Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

NoMaD
Wark!

Member 1078

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 10:00 AM #26 of 1626
I recently bought Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper for PC. Still got much to do on it like beat the Wei campaign, get the other remaining officers, (Perhaps beef them all up as well) get all their Level 10 weapons and unlock all the stages.

Still chugs like crap with all settings on full with my now outdated geForce 4 Ti 4200 graphics card. Has anyone gotten it to run on full settings?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by NoMaD; Mar 3, 2006 at 07:05 PM.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:45 PM #27 of 1626
@Ekon - At least you have a good place to get SNES games... I've been dying to get Super Mario RPG for a long ass time now...

Anyway... I've gotten...

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - I love how the balance in this game was completely annihilated and how strong your people can get. I've only gotten two of the endings, but it's still a great game to boot. This will defenitely get me in to tactics games again.

Dark Cloud 2 - Managed to snag a new copy. I haven't gotten very far in it, but i'm loving what i'm playing right now. It's so much fun.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 09:58 PM #28 of 1626
Age of Empires DS - It's a fun game. The music, and most of the sound effects are ported from the 2nd Age of Empires, for the PC. Overall, it's like playing Advance Wars.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:10 AM #29 of 1626
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Mostly because I got going in a discussion with someone about it on a message board, and she cracked me up by saying that for her, The Two Thrones might as well have been called "Assassin of Calimport: Artie Slits Some Throats". (Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.) So I had to start playing the series, heh.

Most amazing jew boots

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
jRev
XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG XP FLAG

Member 610

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:03 PM #30 of 1626
Galactic Civilizations II. It's like all the things I liked about PC gaming in the past rolled into one: flexible turn-based gameplay, randomly generated boards, no ridiculous compromises for a console port and writing that isn't afraid to sneak in a little humor. Writing with personality, in other words.

Add to this a whole lot of customization options, great graphics, online distribution and no annoying copy protection crap to detract from the experience. All they need to do is resolve some balance and interface bugs and it'll be close to perfect.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 01:30 AM #31 of 1626
I also bought Fable: The Lost Chapters for PC, as well as Tales of Legendia.

I'm a huge fan of the Tales series, and just had to have Legendia [though I really wish Namco would go ahead and release Tales of the Abyss. :P]... As for Fable, I needed a good PC game to play on my new system. Heh.

FELIPE NO
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:18 AM #32 of 1626
Silent Hill 2 for PS2. This probably marks the third time I've purchased this now after having bought the Xbox version twice and ultimately selling both copies with 2 machines.

I've never actually completed the game before since I lost the drive to do so when an idiot former admin at another forum I visit spoiled the ending in a forum description heading. With the movie on the horizon though my interest in the SH titles, 2 in particular, is at a high so I figured I'd drop $8 for a copy and finally finish it.

Most amazing jew boots
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:09 PM #33 of 1626
@T1249NTSCJ

It looks like your post disappeared from this thread for reasons unknown, but I did play Sims 2 Open for Business for longer yesterday and today, so now I am able to form a better opinion of the expansion.

I think it's pretty cool. Starting your own business has a kinda tough learning curve, but once you get into the swing of things, it's great. If your neighbourhood has lots of kids, I'd highly recommend this, as you can now make lots of new toys with the crafting workshop. The base game had a pathetic amount of stuff for kids to do, and it irked me somewhat. Now they can play with pet bricks, sell lemonade, have more interactions with adults, fly kites, play with clown-in-boxes, and more.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:36 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 08:36 PM #34 of 1626
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition - Had a hell of a time getting this one. I set out to visit three of my local EBGames/Gamestop's. The first one in the mall, I asked the guy, and he looked at me as if he had never heard of the game before, so when I ask about Metal Gear Saga, he obviously knows shit.
I promptly leave that hole, and head to the EBGames down the street, I confront the guy, and after an explaination as to what Subsistence even is, the clerk punches it out on the computer, and proceeds to lecture me on how they are so rare, and it will become impossible to pre-order the damn thing - Hmmm, so let me get this straight, I come in and have to explain what Subsistence even is, and you come back telling me that it's a rare game that I'm not going to be able to order? Right.
I lastly arrive to a GameStop with a terrible parking lot that could maybe fit 10 cars maximum for the whole three stores in the "shopping centre". I come in, and after asking to preorder Subsistence, he gives me a little puzzled look, and then again punches it in on the computer. He responds with AMAZING newfound knowledge that they had, "Recieved a call not to let any more pre-orders for the game." Hmm. Now, all of these stores also had no idea what Metal Gear Saga was, so I, being ridiculously frustrated, head home, open up my browser, and a pre-order for Subsistence is glowing clear as day on the home page of both EbGames.com and Gamestop.com...
I'm done with retail stores - FOREVER.

Love it.
SonicEchidna
Victory is mine!

Member 93

Level 9.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:24 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:24 AM #35 of 1626
Burnout Revenge

Awesome game. Admittedly I don't buy games as often as I did this time last year, so this was really my first purchase in quite a long time.

So yeah, the game kicks ass. It's way faster than Burnout 3, which in my opinion, didn't really seem possible, and is EXTREMELY addictive.

Also bought at a very cheap price. £19.99 from GAME. Bargain!

"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch."
- Stewie Griffin
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 07:20 PM #36 of 1626
Originally Posted by Ekon
I was feeling a bit nostalgic so I went down to this old mom & pop style gaming shop and bought myself a few snes games
  • Final Fantasy 2(U.S.)
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Super Mario World
  • Mario Kart
  • Illusion of Gaia

Never beat CT or Gaia, not sure if I'll get around to beating them this time but I like having the original carts again =)

Also went out and bought Kingdom Hearts since I needed another rpg to play on ps2 and since KH2 is coming out soon as well
CT? That cart is supposed to be expensive. Does the battery backup still work? It's funny how small time stores don't know the value of the classics.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jin
Syklis Green

Member 383

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 06:22 PM #37 of 1626
Resident Evil 4 for my PS2. I had to save my money since most of my cash goes into my fighting career. So once I had enough money saved up, I went out and bought it. I'm pretty happy with the game, I mostly play the mercenaries mini game more than the actual game itself. But the game is pretty good, now if I could only have more time to play it instead of going to the gym to train.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:05 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:05 PM #38 of 1626
Yesterday when i was in town i bought BLACK and The Sims 2 Open For Business

Both quite good and only got them for £5.20! I part exchanged 7 games for BLACK so i got £30 off that and i had two HMV vouchers so i used them for The Sims 2 so i got that completely free.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Cheers B4!
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:37 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:37 AM #39 of 1626
I got Radiata Stories a couple months ago. With a fair amount of gaming news coverage and seemingly encouraging reviews, I bit the bullet and got it on sale. I tried playing through it and invested a couple of hours but I really could not stand the damn peppiness of the entire game. Why is it so happy?! My brain cannot compute. The battle system is relatively fun and the graphics are nice but is it just me or is the bumbling foolish hero genre totally played out. Because 1 mission into the game, I wanted to fucking drop kick Jack like the dog he was named after. I'll probably sell it, or play it drunk because the bright colors are pretty enticing.

FELIPE NO
Akai-chan
Firebrand

Member 685

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 07:17 PM #40 of 1626
I picked up Super Princess Peach and Drill Dozer the other day...Super Princess Peach, though easy, is a lot of fun to play, and Drill Dozer is insanely cute and addicting...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 12:32 AM #41 of 1626
I got the 'Aeon Flux' game today for the XBOX. I paid $25 for it. I'm about half way through the second level. The game is quite good. One of the better movie based video games. I haven't seen the movie, so I can't compare the two. Charlize Theron does the voice for the Aeon Flux character. She does a good enough job, but it sounds like she is really board with everything.

xman25

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by xman25; Mar 9, 2006 at 01:39 AM.
PKO
!

Member 656

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:48 PM #42 of 1626
I was contemplating whether to buy the Dreamcast version of Radirgy or the upcoming Gamecube version; I like the DC controllers better but I just went with the GCN version and pre-ordered that from Play-Asia. I really I haven't truly purchased it yet but I almost, never buy games anymore so yeah, it was something.

Formerly Zero-Fate
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:24 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 04:24 PM #43 of 1626
I got some neat stuff at a flea market this morning. FLEAS LOLHAHANO.

Pilotwings, F-Zero and Final Fight. Super Famicom versions. =o All I need now is an Action Replay of some sort.

F-Zero even has the same comic included in the US/PAL versions, still in English. Final Fight came with this bit of Capcom junk, with really nice art of 'upcoming games' such as Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Breath of Fire 2, Alladin and various Rockman games.

