Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Iraq from an insurgent sniper's POV...

Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:41 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 11:41 PM #1 of 8
Iraq from an insurgent sniper's POV...

http://tinyurl.com/y3wsam (If you can't view it, try opening a new window from that window that pops up. Otherwise you may have an overzealous firewall).

I have to say, this is quite disturbing, and for me, it doesn't really help move me to their cause at all. These guys are deliberately targeting US soldiers, and expect the US to just give up and let them do whatever. And at the same time they praise Allah.

Not that I'm trying to say "OMG Islam is teh Suq!", just that doing this only strengthens the resolve of staying in Iraq. I'd say if they wanted US troops out, they should just stop doing this stuff until the US pulls out (and hopefully we don't have to say there long), then they can turn their country into glass for all I care.

Do you think the insurgents targeting soldiers like this is helping or weakening their cause? There's always at least two sides to an argument, and I'd like to see what you think regarding it. Obviously the insurgents think that this will get the US to leave quicker, cause you know, Clinton pulled out of Somalia shortly after those soldiers were killed, and then the US pulled out of Beirut shortly after the Marine barracks got bombed. And you all know what happened to the Russians in Afghanistan, the US gave those "freedom fighters" stuff (like Stinger missiles) to ensure the Soviet Union had its "Vietnam" (not officially, but off the record I'm sure that's the main reason why the US did it), and now why all that stuff is also going on in Chechnya (cause again, the extremists figure 'well, it worked in Afghanistan, why not here?').

I can't wait till we find a cheap alternative to oil, so that the Middle East will once again have nothing we need (during the medieval era, it was the Crusades/Holy Land stuff, then Europeans discovered the New World, and decided to exploit that area instead. Then the Ottoman Empire fell apart, cause they couldn't/didn't want to catch up to those sea-based empires and slowly decayed away, and then sided with the wrong guys during WW1. Isn't learning history fun ). Then they can do whatever they want to themselves, while the rest of the world moves on without them.

How ya doing, buddy?
Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hope™

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:09 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 07:09 AM #2 of 8
It's helping their cause because military deaths and the subsequent media coverage of them turns the public against any war. If World War I or II was covered like Iraq and Vietnam, we wouldn't have been able to stay the course in those conflicts as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:19 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 10:19 PM #3 of 8
There were huge demonstrations all over the developed world upon the US government's announcement of an invasion.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:23 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 02:23 PM #4 of 8
I wasnt a supporter of US going to Iraq, but now that they're in, I'm a supporter of them staying. Leaving now would turn Iraq into one more extremist Islamic nation, and we don't really need that nowadays ...

Sadly, I just don't see how it can get better. First, because of the horrible situation over there of course, but also because of the pussy populations who want their "clean war" utopia.

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 01:40 PM #5 of 8
At this point we might as well just create a sovereign Kurdistan and leave the Sunnis and Shias to their own devices.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 05:39 PM #6 of 8
Originally Posted by Bradylama
At this point we might as well just create a sovereign Kurdistan and leave the Sunnis and Shias to their own devices.
Which is not going to do anything to make the Turks any happier about the situation.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:32 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 06:32 PM #7 of 8
Originally Posted by niki
I wasnt a supporter of US going to Iraq, but now that they're in, I'm a supporter of them staying. Leaving now would turn Iraq into one more extremist Islamic nation, and we don't really need that nowadays ...
I agree. Now that the U.S. has entered into this thing, they must make sure it is stable when they leave. At the same time, the costs will be large. When you invade countries, it takes a lot of resources to starighten things out. This is why countries generally do not support the invasion of countries. It just costs wayyy too much these days, and the rewards are very little to none at all.

Nations used to go to war because there was a large benefit for them in the end, such as money, resources, population, etc., Nowadays, it political, and sometimes arrogance.

FELIPE NO
BaronBee
Wark!

Member 282

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:34 PM #8 of 8
I agree with Night Phoenix on this one. The media coverage of the war, especially when the military is negatively portrayed, is yielding unrest concerning the war, throughout the world.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by The Wise Vivi
I agree. Now that the U.S. has entered into this thing, they must make sure it is stable when they leave. At the same time, the costs will be large. When you invade countries, it takes a lot of resources to starighten things out. This is why countries generally do not support the invasion of countries. It just costs wayyy too much these days, and the rewards are very little to none at all.

Nations used to go to war because there was a large benefit for them in the end, such as money, resources, population, etc., Nowadays, it political, and sometimes arrogance.
The quesiton is: How long will it take to create stability, furthermore, what kinds of changes will we have to make concerning policy and strategy to affect stability?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by BaronBee; Oct 19, 2006 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Iraq from an insurgent sniper's POV...