Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] "The Ship" Steam Game (Free 11/2 through 11/5)

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2006, 11:30 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2006, 10:30 AM #1 of 4
"The Ship" Steam Game (Free 11/2 through 11/5)

This game has always intrigued me, but never quite convinced me to drop $20 for it. Apparently this was the case for a lot of people, so they're making the game free for this weekend.

A quick description, for those who've never heard of the game:
Quote:
Set on a series of luxury, art deco cruise ships built by Mr X, this devilish game challenges you to kill or be killed. Once you're on board you're given the name of another passenger whom you must find and secretly murder. Watch out for security unless you want to do some time in jail, take care of yourself and keep looking over your shoulder because somewhere out there is another hunter looking for you!
More info at http://www.theshiponline.com/

The free trial starts a 1:00 PDT today, but pre-loading has already begun. So, my fellow GFFers, who's up for some Ship?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2006, 04:55 PM #2 of 4
Yeah, now that I've played this a bit, I'd have to say it's an interesting idea that's just plain difficult to execute. Sometimes it's damn near impossible to find a weapon, and there's too many safe zones. The sprint meter seems to drain a little too fast, as well, and refill a bit too slowly.

Haha, of course the needs reminded me of The Sims the first time I read about them, but they do play an important role - drawing your quarry away from safe zones. Problem is, they don't empty fast enough to sufficiently fill that role, but if they did empty faster, it would be far too annoying having to keep up with them.

Still, I think a small GFF-member-only would be a lot more fun than playing with anonymous strangers (many of whom don't know how to play the game as well as bots, anyways), but it looks like that's not going to happen before the end of the weekend.

Most amazing jew boots

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] "The Ship" Steam Game (Free 11/2 through 11/5)