Nov 28, 2006, 10:53 PM #14 of 74
Actually, ummm, LOST is just on hiatus right now...they do it every season, but this season they're just doing it for 13 weeks which sucks. Anyway, the show isn't cancelled yet. It was ordered for the first...I don't know how many episodes there have been, and the future past that is pretty dependent on how it did in ratings and if the CW isn't feeling like a douche.

And Dark Nation....both seasons 1 and 2 are on DVD, season 2 has been out for a few months now.

EDIT: Okay, I feel like an idiot for reading that wrong JasonTerminator.... =P. Yeah, I'm glad this season I really just stuck with my shows that I know will be around for awhile.....

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
Twikite

Member 331

Level 5.97

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 01:27 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 12:27 AM #15 of 74
Fear not, Fellow Veronica Mars fans! The show's back 7 episodes have been picked up, at least according to the show's creator, Rob Thomas.

Ta-Da!

Loved the arc-finisher tonight, by the way. The suspenseful episodes always get a rise out of me. Oh, and unicorns ftw! I am sorta disappointed that
Spoiler (highlight to read):
they killed off Dean O'Dell. His character was starting to grow on me.
Ah well.

FELIPE NO
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:20 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 03:20 AM #16 of 74
Spoiler:
I was honestly afraid they were gonna kill Logan. All the pieces were in place for that kind of a scenario, even if I do fucking hate Piz. I'll be PISSED if Veronica ever dates him.

Anyway, It's odd that they didn't pick up the whole season, so I'm somewhat worried about the show's long-term future, but at least it's not over just yet. I really wish CW would realize that this is easily the best show on their network right now, but I guess people are still too into shit like the One Tree Hill and such for them to realize it.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:37 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 02:37 AM #17 of 74
I'm in a terrible situation here: There is no local CW affiliate! The WB and UPN affilate (same channel) decided to air FOX filler programming instead of CW stuff. It's a real shame! People are pretty mad here.

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:03 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 12:03 PM #18 of 74
Spoiler:
Piz doesn't bother me, I'm not a Logan fan either since he was a complete jerk until season 2 and then Veronica and him went out for basically 5 minutes. In the season 2 premiere she was telling what happened over the summer and her and Logan went out and they showed like 5 minutes of footage of them together, then argument....then no more LoVe for awhile. I havn't liked anybody Veronica has gone out with EXCEPT Leo. I loved Leo, but she just used him. As for Dean O'Dell dying... It kinda makes me sad because he was trying to make everyone happy with his decisions, but everytime he made one, someone else would get mad. I'm wondering who killed him unless I have short term memory and don't remember them showing who it was. What do you wanna bet Weevil gets blamed.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 04:04 PM #19 of 74
Originally Posted by ArchesFan
And Dark Nation....both seasons 1 and 2 are on DVD, season 2 has been out for a few months now..
Really?? Awesome! I've been getting single episodes at a time of the new season, but I wonder if I could get Seasons 1 & 2 together in a bundle or something, so that it would be cheaper. Or maybe someone could trade it to me, I dunno .

Anyway if CW kills off this show I'll be really disappointed. Who watches One Tree Hill anyway?

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:18 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:18 PM #20 of 74
The 16-19 crowd who are in high school and transitioning into college probably are the likely candidates of One Tree Hill. Same with the OC....though I admit to watching alot of the OC, but after Season 1, I just didn't like it the same way. VM seems to have a wider range audience considering Micheal Ausiello at TV Guide is a fan and he turns people onto the show through him always talking about how awesome it is and people should be watching.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Goodbye Veronica Mars...
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:04 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 01:04 AM #21 of 74
Yeah, it has the nerd followings of Kevin Smith and Joss Whedon as well.

But that's what I don't understand, since the show has a BILLION things to appeal to different people. You've got love drama, geek references, neo-noir, really hot chick as the lead, high-school college environment...That basically hits every group of CW's core audience, so I really don't understand why it hasn't become as popular as it should.

Most amazing jew boots
ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 07:58 PM #22 of 74
Veronica Mars just isn't as publicized and hyped as it could be. You barely see cast members getting on talk shows or TRL or such places that would be easy to get viewers from, whereas with One Tree Hill, Supernatural, Smallville, etc. you see them regularly going on shows geared towards teens. Then a show like Gilmore Girls is fairly publicized, but it's had a loyal large following all throughout the show. VM just hasn't had any of that. I've seen Kristin Bell on a couple shows before....what did she promote.... that movie Pulse when it came out. I don't remember her ever mentioning VM or talking about that so it was kind of a bad move.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 01:21 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 11:21 PM #23 of 74
I hope that the CW doesn't cancel this. I thought season 1 was probably one of the most entertaining seasons I've ever watched of any show. I didn't like season 2 too much, but I felt this season got back to where it was in its first year.

I find it a bit odd. Kristen Bell gets more press than Lauren Graham or Alexis Bledel ever did for Gilmore Girls in the beginning and the CW has stuck by that through 7 seasons despite always being named in TV Guide as "The Best Show You're Not Watching". I think the CW would be hard-pressed to find a better replacement, and it would be stupid to dump it with Gilmore Girls in its final season. It's true: how can you keep One Tree Hill who has no writing, no acting, no plot, nothing but pretty people who look nice on magazine racks, but cancel Veronica Mars?

And it is kind of like NBC with Studio 60 (though they announced a full season). Studio 60 can't and won't beat CSI: Miami and there is no chance that a CW show will take down House and Law and Order. They lucked out with CBS throwing up it's crappy new show, but still. Be realistic here.

Anyway, I just watched this week's episode...very good mid-season cliffhanger. Better than any this year from what I've seen.

I just saw this on Yahoo while I was reading up on Veronica Mars:

Quote:
Veronica Mars is continuing to post strong numbers for The CW in its third season.

According to live plus same day DVR data from Nielsen Media Research, the teen mystery drama achieved series highs among adults 18-34 and adults 18-49 in its most recent outing on Tuesday, November 28. Among 18-34s, the show achieved a 5% audience share; among 18-49s, a 4% share. The episode also rated as the second most-watched in the show's history, averaging 3.44m viewers.

The news comes just over a week since The CW confirmed a 20 episode run for the show's third season. The show airs in the UK on Living TV.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds40167.html

FELIPE NO
Aardark

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:14 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 01:14 PM #24 of 74

ArchesFan

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 10:28 PM #25 of 74
I'm glad to see that the episode got good ratings....maybe there is hope for another season beyond this one. But I agree that it's a much better show than some of the stuff. Gilmore Girls isn't a bad show, it's actually pretty good sometimes and it has a loyal following, much like Veronica Mars does though the following is smaller than that of GG.

I'm glad someone brought up the Studio 60 crap. It's interesting....but it should have been cancelled. All we can really do is hope they don't cancel something that is actually good, but that's just the fate of TV shows sometimes. The good stuff goes, the bad stuff stays.

Finally, Aardark....I love that little gif.....I just those Logan was crazy when he did it and then they showed him in the cell with Mercer and then I just said, "Uh-oh." I think I'm gonna change my avatar and sig to a VM themed one to support the Veronica Mars cause.

Goodbye Veronica Mars...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Veronica Mars season 3: The best show that you might not be watching yet