Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:09 AM #1026 of 3609
Mike Awesome

Known as Mike Awesome in ECW and WWE. First person to invade the WWE by defeating Rhino backstage and taking the Hardcore Title.

While in WCW, he sold out and became that 70's guy and the fat chick thriller. Basically, he was great in ECW and then he just well...flopped

Also at one night stand 2005 he had one hell of a match with Masato Tanaka
Ok I can explain not knowing who he was then. When Rhino was in the WWE, I didn't watch wrestling at all during that time, I missed the 'major invasion' and stuff. It's my job D: I never watch RAW/Smackdown anymore. I keep up with you all by reading the website -.-.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:33 PM Local time: Feb 20, 2007, 11:33 AM #1027 of 3609
Some random and interesting Awesome facts.

* He was the cousin of Horace Hogan. Awesome grew up with Horace, and the two entered wrestling at the same time, due to the Hulkster's influence. While Horace trained in the Malenko camp, Awesome got his skill from Steve Keirn's training camp out of the PWF.
* He was part of many stables, such as the Puerto Rican Army, Shiek's Army, Team Canada, Lethal Weapon, Funk Masters of Wrestling, and the WCW/ECW Alliance.
* Awesome's theme music during his tenure in Extreme Championship Wrestling includes "Immortal Sin" by Fight, the FMW-produced "He's Awesome", "Phantom Lord" by Metallica, "The Zoo" by Bruce Dickinson and "Awesome Bomb" by Reckless Fortune (which was produced by ECW's Harry Slash of Harry Slash & The Slashtones).
* Awesome was never paid for his match against Masato Tanaka at ECW Heat Wave 1998.[3]
* Awesome was involved in a backstage altercation with members of a Yakuza group at an FMW event, as a result of several members beating up his real life friend, Sabu. As a result, Awesome, along with the rest of the foreign wrestlers, didn't leave their locker room for over 2 hours, because the Yakuza were waiting in the hallway with the intention of murdering them all as soon as they left the locker room. Atsushi Onita smoothed things over with the group, however. [4]

Quote:
Awesome was found dead at around 10:30pm on February 17, 2007[2] in the Tampa area. A group of friends who were coming to his home to pick him up and go out found him hanged in his home. It is believed he committed suicide.
Interesting about the Yakuza shit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:26 AM #1028 of 3609
Anyone see ECW last night? Punk beat Nitro with KENTA's Go to Sleep finisher! I love when they bust out japanese moves for the marks!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 09:05 AM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 08:05 AM #1029 of 3609
Is there an example of this maneuver? I wouldn't even know what the fuck this thing looks like.

I was speaking idiomatically.
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:44 AM #1030 of 3609
Is there an example of this maneuver? I wouldn't even know what the fuck this thing looks like.
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/vid...61990/0220punk

Watch Punk perform it.

Most amazing jew boots

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:45 AM #1031 of 3609
A shame about Awesome. So...sudden. He was one of my bro's fave wrestlers and his matches were...no pun intended, usually awesome.

Some facts about Awesome not mentioned:

He shocked the wrestling world when he showed up at WCW Nitro STILL as champion and took out Nash. Probably one of the top five shocking angles of all time.

He is the only wrestler to ever be in a cross-promotional match between WWF and WCW. Ironically, it was on ECW turf for the ECW title (would have been cool if he showed up with the strap on TV so that it would have shown up on WCW one week, then WWF the next but...). Rumor has it that Bischoff wanted him to bring the strap to publically trash, but Awesome had enough honor to NOT do it.

He won the ECW title twice, beating Tanaka after his one week title reign. He also held the ECW tag team titles several times (was he the only one to hold both straps at the same time? I'm not sure if Raven did as well...).

He was the tallest ECW world champion.

He ended Tazz's legendary reign back when Tazz was basically unstoppable. He also beat him fairly quickly (although he did have a little help from Tanaka) in the match which stunned the audience. Even more shocking was the fact that he was never scheduled to be part of the match.

Unfortunately, most of his accomplishments that I can think of are during his ECW days. Don't bother asking about his WWE or WCW days...they are just...blah.

FELIPE NO
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:49 PM #1032 of 3609
Concerning tonight's Raw:

Spoiler:
Bobby Lashley...they made all that build up and Bobby Lashley is the best they could come up with to represent Trump?! I figured it would be someone big like Stone Cold, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, hell maybe even Mick Foley...but Lashley? Come on.

Props to Lawler though for getting inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by SuperSonic; Feb 26, 2007 at 10:59 PM.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:31 AM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 12:31 AM #1033 of 3609
MAJOR SPOILER from what I've read

Spoiler:

Sonic, just so you know I've read reports that SCSA is going to be the special guest referee

Predictions of tonights ECW

Spoiler:

In the Lashley - Holly match tonight I have a feeling its going to be kind of like a Mark Henry moment where Umaga is going to storm the ring, rip off the cage door and beat the hell out of Lashley where Holly will win the match.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Slash; Feb 27, 2007 at 03:36 PM.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:07 PM #1034 of 3609
Well it doesn't surprize me but Test has been released.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:59 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 04:59 PM #1035 of 3609
heh..he got in a car wreck lol Not like he was that entertaining to watch. Test was a much better face than a heel.

