Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The All-Inclusive Upcoming RPG Anticipation/Discussion Thread

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 02:48 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 01:48 PM #1 of 44
The All-Inclusive Upcoming RPG Anticipation/Discussion Thread

I haven't bought a new game in a few months. I think the titles that have been coming out have been pathetic and sort of bland. Now, we see Mother 3 screens, the Tales of Phantasia port is coming out, the new Shadow Hearts title, Kingdom Hearts II (I'm iffy on this one) and a ton of other stuff. I'm happy. You happy?

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:07 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:07 PM #2 of 44
It's a pretty good time to be in RPGs. I'm really anticipated by Shadow Hearts 3, since I loved the second one so much. I really hope that it lives up to it's predecessor. Don't forget Suikoden V, which isn't confirmed yet, but it's supposed to come out near the end of this month. It's getting rather good critics in Japan, especially compared to IV, so I'm hyped about it (and it's the Faleena kingdom, who wouldn't like that).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:10 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 02:10 PM #3 of 44
I'm actually not too hyped for V. I haven't really liked a Suikoden game since II. They've let me down every single time, so I don't think I'll even bother with this one. The second that game got mainstream success, it got horrible.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:29 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 09:29 PM #4 of 44
Definitely an awesome time for RPG's in these next few months. Shame it's all coming at once after having like no RPG's for about a year. Well, no decent ones. The ones i'm looking forward to the most are Tales of Legendia, Grandia III, Baten Kaitos II, Shadow Hearts:From The New World, FFXII, and KHII. I'm gonna need alot of money me thinks

Most amazing jew boots

Cheers B4!
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:35 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 01:35 PM #5 of 44
Originally Posted by Denicalis
I'm actually not too hyped for V. I haven't really liked a Suikoden game since II. They've let me down every single time, so I don't think I'll even bother with this one. The second that game got mainstream success, it got horrible.
I've heard too many good things about Suikoden V, though. III and IV were pretty bland, I thought, but weren't horrible games outright. Suikoden V, from the few screens and movies I've seen, seems to feel like a pre-Suikoden III game, which I am extremely happy to see.

It's the game I'm looking forward to most, I suppose, other than perhaps Mother III.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 03:35 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 10:35 PM #6 of 44
I really hope that they'll give Shadow Hearts 3 a PAL release date sometime soon (if it even gets released here, since there hasn't been any news about it). If not, I'll just have to use illegal ways to get my hands on it.

As for Suikoden V, I'm pretty hyped, since it already looks like a huge improvement from IV (atleast the hero doesn't look like a douche). I'm also probably one of the only people who liked the third game (except for the Trinity System, way too slow), so I haven't written the series of yet.

I'm curious, have you tried Tactis? I know you are a huge fan of FFT, so strategy games might be your interest. I've only been in it for a few hours, but it already has more of the whole pirate atmosphere that I wanted to see in IV.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
katchum
VGM forever!

Member 180

Level 35.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 11:25 PM #7 of 44
Is Disgaea somewhere near FFT?

FELIPE NO
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 04:42 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:42 AM #8 of 44
I play now Tales of Legandia and Grandia III are verygood games

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Daedalus Ikari
Wark!

Member 440

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 05:46 PM #9 of 44
Originally Posted by katchum
Is Disgaea somewhere near FFT?
It's FF Tactics. On acid. In hell.
I myself have it way high on my list of favorite games. :P

Wow. i didn't even know they had a Tales of Phantasia port in production! =O
When is it due out? What console? or should i just save myself time and google it?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ShadowScythe
Falcon Hunter

Member 646

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:11 PM #10 of 44
omfg i'm waiting for about a million games right now...*sighs*
my poor poor wallet...o well ^^;;

i really wish capcom would stop screwing around with Phoenix Wright and just put it on the ds like they did for the first one...*sighs*...instead of putting it on a goddamn phone...and only for VERIZON users to boot...>.<...

Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:35 PM #11 of 44
I'm really excited about Mother 3 and Shadow Hearts III more than anything. I'll definitly be getting the new Shadow Hearts this month. As for Mother 3, I'm going to try my best to not download the Japanese rom and play it without knowing what the fuck is going on.

Of course, I am looking forward to Elder Scrolls IV as well. I've been eager for it's release ever since I heard it was in development. Luckily my computer will be able to run it no problem. I was a little worried my specs would be underpar but I have just the right equipment to run it at a normal graphic setting.

And who could forget about Suikoden V? I don't even need to say the reason's why I'm buying this gem.

All and all, I'm glad I have something in terms of games to be excited about for the next few months.

Oh shit.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:03 PM #12 of 44
I'm not sure that it is a good time for RPG's. The only 9 out of 10 or higher RPG that came out in the last 6 years (that is not a remake) is Dragon Quest 8. Haven't seen much else that's great.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:27 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 07:27 PM #13 of 44
Legendia and Grandia III came out virtually the same month. 2 great ones.

Since I'm playing Legendia, I'm looking forward to KH2 and Shadow Hearts 3. While not on the pinnacle of greatness, fun this couple of months is enlarged.

Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:36 PM #14 of 44
Is Legendia part of Legend of Legaia series or is that incorrect?

Chaco
Pirate Day

Member 766

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:50 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2006, 06:50 PM #15 of 44
Shadow Hearts 2 sucked. I couldn't stand its WWII theme or it's disgustingly confusing battle system. But that's just me, A lot of people liked it.

And Legendia I think is Tales of Legendia, so its a Tales series not Legaia.

With Wild Arms 4/CodeF, Grandia III and ToL already out and with KHII and Suikoden V and FFXII on the horizon I have a bit of catching up to do.

How ya doing, buddy?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:55 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:55 AM #16 of 44
Originally Posted by Borg1982
I'm not sure that it is a good time for RPG's. The only 9 out of 10 or higher RPG that came out in the last 6 years (that is not a remake) is Dragon Quest 8. Haven't seen much else that's great.
Just because reviewers don't give a game a 9/10, doens't mean that no good games come out. I loved some more recent releases, like Digital Devil Saga, which already ranks pretty high among my favourites, but I personally don't have any interest in DQ8, even if it's supposedly one of the best games in the last years. I tend not to look at review scores anyway.

Legendia is a part of the tales series, like Tales of Phantasia, Destiny or Eternia. The Legaia series only had two games, and I don't think that we'll see another one of those.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:58 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:58 PM #17 of 44
With all of these RPGs being released, re-released, and getting sequels....

WHERE IS MY LEGEND OF DRAGOON SEQUEL YOU BASTARDS!

Seriously. ; ;

But it is a great time for RPGs. Grandia 3, Dragon Quest 8, Tales of Legendia...those are my top 3 out of what, 7 that have been released in the past 4 months?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 12:14 PM #18 of 44
Don't forget about Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Silmeria now. It looks like the last disc in my PS2 right now is VP. I'm approximately 50%-60% done at just the beginning of chapter 5, and I doubt I'll be able to get the A ending this time around on medium difficultly.

I'm not all that drawn into other RPGs at this moment, considering I have a mountain of old PS1 RPGs to get through, but FFXII also tops the list. Yes, I'm happy, even though it looks like FFXII is out probably summer or late fall for the North American release, and I'm not too sure where VP2's release date stands for us as well.

- What we all do best -
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:47 AM #19 of 44
It'll still be a while before we see the VP sequel, this thread is mostly for the RPG's coming up in the next few months. It's not even sure yet if the game will receive a US release date, I believe.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:14 PM #20 of 44
It is an awesome time. Honestly, I haven't played out an RPG since Tales of Symphonia, and I'm pretty hyped for Kingdom Hearts II. It also comes at a time when I'll be done with a lot of this semester's heavy schoolwork load, leaving me with plenty of slacking-off time for this, my final semester of college.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:26 AM #21 of 44
I still have trouble adjusting to some of these new age console rpgs. I think the last one that I truly played and enjoyed was Star Ocean III. I tried out Shadow Hearts 2, and plan on Kingdom Hearts II but I still think I prefer the old school simple graphics.

Although the PSX era of RPGS for me was probably the best. Yes, I enjoyed FF8, and even 9.

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:07 PM #22 of 44
Originally Posted by Enkidu
Just because reviewers don't give a game a 9/10, doens't mean that no good games come out.
It is indeed a great time for RPG's. Also, Disgaea 2 is on the horizon, which I kind of group with rpg's. I had forgotten about Wild Arms 4; might pick that up. Will definitely pick up Shadow Hearts 3. I'm playing 1 now, and it's definitley in my top 5 of all time.

Jarllax
Carob Nut

Member 968

Level 4.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:43 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:43 PM #23 of 44
Ok so I am currently "in between" jobs after a 3 month contract programming job and am looking for a good game to keep me occupied while bored.

What I was wondering is if Grandia 3 would be a good game for me. As far as other RPGs go I've played and loved all the FF games, most of the Breath of Fire games and Star Wars KotOR. Would Grandia 3 fit my game style perhaps?

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:07 PM #24 of 44
Check the Grandia Appreciation thread for opinions about Grandia 3. ^_^ It's in this same forum.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:36 PM #25 of 44
This is a great time for RPGs. I'm especially waiting for KHII. The first game was so good that it left me yearning for more. I hope KHII has the same effect on me. I can't till it comes out.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > The All-Inclusive Upcoming RPG Anticipation/Discussion Thread