Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] Taking Your PS2 Online Questions

evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:12 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:12 PM #1 of 14
Taking Your PS2 Online Questions

Not sure where this should have gone since this is a help-seeking thread, but please move where necessary.

Yeah, I don't have any means of wireless networking, and I was trying to hook up my PS2 (big model). I've got the prerequisite Network Adapter, and so I disconnected my DSL modem from my computer (phone line, ethernet cable, and power cable) and placed them near my PS2, which has a phone jack and power socket. I placed the respective cords in the respective places, but my modem (Westell), its Ready light keeps flashing, sometimes in conjunction with the Ethernet light. It will partially connect, saying Valid Ethernet Link (on the game Amplitude), but it never does.

Can anyone troubleshoot this? Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 05:15 PM #2 of 14
Have you set up the actual network configuration on your PS2? If you haven't, your network adapter should have came with a disc that allows you to set that up real quick, usually auto-detecting the required information and writing the config file onto your PS2.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:16 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:16 PM #3 of 14
I did that much. Amplitude and other online games allow you to go to this configuration menu, so I set one up for the specific place I was in. Still didn't work.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 05:22 PM #4 of 14
Not really too sure what to say then, you might try here and read through this to see if any of the text there answers your question. Since you have everything set up, it seems like this might just be a minor issue.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 03:27 PM #5 of 14
Thanks for the help, Kostaki. Looking through the link but nothing seems to be of any use. Any further help is, of course, appreciated.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 09:26 AM #6 of 14
I have a westell modem as well but mine doesn't have the Ready light. Instead it just has Internet. I do the same thing you do when I want to play online with my ps2. I just directly connect my modem to the ps2, the Ready and Ethernet light are suppose to be flashing indicating that you are establishing a connection. Sometimes you have to power cycle the modem, turn it on after you turn on the ps2. Althought I used the cd that came with my network adapter so I'm not sure how different you did it with amplitude.
Also I recently tried SSX3 and it said that I was able to connect but I couldn't get into the rooms to play but I was still able to play Socom2. My guess is that maybe they just closed the servers for the game, so maybe thats what happened with Amplitude. Have you tried any other games?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

New Record!
Jarett
Metal Gear Solid

Member 4200

Level 1.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 01:50 PM #7 of 14
Definitely try calling your Internet Service Provider. For me they had to register the PS2's MAC address (an address unique to every online device). They atomatically picked up the address while my PS2 was plugged in to the modem and I was playing Tony Hawk in no time.

In any case, your ISP should be able to walk you through it.

FELIPE NO
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:19 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 04:19 AM #8 of 14
Taking Your PS2 Online Questions Redux

Raising a dead thread.

So, I've never fiddled around with my PS2's net connection options. I'm interested in the release of PSU this week, and wanted to see if I'd have any hang ups. So, hooked my system up to my router, put in Hot Shots Golf Fore! Set up some connection options, put everything to auto. Tested it and it confirmed the connection was working. So I try to go online with the game itself and the first thing it does is check DNAS (Dynamic Network Authentication System) authenticity. That failed. The error number it gave me was 402. There was a web address for http://www.us.playstation.com/DNAS but all that seems to provide me with is a phone number, which I might try to call later during a decent hour.

What's going on here with this DNAS? Is this something all games are going to check out, if it failed with one will it fail with them all, and does anyone know the fix?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:25 AM #9 of 14
dnas error? Is the game burned or is the ps2 modded?
I had some dnas errors as well and it was becuase of that

Jam it back in, in the dark.

New Record!
Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 03:59 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 12:59 PM #10 of 14
Ah, ok. Well it's good to know what it is but weird to know that my system isn't modded and the game's not burned.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:29 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 01:29 PM #11 of 14
The DNAs is a unique number that every online game have. Each game has a different one. Think of it like a licence plate of your game. This is supposed to be like an anti-piracy method but like every effort of Sony, this has failed too.

If you have an online game downloaded from the internet, you need to patch the iso with a program called "windip" to rewrite the existing DNAs because many people will have the same game with the same DNAs. If two DNAs are the same, you won't be able to connect online.

The strange thing is that you say that your copy is legit. The only thing that I can think of is that someone else patched his game with the same DNAs that you have. This is rather difficult to think of since there are thousands of combinations to create a DNAs.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |

Last edited by Dizzy; Oct 25, 2006 at 11:38 AM.
Dr. Uzuki

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:48 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 08:48 AM #12 of 14
Thanks for the help, but it only dawned on me last night that the game being a used copy probably had something to do with it. I also remembered that I did own another online game to test it out on, DDR Supernova, and that successfully connected.

It's kind of strange that this isn't something commonly known, though! (or maybe it's just me) Don't buy used PS2 games and expect to get online with them. Wouldn't this also mean that I couldn't take my copy of an online game over to a friend's and expect for it to work? Or would I only need the memory card with the connection settings on it?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Dr. Uzuki; Oct 25, 2006 at 11:55 AM.
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 02:10 PM #13 of 14
That wouldn't work either. Remember that the DNAs is from the game, not from your console or connection. Your network setting will not work in your friend ps2 anyways, it says something like "this config was not created in this console", so your connection save wouldn't work on anyone's ps2 besides yours.

The only solution if you really want to play online is to make a backup of your game and change your DNAs. But if you don't have a modded ps2, you will have to buy a Magic Swap or similiar.

How ya doing, buddy?

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:59 PM #14 of 14
Just get yourself a fliptop/Swap Magic setup. Like Dizzy said, you can get online with backups no problem. Go here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/291526

Full, weekly updated list of DN@S codes and the program needed, WinHIP. Good luck.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] Taking Your PS2 Online Questions