Remember when he was against the McMahon-Helmsley Era. Also when we was with Stacey and had all his Test-icles

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:49 AM #1036 of 3609
I sure do - that was the only highlight of his career. He WOULD have made a great champion(like a lot of mid carders) but well, you know how that goes.

Lashley is fucking intense..

Last edited by Winter Storm; Feb 28, 2007 at 09:16 AM.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:27 AM #1037 of 3609
At one point, Test had the "future world champion" look. However, after Steph turned heel, he lost he momentum and eventually became a mid-carder winning and losing until he and Albert were put together with Trish. That tag team was only mildly successful but never in line for a tag title reign, and the only big thing I can remember was him and Steph still have tension despite both being heels.

After Trish left, Test and Albert broke up, and Test became a face again, eventually challenging Rhyno over and over again for the HC title. He did eventually win it...with the help of Shane McMahon en route to the ill-fated WCW/ECW VS WWE angle, only to lose the title back within three days.

Afterwards, when they turned all of WCW heel, he, after being beat down by the entire WWE rostor for being an associate of Shane's, turned heel again by going with WCW. This actually led to one of his most successful feuds and career pushes as he beat a red-hot Edge for the IC title in a thrilling match (they had several although repetitive). He lost that a few weeks later when Edge unified both the US and IC title, but did come back later that night to win the immunity battle royal (allowing him to stay around and his character to save some face).

After this, I...well, he eventually went with Storm and the rest, and managed to get another small career push after he pinned Taker in an eight man tag. He lost the singles rematch as Summerslam though, and eventually Storm and all broke up, with Test soon after turning face and cutting his hair for Stacy.

That led to the series of matches with various individuals, i think the biggest being Jericho. Then, after Stacy got mad at him for something Goldust said, he beganto turn heel, completing it when he won Stacy from Steiner (after losing her a month earlier in a match) and eventually Steiner's service in another match. That was short-lived though when Steiner turned him, and took out Stacy. Steiner and Test then tagged until I think Test got injured. He made some comment that he didn't care to come back or something like that, and was fired.

The fact that he was rehired was not surprising. The fact he had such a significant role in the ECW brand IS. He looked prime to win the title but that was obviously not to be. Now he's gone again, and probably for good this time. I think this was his last big shot...and whether by his own actions or someone elses, he blew it.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:36 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 09:36 AM #1038 of 3609
Eh, he'll probably just go to TNA and work there

okay I just read the SD spoilers and something is kinda making me go WTF

Spoiler:

Announced for next week: Undertaker vs. Finlay and Kane vs. WWE World champion Batista.

OKay, Taker vs Batista I understand...but why are Kane and Finlay teaming up?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Slash; Feb 28, 2007 at 02:16 PM.
TCK
I am the horseman

Member 230

Level 11.26

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:19 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 12:19 AM #1039 of 3609
Two

Different

Matches.

FELIPE NO
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:35 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 05:35 PM #1040 of 3609
Not in the way it was worded...not that a match like that wouldn't be cool.

but now that you say that, it STILL doesn't make any sense. Kane and Khali would make a much better feud

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:21 PM #1041 of 3609
Batista is facing Kane because Kane is Taker's bro. That type of deal. Also, Batista is doing a tweener thing right now.

Khali VS Kane as a feud is just blah. Kane can really go but Khali...?

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:30 AM #1042 of 3609
So Khali could get his ass kicked by taker's brother? Nah that'd be overkill.

How ya doing, buddy?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:15 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 10:15 AM #1043 of 3609
I dunno, at RAW Khali got a huge pop, which was kind of funny.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:57 AM #1044 of 3609
What? WHAT?

heh, It doesn't matter even if I already knew, but it was great to see Austin again.

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:21 AM #1045 of 3609
We all know Shawn Michaels wants to superkick the living hell out of Cena. What's got me anxious is WHEN he will do it. Because they are'nt gonna make it to WM23 as tag team champions lol. And yea Austin is back, but doing a lame role right now.

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:24 PM #1046 of 3609
lol I found it amusing to see Bischoff come on and taunt Vince a bit... then you had Mick Foley come... then the worst, Austin. It seemed like a haunting of the three christmas ghosts XD

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:17 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 03:17 PM #1047 of 3609
I dunno...Bischoff didn't make sense for vince to be angry at because he did bring him back and made him GM for a day for the book thing...It would have been pretty funny to see someone like..Heyman or Linda come out...or maybe The Rock

How ya doing, buddy?
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 05:27 PM #1048 of 3609
I'm pretty sure the Rock is content on never coming back. And apparently getting fired is just some cover up or something. They always always come back.

Most amazing jew boots
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:59 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 07:59 PM #1049 of 3609
Bischoff and Foley were both "fired" because they were doing books. Austin was doing the Condemned and The Rock is too cool for the WWE lol.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 09:05 AM #1050 of 3609
I'm pretty sure the Rock is content on never coming back. And apparently getting fired is just some cover up or something. They always always come back.
I don't know if he'll ever come back. If you've noticed, that some of the movies coming out he's in no longer feature him as just "The Rock" but are starting to bill him as Dwayne Johnson or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Even though he can use the name "The Rock" freely, I think Vince gets some kind of kick back for Rock to be able to use that name. I know it used to be Vince had to be credited as an executive producer or something like that in the past, I just don't know if that's still the case now or not.

Personally, I'd love to see him come back again for another match or a surprise shot once in a while.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread