Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2010, 08:24 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2010, 05:24 PM #1 of 1108
Too bad it's just an April Fool's joke. It seems like it'd be pretty cool.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:07 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2010, 05:07 PM #2 of 1108
I would leave the dropdowns. Makes it a lot easier to find the general subject you're looking for. If someone doesn't really give a shit about the arena (lol right) and just wants to see the new weapons, it's right there in a neat little package. Don't have to sift through half a page of text.

Some of the pictures could probably go, if you're trying to condense. I'm pretty sure everyone has a clear understanding of what the Plasma Sword and Shotgun look like, and the new weapons aren't terribly different from what we've seen before. Except that Grenade Launcher, which is damn cool.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2010, 11:10 AM Local time: May 3, 2010, 08:10 AM #3 of 1108
Sounds like a blast. I definitely won't miss dual-wielding either. It seemed like if you didn't have two guns at all times, you were just fucked.

Can you block the sword with any weapon or just the sword? I know you could block it in H3 if you had a sword, but if you can block with anything now, that's great news.

I'll be in Korea when the game drops, but hopefully I'll be able to work with the time difference and play with you guys.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:55 AM Local time: Sep 18, 2010, 05:55 AM #4 of 1108
I have that issue too, DN. I'm in Korea and my friends I play with are back in the states, and I always have a lag problem except for normal matchmaking games like Slayer. I can aim just fine, but moving around and shooting is delayed for about a second. I scheduled my internet to be upgraded to 10mb on tuesday (I'm running on 5 right now), thinking that might help, but I guess it's a pretty common problem.

How ya doing, buddy?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:06 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2010, 09:06 AM #5 of 1108
Spoiler:
I definitely agree about Jun being a throwaway character. Almost like his only purpose was to fill a space so your character would be number six, if that makes any sense. Did he even die? I remember him going off with someone, but that's it.

I felt a bit sad during Jorge's death scene, but that's about the only one. Thought it was kind of funny how he just picks up Noble Six and tosses him into space, though. Kat went too suddenly to really affect me at all, and she sort of annoyed me anyway. Typical emotionless but kind of bitchy tech expert. I was kinda pissed at first at the start of the last mission, because I thought Carter was just going to fly into the distance and his Pelican would explode, but I was glad when they brought him back just long enough to jihad that Scarab. Emile sort of confused me in the end. Did anyone else think he sounded latino in the beginning, in what few lines he spoke? In the end, he was suddenly black and wouldn't shut the hell up. Saw his death coming a mile away.

Playing through Noble Six's death was kinda cool; sort of reminded me of the end of Crisis Core. The cracks showing up in your helmet was a nice touch. I think it would've been a cooler scene, though, if it was just a normal scene and we saw him battling off waves of enemies until they finally overtake him, or one of the alternatives that SailorDaravon suggested. Gripes aside, it's a fun campaign, and I've already started my Legendary run. I'm just glad that the god damn Flood isn't in this one. Worst enemies ever.

I was speaking idiomatically.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:00 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2010, 12:00 AM #6 of 1108
Here's something I never thought I'd see in the first month of the game being out.

Of all the thousands of people on Xbox Live at any given moment, I have a hard time believing that less than 200 of them were playing Reach. Of course I took this around 9:00 pm my time, which is probably something like 3:00 or 4:00 am in the states, but still.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:14 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2010, 12:14 AM #7 of 1108
I dunno, I backed out and looked at a different mode and the number was the same. Could be wrong though.

FELIPE NO
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:01 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2010, 02:01 AM #8 of 1108
So has anyone ever played the Grifball custom gametype? I read up on it, and it seems kinda fun. I'd definitely be down for grabbing one off of File Share and trying it out with you guys.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2010, 07:18 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2010, 04:18 AM #9 of 1108
Damn it, I hate Xbox Live players. All these fun new gametypes and these assholes only want to play Slayer. Or Slayer Pro/Classic if they're feeling particularly frisky. I played for the last two and a half hours and couldn't get into one god damned Juggernaut match.

How ya doing, buddy?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2010, 07:42 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2010, 04:42 AM #10 of 1108
I'll give you that.

I'd love to play with you guys, but by the time I get home from work, most of you are probably asleep. I know a couple of you live in Englandland, but I'm not sure of the time difference between there and Korea.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2010, 01:55 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2010, 10:55 PM #11 of 1108
I might get a new voice myself. I was using Cortana for a bit, and I liked it at first, but the way she says some things is starting to grate on me now. "Changin' MAGS." Lots of emphasis on mags.

Most amazing jew boots

Tags
fucking armor lock, halo, halo reach

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Halo Reach: Ghosts of GFF