Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Pre-E3 Wii thread
Closed Thread

HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:09 PM #76 of 131
I think Wii is going to take the marketplace by storm. I don't know if Nintendo will come out on top, but seriously think about this for a moment. You can actually play with your games. Interact, physically, like we've always wanted to.

I think it's going to be big, bigger than some think.

As for NIBRIS, I haven't got much faith in them. I'd like to, because they seem serious, and they have a stylish website, and Sadness sounds awesome, but they've got to release something with substance before anyone takes them seriously.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:48 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:48 AM #77 of 131
Originally Posted by sprouticus
Nintendo needs to tap into everyone else. If they can sway the majority of gamers, they may come out on top like they did in the glory days.
All they need is to buy the share of square enix and force them to release FF series in Wii. That will be enough for millions SE fanboys to purchase a Wii.
I still love nintendo the best, I grew with it, too bad their own stupidity kick their butt out of the league (the Snes Play Station project, oh nintendo, how stupid were you!)

I was speaking idiomatically.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 01:57 PM #78 of 131
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/705/705607p1.html

Summary:
Squenix is backing the Wii with two new titles which will be announced later today. According to the post, the titles are suspected to be a Crystal Chronicles sequel and a new Dragon Quest for Wii.

Guess we'll know soon enough, but if the Wii is getting Dragon Quest, that is VERY good news indeed.

- WraithTwo -

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:23 PM #79 of 131
Holy marcral! Since when did SE start to support Nintendo? All I remember is them ditching Nintendo for using cart instead of CD... and some remade-FF came out for GBA for milking...

FELIPE NO
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 04:07 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 04:07 PM #80 of 131
Originally Posted by Taegueki
Holy marcral! Since when did SE start to support Nintendo? All I remember is them ditching Nintendo for using cart instead of CD... and some remade-FF came out for GBA for milking...
Well, that's pretty much why they made Crystal Chronicles: so Nintendo would let them make GBA games. I wonder if the Dragon Quest game will be like that, where it has the name but otherwise doesn't bear much resemblance to the other games in the series. Guess we'll find out if they release some images or footage of it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old May 8, 2006, 06:45 PM #81 of 131
Actually most of SE's E3 lineup is for Nintendo systems. Nintendo is getting a lot of love.

Also, I will be closing this short lived thread sometime in the future because well the nintendo conference is tomorrow and all.

Talk about what you expect from the Wii and stuff and the conference and any new info for now. Just look forward to a new thread tomorrow.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Technophile
With my hands...Be My Last

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 08:48 PM #82 of 131
You guys, Sony just stole Wii's main feature. . Their controler has some sort of movement sensor. I wonder how this'll effect Wii.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:08 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:08 PM #83 of 131
It'll either make Wii look a lot better or a lot worse.

It's Nintendos turn now, I can't wait to see what Reggie has to say.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 07:20 PM #84 of 131
Nintendo's conference is tomorrow? What time will this take place? The Nintendo Wii is the only other thing I'm interested in this year. ._.

I saw what I wanted to see today with Sony. Now I gotta see what Nintendo does.

Stuff goes here~
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:23 PM #85 of 131
I just hope Wii's last big secret is something huge now that Sony ripped them off. Again.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:25 PM #86 of 131
That's true, they do have a big secret to reveal. I can't fucking wait to see it.

I'm going to bet right here and now that the price of the system will be $249. Anyone else?

lazuli
cerulean skies

Member 2667

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:26 PM #87 of 131
My thoughts after the sony conference:

1. Wii has a DQ launch title, DQ being known for being more popular than Final Fantasy in Japan (and we still haven't seen the Nintendo conference)
2. Wii will most likely be at a 2-for-1 price point compared to the PS3
3. None of the games shown at PS3's press event were said to be launch titles, we have no idea when the first must-have game will come along (this might change, although, MGS4 was shown to be 2007, FFXIII certainly isn't coming out this year...what else that they showed is going to make people plunk down $500 immediately to get a PS3?)

We haven't even seen Nintendo's press conference and at this point the Wii looks likely to take off much better than PS3, particularly in Japan.

FELIPE NO
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 07:29 PM #88 of 131
I know the Nintendo Wii has to sell alot just because of the low price. There's no way I can afford the PS3, no matter how much I want it. The 360 is still expensive too. So I'll end up getting the Nintendo Wii first. =/ I assume this will probably be the same for alot of people..

How ya doing, buddy?
Stuff goes here~
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:31 PM #89 of 131
Originally Posted by Shonos
I know the Nintendo Wii has to sell alot just because of the low price. There's no way I can afford the PS3, no matter how much I want it. The 360 is still expensive too. So I'll end up getting the Nintendo Wii first. =/ I assume this will probably be the same for alot of people..

Yeah, also, none of the MAJOR games seemed to support PS3's controler's motion sensing capabilities. It definately doesn't seem like something they'll genuinly follow up on.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 09:31 AM #90 of 131
Originally Posted by WraithTwo
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/705/705607p1.html

Summary:
Squenix is backing the Wii with two new titles which will be announced later today. According to the post, the titles are suspected to be a Crystal Chronicles sequel and a new Dragon Quest for Wii.

Guess we'll know soon enough, but if the Wii is getting Dragon Quest, that is VERY good news indeed.

- WraithTwo -
Now THAT's a news. I only could guess Nintendo has won the license for FF CC and DQ, but it would be slim chance if the real FF series published in Wii. Sony wouldn't like that since they are shareholder of SE.

Dragon Quest? I'm just waiting for the soundtrack and symphonic suite, but that's clever move, many japanese would buy Wii only to play that game.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:54 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 08:54 PM #91 of 131
That's true, they do have a big secret to reveal. I can't fucking wait to see it.

I'm going to bet right here and now that the price of the system will be $249. Anyone else?
Shit dude, I wouldn't be surprised if they set it at $200. All signs are pointing towards N5 making Sony look retarded this generation.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:55 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 10:55 PM #92 of 131
Things are looking better for the Wii, true. I'm definitely pleased about the two new FF:CC games! Dragon Quest coming to the system is an interesting move, but I don't see it staying there, to be honest.

The Wii could win on price point alone, but where are the games? Outside of it's horrid price point, the PS3 still has FF, VF, Tekken, and MGS - games that, unlike Dragon Quest, sell in big numbers all over the world. I wonder what the third parties are going to show tomorrow?

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:56 PM #93 of 131
Especially after this bomb was dropped:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele...f/060509ae.pdf

No HDMI output on the base model
No Memory card slot on the base model
No Wi-Fi on the base model

Nice knowing ya, Sony.

Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:00 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 11:00 PM #94 of 131
Heh, I saw all that! Still, even with that large, gaping hole in their arsenal, it'll depend on the games. Unless the Wii is $200. Then, I'd say Sony has a uphill battle.

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 07:06 PM #95 of 131
I looking forward to both the Wii and the PS3, I will buy the Wii first as its cheaper and then buy the PS3 at a later year. Jesus, I better start saving up my money faster, so much stuff I want to buy are coming out!

FELIPE NO
Technophile

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:07 PM #96 of 131
Originally Posted by NoWittyComment
Things are looking better for the Wii, true. I'm definitely pleased about the two new FF:CC games! Dragon Quest coming to the system is an interesting move, but I don't see it staying there, to be honest.

The Wii could win on price point alone, but where are the games? Outside of it's horrid price point, the PS3 still has FF, VF, Tekken, and MGS - games that, unlike Dragon Quest, sell in big numbers all over the world. I wonder what the third parties are going to show tomorrow?

Well that's what tommorow's press conference is for. It seems like Wii's definately atracting a lot more 3rd parties than the GC though. I think it'll be treated by the 3rd party companies just like the DS is. Which is just great. Also, don't forget the AAA 1st party titles.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 10:22 AM #97 of 131
Zelda and FF CC would be good reason to buy Wii. Oh yeah, i wonder if third party publishers like Konami, Namco, and Typemoon will publish their franchises to Wii.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:27 PM #98 of 131
I think Sony failed when Squenix decided to have the KH team do a SEQUEL for an UNRELEASED Final Fantasy XIII.

Yeah guys, thanks for killing Sony *shot for being stupid*

Erhem, I don't think Sony is being very bright in the marketing department right now.

Most amazing jew boots
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 11:04 AM #99 of 131
Maybe because the CEO is a westerner now. you know, it's rare to see that westerners have top positions in japanese company

Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 12:35 AM Local time: May 9, 2006, 12:35 AM #100 of 131
Especially after this bomb was dropped:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele...f/060509ae.pdf

No HDMI output on the base model
No Memory card slot on the base model
No Wi-Fi on the base model

Nice knowing ya, Sony.
Ehh, many people probably won't even notice the difference. For your typical uneducated consumer, they'll see the $500 price point and won't care to "upgrade" their console. Really, it depends on if they care about unwired online play or have an HDMI connection on their HDTV (isn't the reason Nintendo isn't supporting HD formats because they say not enough people HAVE HDTVs to justify it? Of those, even less have HDMI ports on their HDTV, and since no other console offers that capability, it's not like they're losing customers because of it). Those things alone CERTAINLY aren't enough to throw the console back into third place if it was going to be poised to take the top spot.

With that said, these "basic" models and the Wii seem to focus on your typical consumer that isn't interested in the bells and whistles with their console. Most will still end up buying a console in order to play games, they don't care much about value or flexability. Nintendo would be smart to advertise the Wii as having "everything you need for a gaming experience". I'm sure many previous console owners have been burned when they found out they needed to buy a $30 just to save their games. Even a simple thing like saying "512MB of built in flash memory to save and download games!" would probably help the Wii's marketing.

As far as the Wii's "secrets", rumor has it that the controller has a speaker built into it. So for example, the sound of your gun firing in an FPS can be made from the controller itself instead of on your normal speakers. A neat little gimmick, gotta hand it to Nintendo to come up with an efficient feature like that which offers something unique without costing much to add (I mean how much does including a speaker into the controller cost? Maybe 25 cents?). I'm a bit worried that this means the chance of having a microphone on the controller is practically non-existant, though.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Pre-E3 Wii thread