Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Rockman EXE (Gba)

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:28 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 06:28 PM #1 of 23
Arrow Rockman EXE (Gba)

Does nobody play this series in the entire GFF? I swear I have used the search feature.

Just recently the english versions of Rockman Exe 6 have been out already. What do you think about the lates series of this game? I love this game much better than original rockman, I'm bit sad because this is the last game of Rockman EXE series actually.

I havent played too far though, because I'm suck when entering the dungeons. >_>

Jam it back in, in the dark.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 02:28 PM #2 of 23
I've actually heard a lot of complaints that Capcom cut out a sizeable chunk of the latter portion of the game (not the MAIN game but primarily the replayable parts of it). Anything having to do with the Boktai crossover is supposedly cut from the game, so Undernet 3 is gone (since it leads to the graveyard), the Navi Graveyard itself is gone (which is where you encounter Django and Otenko), and the "Immortal" area where you actually do battle with the count is also gone. Also, i'd heard that all battle chips having to do with the Boktai crossover with the exception of the GunDelSol chip are also gone. In retrospect it kind of sucks because EXE6 now only has 17 net areas total - equal to (I THINK) MMBN2. And biggest draw to many of the EXE series regardless of its faults has always been its replayability. I suppose the reasons are that at this stage few people would actually play the crossover parts, but I dunno what Capcom is thinking really.

I'm glad I didnt buy BN5 because I plan on getting the DS version that has both games and my guess is that they may end up doing it with 6 too. Knowing Capcom I really would not be surprised. =\

Battle networks 1-3 are the best IMO. Network Transmission is also fun but sweet chiba it is UNNECESARILY hard and slow. BC Challenge is garbage and BN4 is probably what turned a lot of people off of the series. IMO its the worst of the lot. Whoever thought it was a good idea to split the entire game into 3 consecutive playthroughs was a moron. I havent played BN5 like I said, but while I heard that it was better I also heard that a lot of people werent keen on the liberation missions.

All in all its a fun series (doesnt quite stand up to X - which hit its nadir at 6 -or the sadly ignored Classic) but Capcom introduced way too many faults into I think. They got cocky after the success of 3 when they tried to imitate Pokemon in terms of release and almost ruined the series IMO. The overall concept of the series however is PERFECT for the DS - trading and online stuff and network battles and the whole internet motif. So since a new take on the series has been announced for the DS I'm curious to see what they will do and how the game will work now that its actually on a handheld that is actually online.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:42 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 01:42 PM #3 of 23
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this, but the EXE series has some of the worst sounding music in all of the Megaman series. I don't get how alot of the music from the Megaman Zero series sound excellent, but the music from the EXE series can be so annoying. Being that they are both on the GBA (I know the EXE series is moving onto the DS.), I just don't get it, especially since the music from the Megaman series is usually really nice.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 02:55 PM #4 of 23
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this, but the EXE series has some of the worst sounding music in all of the Megaman series. I don't get how alot of the music from the Megaman Zero series sound excellent, but the music from the EXE series can be so annoying. Being that they are both on the GBA (I know the EXE series is moving onto the DS.), I just don't get it, especially since the music from the Megaman series is usually really nice.

Again - I gotta harken back to 1-3. The tunes are fun, have some good melodies, stay upbeat and sound pretty decent.

At BC Challenge however is when the musical quality plummets. I think it's similar to what happened with Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. The look of the series on screen changed and the visual processing power went into overdrive making the graphics crisp and colorful - at the expense of the audio processing power which made it sound tinny and wrong. IMO 4 is bar none the worst EXE soundtrack and coming hot off of 3 made it an even bigger dissapointment. 4.5 had some remixes from classic sprinkled about, but they were so short that it was more dissapointing than anything. =\ 5 wasnt really much better than 4 to be honest, however 5 DS makes 5 GBA sound like utter crap. The music is SO MUCH better on the DS. 6 was a big step up from 4 and 5 IMO, but I'm guessing that if a DS version is done it'll make the GBA version sound like poo-poo also.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
MurraySkull
Syklis Green

Member 925

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 06:59 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 03:59 PM #5 of 23
I liked the soundtrack of 4 better than 6(gotta love the Duo battle!)
I just got 6 for my birthday and have checked out the .GSFs and I was not impressed.
There is no denying that 2 has the best soundtrack.

Also, the Graveyard is still in 6(where fight the RV Navis as well as Bass SP)

How ya doing, buddy?
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 06:34 PM #6 of 23
I found the tournament theme in 4 to be real nice

But I'll have to say, my favorites were 2 and 3, by far. Next goes 1, and maybe 5, but 4 sucked so much it's sad.

Haven't gotten to playing 6 yet, but I heard good stuff about the japanese one (being similar to 3 in some aspects, and such), but if the replayability levels are so low, I might end up tossing it aside.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Vibrate
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:27 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 01:27 AM #7 of 23
Almost completed BN6. I've also played 3, 4 and 5. I reckon 3 was the best, closely followed by 5. The music is generally good, especially the main theme of 3, 5 and 6 and the music in Secret Area from BN3.