I also got Ghost House and Lemmings on Master System. Master System Lemmings still being the best home console version around. Ghost House was bought.. because.. it was a dollar. It's not a very good game, you walk around and punch bats all day. But the instruction manual is LOADED with Engrish, which was well worth the massive asking price.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:29 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 11:29 PM #44 of 1626
Haha, that's an awesome little pickup. Throw in Super Mario World and you have the full collection of SNES launch titles. And with all the original packaging, that must have cost a fortune.

How ya doing, buddy?
and Brandy does her best to understand
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 05:02 PM #45 of 1626
Five bucks each. ='D The best part is the same guy was selling a bunch of common NES games in really crappy condition (labels torn, carts cracked and chipped) right next to these, for ten bucks each.

I was speaking idiomatically.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:42 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:42 AM #46 of 1626
I bought, last week: MKD2: Armegeddon, God of War, and Shadow Hearts: From the New World all for PS2.

I had read about MDK2 again in the forums here, and I really enjoyed the usually Shiny quirkiness of MDK. I found it at Gamestop used for $4.99, so why not? Also, as I bought it I said "Oh and do you have God of War?" because I had seen it was $20 now. They pulled out a used copy, which looked to be in good condition so I went with it. So, I got God of War and MDK2 for the same price as God of War would have been alone, with my gamer discount card. Bargain gamer strikes again! :biggrin:

I will not play Shadow Hearts 3 until probably 2007. Playing SH1 now; I just picked it up because of the ridiculous scarcity/price of SH1 on Ebay, and complete scarcity in regular game stores...

Next, I'm thinking about hitting up pawn shops. It might be fun to get a Genesis with some games, and build up my SNES/PS1 collection for cheap if possible.

How ya doing, buddy?
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 07:39 PM #47 of 1626
I picked up God of War and Ace Combat 5 today.

I went to EB, intent on looking for for only AC5, a series I have never played before. They had one copy left, the case was old and used. I asked if that was actually a new copy, and the girl replied "yes." I said, "...it doesn't look new." And she replied, "It's just the display case."

I was like, "No." I told her I might come back when they get more copies in stock.

I hate EB. They always like taking discs out of their cases. Stop opening things that ain't yours.

So I went to a non-EB store nearby. The dude was nice, and handed me a fresh copy of AC5. I bought that.

Then I noticed that God of War was going for the standard Greatest Hit price. I didn't get the game when it came out (I went with DMC3 instead), so I've been waiting for a price drop. Apparently, for past week or so it has been a Greatest Hit title, and soon all copies will have that ugly red banner. So I grabbed that non-ugly copy.

Can't wait to play my new games.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:09 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 08:09 PM #48 of 1626
God damnit. All this dissing on EB. Lemme explain --

When we get, say, 5 "new" games in stock, we take one of them and gut it so we can put the case on the floor. That way you can see the case and rightfully assume that we have at least one copy of the game in stock. If that store had more than one, she would've given you the sealed copy.

Plz don't be a prick.

How ya doing, buddy?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Timberwolf
Gangsta Moogle

Member 1126

Level 27.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:15 PM #49 of 1626
Originally Posted by SouthJag
God damnit. All this dissing on EB. Lemme explain --

When we get, say, 5 "new" games in stock, we take one of them and gut it so we can put the case on the floor. That way you can see the case and rightfully assume that we have at least one copy of the game in stock. If that store had more than one, she would've given you the sealed copy.

Plz don't be a prick.
Which was why I offered to go back when they had more "new" copies in stock.

I just don't like buying a copy that had, for whatever reason, been taken out. Even if it is new and they didn't do anything to it, the fact that it's been taken out bothers me. Other stores don't (normally) do this. (...right?)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:30 PM #50 of 1626
The most recent game that I bought was.....um.... Unreal Tournament 2003. Man, that was like 2 years ago. I ended up getting a demo of it and I was immediately impressed. SO, I went to the local Futures Shop, payed $60 for it, and got my game, but the main reason why I bought it was because I needed to buy the game to play online. Other than that, I bought it to have some hell-good fun online.

Unfortunately, it ran very slow on my computer and there was nothing I could do about it because my computer was the fastest computer. Haha, I think it'll be another 3 years before I actually buy a game.

Downloading games all the way!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend