Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:31 PM #276 of 1626
Originally Posted by Kostaki
Mario & Luigi : Superstar Saga - GBA/$5
Five bucks? Wow, was that just for the cart, or did you get everything?

I only really buy games one at a time, and before I got my DS I hadn't bought one for months. The latest I did buy, however, was New Super Mario Bros, and I love it.

I have a list of games I want to get in the (near) future though. And I'm also waiting for FFXII.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:53 PM #277 of 1626
Lately I've been buying some rare games.

Xenogears - 25 bucks
Sonic 3d Blast (saturn) - 8 bucks
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (Saturn) - 60 bucks

and a few others i wanted to get like ps1 version of Valkyrie Profile . It costed about 80 bucks for its rare find. heh... was too late anyway.

My recent purchase was VP2: Silmeria and a psp/ds game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 06:34 PM #278 of 1626
Picked up Half-Life 2 GOTY the other day, cause I didn't have it. I only played once at a friend's place, and loved it. I know I'm a little behind the times. :P

Before that, Mario & Luigi DS, Xenosaga III... And paid for FFXII today, but of course, have to wait another month to actually get it. :/

Most amazing jew boots
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2006, 11:45 PM #279 of 1626
Originally Posted by Celes
Five bucks? Wow, was that just for the cart, or did you get everything?

I only really buy games one at a time, and before I got my DS I hadn't bought one for months. The latest I did buy, however, was New Super Mario Bros, and I love it.

I have a list of games I want to get in the (near) future though. And I'm also waiting for FFXII.
Bought it from a friend who didn't want it anymore. Pretty much complete, box still looked new, had all the inserts, and everything.

I've been playing Mario & Luigi : Partners in Time and it's been a blast, so that's another good one to add to your library as well.

FELIPE NO
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 11:08 PM #280 of 1626
I got Dark Angel today for the XBOX for $5. I played through the first level and so far I like it. The game got a lot of bad reviews. I hope the rest of the game is as entertaining as the first level. Last Friday I got Alias for the XBOX for $6. It's entertaining, but it can be a little slow at times. I'm on the fourth level right now.

xman25

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:27 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 10:27 PM #281 of 1626
I've bought a whole bunch of games between yesterday and today.

Yesterday, I bought Devil May Cry 2 () and Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis at Circuit City, and the first Mario vs. Donkey Kong at Gamestop. I know everybody says DMC2 sucks, but it was only $15, so I figured that was cheap enough to see how much it sucked for myself. As for the MvsDK games, I played a rom of the first one and enjoyed it, so I decided to finally get it (I had to get it used at Gamestop for $20, since no one seems to have it new), since the second one was on sale for $24 at Circuit City.

And today, I was at Wal-Mart, and they had a whole bunch of games on clearance, so I picked up quite a few of them:

Pokemon Ruby and Leaf Green: I never played any of the GBA Pokemon games, so while I had planned to get Pokemon Emerald, I couldn't pass up getting both these games for a lower price ($20 for Ruby and $10 for LG), since I heard you need both to get most of the Pokemon.

Mario Kart Super Circuit: Aside from Double Dash, this was the only other Mario Kart game I never played, so for $10 I figured it was worth it.

Super Mario World - Super Mario Advance 2: I played some of this with a rom, but I've never fully played it. People keep saying this is one of the best Mario games (though I didn't really see that with the rom), and it was only $10, so I figured I would give it another shot ths way.

Final Fantasy IV Advance: Never played this game at all, and it was only $15. People seem to really like this FF game, so that seemed like it was worth it.

Champions - Return to Arms: I loved Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and since this was made by the same people I figured it would be good. I did play a demo of the first one, which I'll probably try to find now so I'll know what's going on in this one. Also, it was only $8.

Mad Maestro: Bought this for my sister, who loved the demo years ago. It was only $6, and it would make me look nice in the process!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:31 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 10:31 PM #282 of 1626
Originally Posted by I just needed to get DMC2
Yesterday, I bought Devil May Cry 2
Son, I hope you don't end up posting in this thread.

I also heard that the loading times for FFIV advance was pretty bad, but not as bad as the horrid PSX ports of the same game, along with V and VI.

How ya doing, buddy?

- What we all do best -
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:51 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 09:51 PM #283 of 1626
Originally Posted by Spatula
Son, I hope you don't end up posting in this thread.

I also heard that the loading times for FFIV advance was pretty bad, but not as bad as the horrid PSX ports of the same game, along with V and VI.
It's not the loading times (for the GBA version). It's the impossible to miss delay to your button and command inputs.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:13 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 07:13 AM #284 of 1626
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Super Mario World - Super Mario Advance 2: I played some of this with a rom, but I've never fully played it. People keep saying this is one of the best Mario games (though I didn't really see that with the rom), and it was only $10, so I figured I would give it another shot ths way.
I've been on the lookout for this in stores for a while. I played the ROM of it before, and even put it on my flash cart for a bit; but I do want the complete package. $10 new at Walmart? I'm trying to avoid paying ~$30 for it on eBay.

EDIT: Wow, nevermind. I just noticed it's becoming a "Player's Choice" game and more copies are coming out today next week. $20 though... whatever.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Last edited by nazpyro; Oct 6, 2006 at 12:53 PM.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:44 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2006, 06:44 PM #285 of 1626
I picked up a copy of Company of Heroes (PC) today. I played the demo, and quite enjoyed it. Dawn Of War (PC) came free with it, so it was a deal I couldn't resist.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2006, 06:40 PM #286 of 1626
I bought Suikoden Tactics from Circuit City for $10 even though my Playstation 2 is 3 hours away.

I can't pass up $10 PS2 games that are suppose to be pretty good.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
randomwab
Aquila Jama 'oca

Member 494

Level 14.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:46 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 05:46 PM #287 of 1626
Got Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence yesterday. Online is excellent. Picked up Obscure, Syphon Filter Omega Strain and Beyond Good and Evil today in a 3 for £15 deal.

Most amazing jew boots
Welcome to Silent Hill
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:52 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 11:52 AM #288 of 1626
Originally Posted by Dr. Uzuki
It's not the loading times (for the GBA version). It's the impossible to miss delay to your button and command inputs.
In addition, the GBA version has some weird ass bugs like your characters getting turns instantly without having to wait, and that makes an already easy game ridiculously simple. This bug is so prevalent that even the hardest bosses attached to the bonus dungeon are extremely simple.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Oct 7, 2006 at 02:04 PM.
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 04:26 PM #289 of 1626
I got Megaman ZX and the WiFi USB Connector for the DS.

ZX rocks. Hard. It's one of the best action games on a handheld ever, and hopefully, it will be sharing that honor with Portrait of Ruin later this year. It's a challenging game, with great music and badass gameplay.

Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:03 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 01:33 PM #290 of 1626
Awesome, I didn't know Megaman ZX had come out yet. Time to import!

In other news in the last month or so I have bought:

1080: Avalanche - I always meant to pick this up, but I didn't want to pay full price, but I found it at a cheap, cheap price and I couldn't hel;p myself.

Star Fox: Command - I really like this game, but then it's Star Fox so I am pretty much automatically going to love it.

Mario Smash Football - I pretty much bought this for my brother, I haven't played it much but it seems pretty ok.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:29 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2006, 11:29 PM #291 of 1626
Went wandering through the meager second hand shelves EE's had for years, and came across Killer 7 and Devil May Cry priced for 10 bucks each. I couldn't pass that up.

Devil May Cry is very reminiscent of many cheif games in my favourites list. I'm enjoying expirencing elements of Zelda, Prince of Persia, and RE all in the same game. It's something you can't get anywhere else.

Killer 7 is visually stunning, and stylistically beautiful. It's like a Tarantino film on my Gamecube. It's hard to understand thus far, and if it weren't for the amazing visual, and character designs i'd probably lose interest in this game quite quickly.

I'm loving both so far.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 01:31 AM #292 of 1626
I bought Half Life 2: Episode One for the second time this weekend. A friend of mine wanted it and I couldnt find my copy so I just bought him his own.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 02:37 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2006, 10:37 AM #293 of 1626
Right, so on Friday I bought myself an Xbox.

A supermarket opened a new store over at Vuosaari and were selling Xboxes for €69, so I went by there this morning and bought one. They weren't kidding about size and mass, the thing weighed a ton with the box. I had to carry it around all day, from 11AM till 10PM when I finally got home from work.

I stopped by Savepoint to pick up the ICO OST they had gotten me, and bought myself Halo and Splinter Cell (for €5). Then at work, a work mate of mine mentioned they had a bunch of old Edge magazines (as we were discussing this one PC Engine article they had years back) and upon digging them out, we discovered a bunch of fancy guidebooks.

There was one for ICO and three copies of the Metal Gear Solid official strategy guide. I whined about what a waste it was to keep them there till they finally let me have one of the MGS books.

I've only gotten inside the Truth and Reconciliation, but Halo is amazing so far.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 05:03 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 08:03 PM #294 of 1626
As much as I make fun of the Final Fantasy series, I'm pretty gay for Kingdom Hearts. The PAL version only just came out the other week. It's been really great so far, even if the 'intro' did go for THREE HOURS. Also this is an excellent example of just how badly the Aussie rating system breaks box art.

Normal PAL version.

WHAT. They even had to SHRINK THE ART just so it'd fit above that monster.

Also picked this up REAL cheap, which is the best sort of cheap.

Hurray I own a Simple Series DS game, such an event. Honestly, it's quite good, the CPU isn't some superhuman killbot like other pool games, they make mistakes here. Could just be sloppy coding lololol. The music is nice, it supports eight players off a single cart. You can choose from all these freaky looking anime people if you want. Dunno why, you never see them aside from the menu screen. Stuff. It's developed by the same legends behind Clubhouse Games, too.

I have both of these, they're built into the Master System Powerbase. But I bought the cartridge version for a few bucks anyway. Because I'm a wanker. Safari Hunt > Duck Hunt. Hang On > Mach Rider. LOOKS LIKE NES IS GOIN' DOWN.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Oct 9, 2006 at 05:05 AM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:19 AM #295 of 1626
I walked to the mall and picked up Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team for the GBA yesterday. An EB Games opened up there just recently.

Oh, and before you say anything, the game wasn't for me, but for my little sister. I already have the DS version, and am quite infatuated with it.

For some bizarre reason, the GBA game is more expensive than the DS game. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

How ya doing, buddy?

Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:38 AM #296 of 1626
Keeping with the pokemon theme, I picked up Pokemon Fire Red Greatest Hits version at Circuit City yesterday for 14.99

Haven't played Pokemon since middle school, and since I picked up and have been enjoying Mystery Dungeon for my DS, I figured i'd give one of the newer games a shot and see how they are.

True, this is just a remake of the one I played when I was younger, but it's still nice to play it in full color with a few improvements. I'm pretty excited about Diamond/Pearl now too. Damn these games and their addictive nature.

surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:51 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 01:51 PM #297 of 1626
I bought Unison JP! Man, what a harsh game (you have to memorise the choreography of a song and then reproduce it "on air" maybewithout any cues or on-screen instructions), but the design is just too funny. I mean: "3 girls and an afro save the world"! It doesn't get much more awesome than that. And the rearrangements of the songs in the game are pretty sweet too, I really like the fact that they went and changed it all around a bit.

Hell yah!

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:58 AM #298 of 1626
Haha, sounds exactly like me. I've been playing Mystery Dungeon DS a lot. It's just too much fun. Addictive games should be banned XD

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dogen
there's no marmalade

Member 10236

Level 7.02

Jul 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:03 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 09:03 PM #299 of 1626
I bought Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence today, as it finally got a PAL release last friday. I totally wasn't aware of it until I just spotted it in a store today.

The new camera is great and all, but I just can't be bothered playing through it all again. Same thing happened when I bought Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition the other week. Great stuff.

Most amazing jew boots
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 08:35 PM #300 of 1626
I got Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA) today as it was released as a "Player's Choice" game today (so many copies around now!). I've been wanting this for a while now just to have a cart of. I've completed it on my flash cart years ago, but now I have the "real thing" to do it on again. Yay?

I wanted to get Clubhouse Games (DS) too, but they didn't have them in the store yet despite being released today. Maybe next week or something then.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend