Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Best Pokemon Game

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:56 PM #26 of 47
Best Pokemon games, huh? Well, I gotta go with Yellow.

Why? It's the closest one to the actual anime that I've

played. Red and Blue are good too. As far as the N64

goes, I like Stadium 1 (US) and Puzzle League. I

also own Trading Card, Pinball, Gold and Silver,

but they aren't as good as the other ones I've

mentioned.

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:06 PM #27 of 47
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
C: [...] I doubt you'll be able to read both the DS and GBA cartridges simultaneously on one machine, but at least the transfer option will exist.
Actually, it should be able to. DS games are capable of reading information off of the GBA slot.

This is how they're able to make the rumble pack, expansion packs (like Daigasso! Band Bros.,) and unlockables for series that had a game on the GBA (take Kirby Canvas Curse unlocking a character if you had Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland in, or, I think, Advance Wars DS with either Advance Wars 1/2 in.)

Basically, it would be retarded for Nintendo to not to include single-unit trading between the two. I don't know the specs on the GBA wireless adapter so I don't know if it would be compatable with the 802.11b adapter of the DS.

Originally Posted by SuperSonic
Best Pokemon games, huh? Well, I gotta go with Yellow.

Why? It's the closest one to the actual anime that I've

played. Red and Blue are good too. As far as the N64

goes, I like Stadium 1 (US) and Puzzle League. I

also own Trading Card, Pinball, Gold and Silver,

but they aren't as good as the other ones I've

mentioned.
That's really funny considering that Pokemon

was out before the anime and Yellow is pretty much

outdated and the GBA ones are a lot better.

Also typing like this is really fucking retarded

and is really unnecessary, so I'm kindly asking you

to stop.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Little Shithead; Mar 7, 2006 at 11:09 PM.
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:06 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:06 PM #28 of 47
I was merely making a decison between older and newer versions. Besides, I'm guessing you're referring to the actual game itself and not emulation. There are ways to bypass the trade system between the older and newer games through emulation, but if you actually own the cartridge, stick with Emerald.

Most amazing jew boots
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:14 PM #29 of 47
Even if you get a DS or GBA version, it's worth it to pick up that used copy of Gold or Silver. It's like what? $5 bucks?

Gold/Silver/Crystal all improved on the originals, adding in lots of useful features, more worthful Pokemon, and two continents. G/S/C were my personal favorites, and you can get them dirt cheap now, so why not?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:23 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:23 PM #30 of 47
In regards to the G/S/C series, I think emulation is prefered for these titles now. What do you think?

Most amazing jew boots
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:43 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 02:43 PM #31 of 47
I don't enjoy playing Pokemon on my PC

I thought it was confirmed or at least hinted at somewhere that the upcoming DS Pokemon games would be compatable with all the GBA Pokemon, i'm not sure though. This would let them include only all new Pokemon in the DS versions so you can grab the old ones from the GBA ones. I'd love some info on the DS versions soon...

FELIPE NO
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:52 PM #32 of 47
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
That's really funny considering that Pokemon

was out before the anime and Yellow is pretty much

outdated and the GBA ones are a lot better.
I don't own any of the GBA ones. I stopped after

Gold and Silver. Yes Blue and Red were out before

the anime. I bought Red and Blue, then Yellow a

couple of weeks after it came out. Gold and Silver

were the last ones I bought for GBC and Stadium

was the last one I bought for N64. After that I

didn't buy anymore Pokemon games so maybe

my opinion is a bit biased when I said Yellow.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:53 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 06:53 PM #33 of 47
Dear SuperSonic,

Stop shitting up your posts like that, or I'll edit all of them.

Love,
Infernal

As for Pokemon, I've never been able to get into the various RPG ones on Game Boy/Color/Rape/Advance. Not my thing. Pokemon Channel however, wow, probably the best game ever made. Snap was fairly entertaining, too. You could peg apples at the Pokemon. And from what I played of the demo, Pokemon Trozei is a lot of fun. Like a faster paced Zoo Keeper, and with music that isn't just sound recorded as someone went to the toilet looped over and over with a generic beat.

So basically I like all the Pokemon games that aren't Pokemon games. Except Dash.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:09 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 02:09 AM #34 of 47
The only pure PokƩmon games I played were Red, Blue, and Yellow. My will to catch 'em all ended there. Probably had I the motivation to pick up the next one in the series, there would be a much higher chance that I would have probably kept up with the series to date. Instead, growing up took its toll. Now it's all about rhythm games, Disney characters, drawing first blood, and rolling up everything ever.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkey ā€¢ twitter ā€¢ last.fm ā€¢ gfw ā€¢ backlog ā€¢ youtube ā€¢ xbox
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:41 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 11:41 AM #35 of 47
Originally Posted by nazpyro
Now it's all about rhythm games, Disney characters, drawing first blood, and rolling up everything ever.
Hopefully this is all found in one game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:13 PM #36 of 47
My suggestions are PokƩmon Silver and PokƩmon Puzzle Challenge. Both of these are wonderful games, though the latter can be quite difficult.

