Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] DEFCON: Everybody Dies

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 09:27 PM #1 of 9
DEFCON: Everybody Dies

Defcon: Everybody Dies
Release: September 29, 2006

July 17, 2006: London

Introversion, the award-winning maverick developer of the hit PC game - Darwinia - will be releasing its eagerly-awaited third title DEFCON in September 2006.

DEFCON is an online, competitive, multiplayer strategy game based around the theme of global thermonuclear war. The game, inspired by the 1983 cult-classic Wargames, superbly evokes the tension, paranoia and suspicion surrounding the Cold War era. The player assumes the role of a General hidden deep within an underground bunker, his mission being to successfully exterminate the enemy's civilian population whilst simultaneously disabling the enemy's ability to retaliate. Desperate attempts must be made to form fast, tactical alliances - alliances that may at any moment break-down to become treacherous and very deadly betrayals.

"DEFCON is proof once again that the creation of exciting, unique games does not rely on years and years of development, nor a 100 strong dev team. With the release of DEFCON, Introversion continues to demonstrate that indie developers are at the forefront of exciting, innovative gaming experiences," says Tom Arundel of Introversion Software.

In other words: Global thermonuclear war.

Watch the trailer.

View some gameplay footage.

Read IGN's review (8.2)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:10 PM #2 of 9
Does it come with a binder labelled "World targets in megadeaths"?

Anyhow, it actually looks quite interesting. It's somewhat hard to judge that kind of stuff from a few screenshots and videos though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 04:09 AM #3 of 9
Hm, my initial thought was that it's such a simple and repetitive game that it should get boring rather quickly. I always forget that almost every game is simple and repetitive.

I just hope nobody mistakes this for some sort of terrorist plot.

Edit: It's actually kind of scary to watch the trailer and think about what all the lines and explosions represent.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Magic; Sep 17, 2006 at 04:12 AM.
mallocks
Wark!

Member 2477

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:17 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 01:17 PM #4 of 9
Being from introversion, it's pretty likely it'll be great, they did darwinia after all. For $10 (until tomorrow) how can one go wrong

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 04:48 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 11:48 AM #5 of 9
Wish they would make another future based hacking game instead of reverting to this kind of retro. Darwinia wasn't bad but i'd rather see a new Uplink since it was quite good.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:21 PM #6 of 9
Introversion seems like the kind of developer that wouldn't make a sequel to any of their games.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
killmoms
Professional Mac-head

Member 277

Level 15.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 05:47 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 03:47 PM #7 of 9
Bought this game and haven't been disappointed. There definitely needs to be a GFF Defcon competition. It's fun one-on-one, and I'd love to play a six-way nuke 'em up.

FELIPE NO
killmoms - Well, don't really.
Makin' trailers er'ry day.
Sceptre X
\usr\bin\sceptrex

Member 16350

Level 11.01

Dec 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:00 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2006, 01:00 PM #8 of 9
I love this game and have only played it for about two minutes. I really like the soundtrack, it's got a weird opera feel that only adds to the glowey look and the addictive but simple gameplay.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It turns out that today is opposite day, so all of what you have said is true, so you should probably just go.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 04:26 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2006, 01:26 PM #9 of 9
I just bought the game too recently, still trying to find out the finer details of the game and learning not to park my nuclear subs too close to the enemy's coast (damn missile silos and their anti-sub capabilities). Otherwise its a pretty cool game. Lots of fun when the nukes start flying.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] DEFCON: Everybody Dies