Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Tournament] 06-07 NHL Discussion Thread

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:52 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 08:52 PM #301 of 778
Post-jailbait?

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 10:02 PM #302 of 778
We just got rid of Cloutier, we don't need another one!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:14 AM #303 of 778
Originally Posted by Capo
Post-jailbait?
I don't like to throw stones Capo, but I think I'll hit you right between the eyes with this one.

FELIPE NO
FreeHooker
Cowan the Brabarian.

Member 14954

Level 7.46

Nov 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 02:34 AM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 11:34 PM #304 of 778
Originally Posted by Wojo
Yeah seriously come into chat. We could use another member to piss off the rest of the chatters while we talk hockey.

Also there are rumors that we were trading for Naslund some how. I have no fucking clue who the Pens would offer in return.
I'm somewhat confident those rumours were started in Vancouver, seeing how they involved Naslund + 1st + Defenseman for Malkin.

:lolsign:

What happened to the Sens today? I watched the game only to have a rare peek at the Caps, because on the West Coast we maybe get to watch them 3-4 times a year if we don't have Center Ice.

The Sens basically self-destructed in the third. Blown coverage left and right, lazy penalty after lazy penalty, and just no fight. Gotta love Spezza (Was it him?) pulling a Roger Neilson with the white towel hanging off the stick to protest the penalties, though.

I have to say, like everyone else, I tuned in for Oveckin's sake, only to be surprised by this kid, Semin. I knew he was good, but damn is he shifty. And WHAT a shot! But I don't mean to entirely discount Alex, as he made an incredible pass on the Caps' 5th goal for his third assist of the night. This team could be real strong in the future, like the Penguins. I see Washington having a more experienced as well as talented defense by then, though, so I may give them the nod over Pittsburgh. The only area lacking for Washington in the future is goaltending, so if they can improve that (Draft someone, NOW!), I'd give them the nod over Pittsburgh in regards to who will be better in the near future.

Sorry, Pen fans.

Oops, I just thought of a trade proposal! More of an idea actually. Would Washington be interested in Cory Schneider?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 02:56 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 01:56 AM #305 of 778
Originally Posted by Brent
BLAH BLAH BLAH VANCOUVER BLAH BLAH BLAH

FAGGOT WHALES. EAT IT BRENT.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 04:54 PM #306 of 778
the Sens played terribly, or so I hear, I couldn't watch the game because I had to study some of the most boring shit I've ever encountered. From what I was told, FreeHooker is right, we took stupid penalties and Spezza...well, he's Jason Spezza. I thought his attitude was improving with the whole shooting instead of dangling thing, but alas, he seems to have slipped back to the Jason of old. Besides, Washington it hot right now, aren't they? One of the better teams this year so far.

Most amazing jew boots

Baaah~
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 7, 2006, 08:09 PM #307 of 778
Apparently the Toronto Maple Losers have had enough of their current blue leaf (maybe thanks in part to not winning the Cup since switching from the vaunted greenies to the bumbling blues) and will be modernizing their logo in time for next season. No word yet on whether they're being smart and changing the color back to green.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FreeHooker
Cowan the Brabarian.

Member 14954

Level 7.46

Nov 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 02:57 AM Local time: Dec 7, 2006, 11:57 PM #308 of 778
I hate the Leafs so much. I hate Darcy Tucker even more. This 6 game winless streak has been one of the happiest periods of my life, even with the Canucks losing players as fast as [Insert joke here].

Has anyone seen the two TSN broadcasts with Chris Cuthbert and Glenn Healy calling the games from ice level between the two benches? First it was Buffalo @ NYR, then Ottawa @ Washington. I thought they were neat ideas, although some important stuff can be missed in the corners, or on the opposite side of the ice. On the other hand, it offers opportunities to spot subtle details that you can't see from high up. I guarantee they have a crew upstairs relaying info to them to ensure that they don't miss anything, anyways.

It was also pretty cool to see Cuthbert Standing literally a foot away from Ovechkin with Chris and Glenn cracking jokes about Alex.

Most amazing jew boots
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 08:18 AM #309 of 778
Your sig of the Sedin brothers is scaring the shit out of me.

Also another shootout loss for the Pens. They have been pissing me off lately.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Wojo; Dec 8, 2006 at 12:44 PM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:13 PM #310 of 778
At least they're getting points. And the East is close enough that they could slide in with a winning streak.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ronz
Good Chocobo

Member 240

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:37 PM #311 of 778
So the whole vote for rory thing is paying off:

Scott Niedermayer ; Anaheim 329,657
Nicklas Lidstrom ; Detroit 317,373
Chris Pronger Anaheim 219,372
Dion Phaneuf ; Calgary 208,945
*Rory Fitzpatrick ; Vancouver 144,819
Sergei Zubov ; Dallas 110,562
Mattias Ohlund ; Vancouver 110,146
Scott Hannan ; San Jose 108,757
Mathieu Schneider ; Detroit 88,449
Rob Blake ; Los Angeles 83,814
Robyn Regehr ; Calgary 77,205
John-Michael Liles ; Colorado 71,360
Lubomir Visnovsky ; Los Angeles 57,928

He could actually MAKE it at this rate. Everyone here better do you part and go vote for him.

Tonight's matchup between the Canes and Nucks should be an interesting one. The battle of two teams really trying to find themselves offensively. I just hope the CANES manage to find it quicker than the nucks. At least for tonight anyway.

Most amazing jew boots
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: Dec 8, 2006, 01:37 PM #312 of 778
Last week he got more votes than Lidstrom and Niedermayer too, with like 113,000 to their respective 109,000 and 96,000. It could happen!

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 8, 2006, 04:11 PM #313 of 778
I voted for Rory, twice! I do feel bad for the guy who won't be making the trip to Dallas because he stole the thunder (Zubov?) but he probably will go and get a hell of a cheer when he's announced.

FreeHooker
Cowan the Brabarian.

Member 14954

Level 7.46

Nov 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:29 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 04:29 PM #314 of 778
Nice to see the Canucks squeeze one out against Carolina last night. The score ended up 4-3 (OT). They jumped out to a 3-0 lead, only to have Carolina storm back in the third. Erik Cole basically put the team on his back (1 goal, 2 assists) and lead the 'Canes back in it. I definitely like to see that, because Cole is my favourite player in the whole league. I don't even own an F'ing Canucks jersey, but I'm sitting here typing with my Erik Cole jersey on.

In overtime, Scott Walker flipped the puck up and over the boards, with Daniel Sedin scoring on the ensuing powerplay. Henrik threaded a beautiful pass to Daniel, who found room in front of the net for the tap-in. Yannick Tremblay, who was called up from Manitoba a couple days ago added a goal and two assists in his first game as a Canuck (!).

Some of you might know the name, he was playing for the Thrashers before the lockout, but after playing in Europe for the lockout, decided to stay over there for another year before signing with the Canucks this summer. He has a pitiful career +/-, but many believe that is because of playing for the then-lowly (expansion) Thrashers.

Brendan Morrison added three assists, and the Canucks scored all four of their goals on the struggling powerplay. It was nice to see Morrison play well, he's really been struggling this year.

Interesting Facts:

-The Canucks are 11-1 against the Eastern Conference since the lockout, losing only to New Jersey last year.

-They are 6-0 in overtime this year, and 2-1 in shootouts.

Tonight should be a stellar night in the NHL. Concerning those here, Pittsburgh is playing Atlanta as I type, Detroit is in the first against Toronto, Vancouver visits Calgary at 7 pacific, and the NYR already downed Ottawa 3-1 today. Lundqvist was stellar, by all accounts.

Of interest to me is tonight's Anaheim @ Tampa Bay game. Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier are red hot, and Anaheim is Anaheim. It should be fun to watch, but I see Anaheim coming out with it due to Tampa's weak goaltending. For the sake of a 56-person hockey pool I'm in, lets hope Andy McDonald and Ryan Getzlaf have big nights.

Also, I see a good game coming tonight between Vancouver and Calgary, but all hands are pointing to the Flames to take it. The Canucks have a horrid divisional record (3-7-1), and the Flames have won 8 straight at home.

What games do you guys like tonight?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 06:40 PM #315 of 778
What a win for the Penguins in Atlanta. With only 4 minutes to go in regulation, the Thrashers tied it up, but no matter since Colby Armstrong was able to make a brilliant OT goal for the win. What a fun game to watch, especially when you have Mike Lange blaring from the radio.

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 07:03 AM #316 of 778
It was good that Detroit finally played Toronto, for the first time in over two years. And look, Detroit finally got something going on the powerplay, winning 5-1 with 5 powerplay goals.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:50 PM #317 of 778
Pens and Caps tonight. I hope I catch some of it.

Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:56 PM #318 of 778
Originally Posted by The Dopefish
Pens and Caps tonight. I hope I catch some of it.
I'm hoping to see a fight between Ruutu/Petrovicky/Thorburn and Donald Brashear.

They need to fuel the Caps and Pens rivalry back to the way it used to be.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 05:06 PM #319 of 778
Probably the most unsung rivalry in the NHL. All those playoff matches in the 90s...

FELIPE NO
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:04 PM #320 of 778
I'm watching the Pens/Caps game right now as "background noise" while studying. Which means, I've looked through only three pages in the past hour while intently watching the game.

Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:09 PM #321 of 778
God damn. That went from one of the worst games I've watched this season to one of the best games I've watched.

How the hell did we come back to win from a 4-0 deficit to win in SHOOT OUT nonetheless? What a great ending.

FreeHooker
Cowan the Brabarian.

Member 14954

Level 7.46

Nov 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:17 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2006, 07:17 PM #322 of 778
Originally Posted by Wojo
God damn. That went from one of the worst games I've watched this season to one of the best games I've watched.

How the hell did we come back to win from a 4-0 deficit to win in SHOOT OUT nonetheless? What a great ending.
And I'm sitting here practically crying because I wanted to watch it so bad.

Oh well, I'll wait for it to go up on NHL Google video.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:30 PM #323 of 778
I thought the game was pretty much over once Washington was up 3-0. That was a crazy comeback, and an exciting finish. Definitely glad I watched that.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:47 PM #324 of 778
I'm glad I ended up watching the game during the last ten minutes of the third period instead of the first ten of the first.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:06 PM #325 of 778
I'm starting to lose all respect I had for John Leclair. Jonny boy didn't take his AHL assignment and is now just sitting at home collecting a paycheck. He really needs to man up and retire. He's useless in the new NHL.

What I heard is that with the new CBA, you can suspend a player without pay if they do not take their minor league assignment. I'm sure thats what Shero will do but everyone knows it'll cause some uneasiness within the league.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Tournament] 06-07 NHL Discussion Thread