How ya doing, buddy?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:29 PM #37 of 47
Pokemon Silver was the best Pokemon game, followed closely by LeafGreen, the remake of the original Blue Version (green in Japan). The reason why the latter isn't the best, IMO, is because it lacked the day/night cycle of Silver which really could've made the remake far better.

If a remake of Gold/Silver ever comes out, or if the new one is a revised version of these (doubt it), then that'd be the top dog.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:07 PM #38 of 47
I think we can expect a re-make. Since LeafGreen and FireRed did so well, why not make a remake? I'm sure Nintendo will make a bundle in the process.

Also, all we know about the upcoming Pokemon games is that it's Wi-Fi enabled, and you're able to connect to all the GBA Pokemon games..

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:13 PM #39 of 47
I like G/S the most... Nothing is better than traveling to two regions and earning 16 badges in total... Despite how easy it might've gotten then.

I still like Emerald and such because of the Battle Frontier. Nothing like the Battle Dome... Love that place. And FR/LG is pretty good too... I lost my copy, so I have to decide how i'm going to get a new one.

FELIPE NO
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:59 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 12:59 AM #40 of 47
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere

a remake of Gold/Silver

I think that would be cool. I'd definitely check that out if it ever happened.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 02:31 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:31 PM #41 of 47
Hmm the only one I enjoyed was Pokemon Red/Blue/Green. Though its only because it was the first pokemon game I played that felt like a unique game. pokemon Gold provided a new take on the adventure but it was more of the same in the end.
Oh well perhaps the DS version will change things up.

Originally Posted by Akai-chan
No love for Pokemon Snap?
From what I can remember I had a great time playing that game, even though it was a rental. The 50 to 60 dollar price tag (at the time) was far to big for such a short game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
goldeneye2131
Din, Farore, Nayru

Member 2134

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:15 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 02:15 AM #42 of 47
I owed Pokemon Red, my brothers owned the rest...I liked the Gold/Silver combo mostly because of the addition of Pokemon breeding...being a mathematical type person, I was one to record the stats and determine egg moves and predict the output of the new baby pokemon....

ahhh, yes...those were the days....(yesterday)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Clon
Rousteinireā„¢

Member 2435

Level 5.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:33 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 12:33 AM #43 of 47
I liked Yellow version the best since there is a Pikachu that follows you! Gold and Silver are my second choices.

Most amazing jew boots
Come visit my DA page
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:27 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:27 AM #44 of 47
While Crash is probably right, I'd have to say that my personal favorite generation was Gold/Silver. It just had my favorite set of Pokemon, several of which cannot be obtained in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald or Fire Red/Leaf Green. Containing both Johto and Kanto was a plus, as well. I believe it was also the only game that keeps track of whether it's day or night, which made things interesting.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:22 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 06:22 PM #45 of 47
I've recently started playing Fire Red/Leaf Green and it feels like a excellent remake. But it was better if they scrapped both and gave us a Pokemon Yellow remake instead, because it kinda combines Red/Blue but I guess they just had to give us both because of all the trading/connectivity with both

A remake of Gold/Silver? Sure, but I doubt it will be coming. As far as I've read in a FAQ, Fire Red/Leaf Green holds a few secret regions that house Pokemon of Gold and Silver so it seems they crammed them in there just to make us happy. The regions even have remade music of Gold/Silver.

It amazes me how many critters they have made up to put in the games... just too many. For me, after Gold and Silver I thought it was enough but i'm the kinda guy that hates leaving the "old kind" of Pokemon behind and embrace the new ones.

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!
Cloud Tiamat
Carob Nut

Member 176

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:33 PM #46 of 47
Sapphire was rather fun to play. I've thought of getting Emerald, but lately I've lost interest.

Mostly now I'm just waiting until Diamond/Pearl arrives.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fireman Joe
Superhero Extroadinaire

Member 1518

Level 11.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:45 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 06:45 PM #47 of 47
I'd stick with Red version, though I think that's really nostalgia speaking.
Gold and Crystal were great games, but I never upgraded to GBA, so I dont know about Ruby/Leaf/etc. I might get them now that I have a DS...

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Best Pokemon Game