Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2010, 07:26 PM Local time: May 5, 2010, 07:26 PM #1 of 1108
My only gripes with this Beta... well, pretty much probably not gonna get fixed in the final release, is the new melee system. I abso-fucking-lutely hate it. 2 punches to the face in less than a second is plain dumb, and the lunging distance... ridiculous. Thought these were supposed to be the normal UNSC troops. Also, punches when shields are low should result in a beatdown. And I'm not too fond of that new assassination system. If I wanted to watch someone knife me in the back, I'd come out of retirement from MW2 and watch every Killcam involving me getting knifed from behind.

Other than that, and the pointless addition of social settings that won't matter, because people will trash talk and become a nuisance no matter what you set it on, it's pretty much a solid beta. Loving the DMR when I actually get my hands on it. The needle launcher is a pretty good replacement to the Corbine, considering that I actually used the corbine sometimes when BR's were taken in Halo 2 and Halo 3. I'm also liking the new ranking system, as now I may no longer have to worry about simply winning the match to hit General, or whatever the hell the highest rank will be, just do enough shit in the match relating to the objective.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2010, 01:39 AM Local time: May 8, 2010, 01:39 AM #2 of 1108
Honestly, I don't know how you guys played so much of the beta before today as it is. I got burned out on it after 30 games or so, let alone 170 or whatever. Invasion I may have just experienced too much of the one side, which may explain my enthusiasm, but outside of that, I understand this totally.
In all honesty, I'm sorta burned out, but I'm not too much further from hitting Warrant Officer Grade 3, and I finally saw on my stats page how the Commendations work, and that I'm not too far from what I think is maxing out at least Assistant and Technician, and my Headshot is about to level up. I'm thinking those were some of the reasons why I was getting 500-1000 cR at times, so if I try to max em out, I can probably rank up quickly and be done with it.

It's good to know they acknowledge the beat-down bullshit is a bug and will be fixed. Now I really don't have a reason to get pissed about it next time it happens to me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 18, 2010, 07:23 AM Local time: May 18, 2010, 07:23 AM #3 of 1108
I'll probably hop on for a final run this evening around 6:30ish.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Tags
fucking armor lock, halo, halo reach

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF