Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] [Multi-platform] Guitar Hero II

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:06 AM Local time: Nov 13, 2006, 02:06 AM #76 of 142
I usually keep my index finger on red, middle on yellow and so on. Simply because it is that much easier to reach green than orange.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 08:01 AM #77 of 142
So yeah, Freebirrd expert?

Nightmare.

I'm using practice mode to nail each individual solo before tackling the whole thing. If I didn't have practice mode I'd probably just give up

I was speaking idiomatically.
Returned
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:36 PM #78 of 142
When I go into Hard I use the RYBO hand position and reach or shift for the green.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 01:39 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2006, 12:39 PM #79 of 142
Originally Posted by deadally
So yeah, Freebirrd expert?

Nightmare.

I'm using practice mode to nail each individual solo before tackling the whole thing. If I didn't have practice mode I'd probably just give up
No shit. I spent half an hour practicing the solos and still can't get through the song. Difficult.

FELIPE NO
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:43 PM #80 of 142
A half hour? Is that all? I've spent like an hour total on the god damn guitar solo I

Others have come since. I may be able to take a chance soon

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Returned
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Nov 13, 2006, 05:06 PM #81 of 142
Is that the one with the extremely rapid note changes? Being uneducated, I don't know what they are and just call them "scales" since they scale down from blue to green INCREDIBLY quickly, and repeatedly, and I can't seem to nail it, and even with star power on I miss enough that I lose anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
deadally
Chocobo

Member 506

Level 14.33

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:00 PM #82 of 142
No, it's the one before that, with the BYRYB pattern

I can't seem to find the rhythm...Though for the next part with the 4-pattern B-Y-R-G I can usually do decently. Never made it that far it the main tune though

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Returned
AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:02 PM #83 of 142
Every day that I play I manage to get a little better and better. My scores are getting higher and higher, it's amazingly satisfying.

Out of nowhere I was about to 5-star Gemini, Rock this Town and Carry me home. Which brings me up to 5-star 57/64. I dunno if I'll be able to five star the rest, but I will sure as hell keep trying.

I'm thinking about recording my progress via video camera and maybe posting it on youtube or some shit, but I wouldn't know where to begin. If anyone has experience doing this, lemme know. I'm not insanely good or anything, but I'm sure other people don't mind watching people progress

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 01:15 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2006, 12:15 AM #84 of 142
You're five-starring most of the songs on expert, I would say that makes you insanely good.

Also, deadally, that one's tough but I find if I can just manage to get in the right rhythm with the strums, usually I can nail it - it's a familiar passage, having similar ones in both Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon on the first game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 03:51 AM #85 of 142
I managed to borrow the game for a day from my friend and beat everything on expert except for Free Bird. I failed somewhere in the 70s. The part where it goes BYRG over and over is where I kept messing up, as well as the part right before it. I'd probably try harder to beat it, but it was like 3 am then, and I really didn't feel like staying up any longer for it.

My friend who I borrowed it from is pretty insane though. He played through career on expert, never once failing (first try on almost every song, he had played some prior), and five starred the majority of them. Though I had him play the Bucket Head song today, and he wasn't even able to clear it. I couldn't believe the solo in that, it's fucking absurd. He had full star power in it and it ran out. Makes the Free Bird solo look like I Wanna Be Sedated.

Oh, and as far as where to hold your fingers, I find that once you play on expert, trying to stay in one spot is pretty much impossible, especially when faced with rapid sections with chords.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Servilonus; Nov 14, 2006 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 09:17 AM #86 of 142
I have failed a song for the first time

Freya on Expert is a real pain in my ass. Mostly because it's difficult to get star power, and then also because the 3 bridges are insanely tough to do. Damn you, The Sword!

Most amazing jew boots
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:46 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2006, 11:46 AM #87 of 142
Yeah, Freya was the first real pain in MY ass too. I finally just resorted to hitting two-thirds, sometimes three-fourths, of the chords in those ridiculous bridge sections.

Most amazing jew boots
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 03:18 AM Local time: Nov 15, 2006, 03:18 AM #88 of 142
Easier to do hammer ons/pull offs.

Better money system where each band can pool together or when you go from medium to hard and etc. You can buy things and as well it counts for the entire game no matter what band.

And better Multiplayer... Other then that I can't think of anythign esle to say.

EDIT:

When you hit reset, it resets right away, no wait time.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!

Last edited by Zio; Nov 15, 2006 at 03:20 AM.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:25 AM #89 of 142
Well, I beat it on Expert last night. AWESOME.

Playing Free Bird is such an exhilarating final level. It was far more fun on hard because I didn't come close to failing it, but regardless, wow, what a great way to end such a fun ass game.

Time to shoot for 5-stars. See you later, sun

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 01:01 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2006, 12:01 PM #90 of 142
Okay. So give us some pointers on how you beat Free Bird on expert, especially those difficult rapid solos... cause I still haven't

=+Yuni+=
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Member 14890

Level 7.40

Nov 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 02:04 PM #91 of 142
Finally got to play the game over the weekend. I'm still a major n00b at Guitar Hero so I play in Medium *is shot* and I have to say it's a pretty damn good game. I would have played more, but I kept getting kicked off by the game's owner. That asshat.

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:27 PM Local time: Nov 16, 2006, 11:27 AM #92 of 142
Don't you have a Best Buy or Wal-Mart around somewhere? There, you can play for as long as you want usually, unless the managers are really anal. Just make sure you give the little mexican kids a turn (I swear they're the only ones that play the in-store displays, or were, when I was working at Best Buy.)

How ya doing, buddy?
=+Yuni+=
C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Member 14890

Level 7.40

Nov 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:11 PM #93 of 142
Not in the city where I go to college I don't have those. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. I'll get around to playing it more eventually.

How ya doing, buddy?
AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:01 AM #94 of 142
I uploaded some vids of me playing. the Quality isn't great but I'm not gonna go buy a new camera for crappy youtube vids

Psychobilly Freakout (EXPERT) 215k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrbW9Mcr_98

Rock This Town (EXPERT) 257k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJT8mxAG7tc

Oddly enough, these are my best scores on those two particular songs. Funny how they were the first two I caught on camera and they ended up being the best scores :P

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 01:41 AM #95 of 142
May I ask why don't you wammy on non-stars?

Double Post:
Hey did anyone actually know about the Grim Ripper glitch? I bought him today cause my brother wanted me to even though I don't really like him, I didn't like himin GH. But if you play a song with him in the campaign. Load the song fully or play it once then change characters that have changeable costumes. It seems that you can play the scythe!

I found this by accident and confirmed it due to gamefaqs.com

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!

Last edited by Zio; Nov 19, 2006 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:56 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 02:56 AM #96 of 142
I gotta admit, AlphaDeus, that's pretty impressive. People think I'm good, but that's just... that's hot right there. Definitely wouldn't wanna go up against you in versus mode

Zio, whammying on non-stars is usually pretty useless for your score, even if you have a 4x multiplier going. It's fun to do, but when I'm really focusing, I try not to whammy when I don't need to, because sometimes, oddly, it screws up my rhythm, throws off my groove, etc.
Also yeah, I found out the grim ripper glitch right after I bought him, and then when I was randomly pounding on buttons at the Best Buy display the day it officially was released, I accidentally activated the air guitar cheat, then walked away guiltily.

AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:20 AM #97 of 142
Got 2 more:

Crazy on You EXPERT (332K): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLDdLxyu28Y

Freya EXPERT (287K): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Tx8oRF9rQ

Yeah, using the Whammy on the non-star power notes doesn't do anything good. I don't like using the whammy at all honestly because it distorts parts of the song. (I mainly play to listen to the song as opposed to actually trying to Full Combo anything). As far as glitches go, the only one I've come across is when Grim Ripper starts with a normal guitar.

Lemme know if there are any songs you wanna see me "Attempt" :P

Last edited by AlphaDeus; Nov 19, 2006 at 11:23 AM.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 01:16 PM #98 of 142
Are you kidding me? Those two are easily two of the hardest in my book. Freya gave me such a hard time I wanted to break my guitar controller, and Crazy on You, I dunno maybe just cause I hadn't ever heard it before (don't hurt me!) the song's rhythms seemed odd.
You're a guitar GOD.
If at all possible, show me Misirlou and Freebird. I want to see how to beat Freebird, so there's any way to record your hands and the TV at the same time (probably not) that would be... helpful. That's the only song I haven't beaten on expert, other than Jordan. Hey, on second thought, yeah, Jordan, I wanna see that.

AlphaDeus
[ IKZ ]

Member 580

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 05:29 PM #99 of 142
I've only played Freebird like.. 4 times total, I've only passed it once in those 4 tries. It's a very intimidating song, and I've been working on other songs before I decide to tackle that one. I also haven't been working on Jordan, so I can only make it through the first solo. Misirlou, on the other hand, I can 4-star pretty much everytime.

I will try to record videos of misirlou and freebird, but I dunno how good they're gonna be.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2006, 09:48 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2006, 09:48 PM #100 of 142
Originally Posted by AlphaDeus
I've only played Freebird like.. 4 times total, I've only passed it once in those 4 tries. It's a very intimidating song, and I've been working on other songs before I decide to tackle that one. I also haven't been working on Jordan, so I can only make it through the first solo. Misirlou, on the other hand, I can 4-star pretty much everytime.

I will try to record videos of misirlou and freebird, but I dunno how good they're gonna be.

What program are you using to record cause all my webcam came with was the ability take pics and work with MSN/Yahoo but didn't come with a video capture thingy. I've found a few programs and they reconize my camera but they produce poor and huge files.

Double Post:
I can get to like 95% of the song to freebird before I become the deadbird.

How ya doing, buddy?
Originally Posted by Zio

Last edited by Zio; Nov 19, 2006 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] [Multi-platform] Guitar Hero II