Spoiler:
It seems a shame that there won't be any more BN games as I really enjoyed the series with all its quirks. Lan getting married and having a child is a nice way to conclude the series in such a way that would make a sequel improbable, although they could always continue from events immediately after BN6. On a side note, i'm wondering why they recycled the boss from BN2 (Griega is essentially Bass in his true form from BN2).

FELIPE NO
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:10 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 03:10 PM #8 of 23
Originally Posted by Lizardcommando
Really? To be honest I like Rockman EXE soundtracks much much better than original ones. I like EXE 3 ending the best, and the soundtrack of the 6 for the best one (love the main theme!)

Oh yeah, is there any chance this 6th installment will be ported in DS? I really like to listen the music in DS sound driver.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:03 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 04:03 PM #9 of 23
It was mentioned somewhere on the web that a DS version is in the making. It would be a compilation of both games like they did with EXE5-DS. Would be cool if it we're Wi-Fi compatible, i'm dying for online battle.
There's a OST out with the music from EXE5-DS and EXE6 but doesn't hold the complete soundtrack which sucks a bit. Guess they release it later, who knows. Personally I didn't like the DS music at all. It wasn't bad but if you compare the music with EXE5 GBA then you can clearly notice that they scrapped a few instruments out of the background music for most tracks. I did like the redone battle themes for each EXE game

Did you know it's already Rockman's 20th Anniversary? Time really flies. Capcom put up a special page which shows a nice art piece of the hero in the new Rockman game:

They mentioned Rockman isn't available in his Navi form. Some other shots revealed red eyes on the buster of Rockman making it look alive pretty much... I bet that's him now. Maybe the hero's companion in his non-transformed form is a robot dog, pretty much like Rush. Who knows, next month's CoroCoro will tell
The website Atomic Fire has more on this. Read more about it here and here

EDIT: This is the shot I was talking about

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!

Last edited by ApOcaLyPSe_1985; Jun 21, 2006 at 09:17 AM.
eriol33

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:24 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 09:24 PM #10 of 23
yeah, I know about the OST. Actually I made a review here
maybe you could add some comments?

Anyway, I like the next generation of exe series. I could assume navis and human live together in normal world. I saw some screenshot where the operator actually the navi itself (cross fusion?). I wonder If he is Netto's son or... perhaps he's Site? =p

EDIT: This is much2 better than the new ZX series :biggrin:

Last edited by eriol33; Jun 21, 2006 at 09:30 AM.
ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:48 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 05:48 PM #11 of 23
In the CoroCoro they showed the new hero with the faces of Rockman and Netto in the sky so I guess he could be his son. His appearance resembles Netto quite alot. I don't like the whole Power Ranger thing though, the whole operator/team work feeling would be taken away. Maybe the next issue of CoroCoro clears things up

Quote:
yeah, I know about the OST. Actually I made a review here
maybe you could add some comments?
done

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 06:19 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 05:19 PM #12 of 23
I liked the original game, but they started adding too many elements for my taste in EXE2. I've played some of 2, 3, and 5DS, but never got sucked into it like I did with the original.

Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 05:49 PM #13 of 23
6 so far is real good. The Beast outs and the Cross system are something that add a nice taste to the gameplay. While it isn't that good in the story department, it's still interesting.

I would like to see the Graveyard, though...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vibrate
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 07:33 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 12:33 AM #14 of 23
I have just visited the Graveyard ^_^. It's dangerous though. I'm just glad there are other things to do after beating the main boss although I wish there was some way of turning off that bloody awful "disaster" music that keeps on playing.

Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 02:46 AM #15 of 23
Hey... MMBN 4-6 is worst and was hardest for me to get ajusted to the soul. THen maybe P.A combo since you can only use that once from 5th. More then 50% of battle chips required chip trader which was pain in my ass. When ever I got a right chip, wrong code.

MMBN 1-3 had some sort of storyline to go along, while 4 and up is more of just finding boss and kiling it. IDK, but I found that net areas introduced from 4-5 was more of an "dungeon" rather then areas.

Well Capcom needs new baddie, I am sick tired of the chain-link of Dr.Willy. Like C'mon, everything so far was related to Dr.Willy. And not to mention on 6th he comes back. Pff I am glad that this is end of MMBN, but hell they could ended it peacefully way back in 2003.

FELIPE NO
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 03:23 PM #16 of 23
I've played the first 2 MMBN series, and I enjoyed them very much. The 3rd one however...well...I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. I feel that they lowered the power of the navi chips in the 3rd one.

If you're looking for someone to talk to about this, then talk to Rockman (not the actual character, the member here at GFF). As far as I know, he's played all of the Battle Networks up to 5.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 08:27 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 11:27 AM #17 of 23
I've always been a fan of the Rockman EXE series. My favourite game would have to be the 2nd, because I think it has the best storyline and the best music. I wish they would've revived Gospel as being the antagonist of another EXE game, not just the one. I was always a fan of the WWW, though, so it was nice seeing them return in EXE 6. I think Nebula was a good antagonist group, just not as good as the other two.

Anyway, onto my main expertise in video games, the music. For a RPG GBA series, Rockman EXE has some pretty nice tunes. If only all of them were redone for the DS; the quality of EXE 5 DS's music still shocks me. My favourite tune of all time is "Sky Travel" from EXE 2. Again, I can't believe no one has remixed (hardly) any song from this series, they really are begging to be redone, and to have a significant incrrease in sound quality.

Overall, the Rockman EXE series is my favourite series on the GBA (sorry, Golden Sun. Speaking of Golden Sun, whatever happened to talk of a remake..?)

Last edited by Muzza; Jul 1, 2006 at 08:30 PM.
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 05:45 AM #18 of 23
You know, this is Capcom we are talking about. They always rush their games and all of their games becomes POS [if it is in long serise] after first couple.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 06:52 PM #19 of 23
I dont think I'll buy 6 for the gba cause Capcom will probably make it for the DS - having a nice remixed OST and what not.

As for the new EXE series..I guess that will be great. Though i was hoping Capcom would just focus on something else for a change. I'm not sure about this new kid being Netto's kid. We still see Netto and Rockman young. Unless thats just there for show and we'll see him older in some upcoming trailer.

The whole megaman series from original to ZX is getting kinda interesting . I thought ZX was going to flop for Famitsu but they gave it a fair score o.o.

Its not that its being rushed..Its kinda getting annoying cause so many questions for each arc (Megaman, Megaman X, Zero, Legends) are being held up =/. Still .. No third installment for Rockman Dash/Legends.

Rockman
アイス ペガサス

Member 55

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2006, 06:55 PM #20 of 23
Originally Posted by SuperSonic
As far as I know, he's played all of the Battle Networks up to 5.
I've played all the Japanese Versions up to EXE6 actually.

Through collecting various things like Battle Chips, Gates, Card e-Reader + Cards, Guidebooks, etc. I'm finally glad to see the series end. It's almost like the Rockman games for the NES, a generation of games ended on that 6th one for that console (discluding Rockman 7 and the later games). I have to say my favorite was probably EXE5. I liked the characters on the teams and the Liberate Missions, I liked the Dark Chip storyline though EXE4 had a terrible beginning to that with the multiple playthroughs. It's also been fun ripping the music, especially for EXE4, EXE5DS, and EXE6. I never bothered to do a rip for EXE5 since I heard about the 4&4.5&5 Music Collection in late December 2004. It was a nice series while it lasted, I've also enjoyed the Bokura no Taiyou references and elements to EXE4~6 especially Crossover Battle 1 & 2 for Rockman EXE5 and Rockman EXE6.

I'll most likely be importing Shinsei Rockman ZN from NCS. Hopefully it'll have features like GBA slot bonuses like EXE5DS and the so called "W Gate". The only problem I'll have is the fact of the Special Chip Transmission Data, if they'll have any Battle Chips that rely on WiFi Data at certain Capcom Events. I won't be able to easily obtain them like I've been doing through Yahoo Auctions. I have everything besides Duo, I might win him very soon on YJ. Also on a side note, my avatar is LordOfChaos X's chip picture with Forte and NebulaGray in the back of Forte. The scan was taken from the actual Special Chip Transmission Card shown above from the first page of my Modification Card Collection for EXE5. Meh, I also have to retake some photos for EXE5's first and second page. Put in some more Modification Cards and spaced things out a little for when I get more of the Promotionals I'm missing in there.

I'm also getting the last two Special Chip Transmission Cards that just released for 6. My Deputy auction service made a mistake with shipping it seems and I wasn't able to get them yesterday or Friday. Hopefully I get them tomorrow without them being damaged. They wanted $2.94 for the invoice, it seems kinda off from Priority Mail like I requested in the form. I email them yesterday, the next morning I get an reply back with them saying it'll be in Media Mail. I'm only hoping nothing is damaged, I have a Colonel Edition Progress Chip Gate in there I won for cheap.

As for Shinsei Rockman ZN, I'm looking forward to WiFi battling. Something you weren't able to do with EXE5DS. I wonder what changes will be present with the DS' full power instead of just a simple GBA port over with suped up music and bonuses. Hopefully it's a bang.

Rockman ZX should be exciting as well. I'm getting it Friday I believe, hopefully there might be some bonus by putting in the older Zero series games in the GBA Slot of the DS.

Last edited by Rockman; Jul 2, 2006 at 07:09 PM.
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Jul 2, 2006, 11:28 PM #21 of 23
Holy shit. Rockman just made everyone look pathethic with their attempts at being a fanboy.

I salute you, sir.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vibrate
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 04:26 AM #22 of 23
ah...ha.... I found this folating on the web while I was searching some info on Mega Man ZN. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Sc2...kman%20Rebirth

Rockman
アイス ペガサス

Member 55

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 04:44 PM #23 of 23
http://www.mininova.org/tor/359524

I extracted the ISO image straight from the Rockman ZX Special DVD when I got it Thursday. Watch it in HQ on a DVD Player, it also seems the DVD comes Region Free.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Rockman EXE (Gba)