Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2006, 11:05 PM #1 of 397
Originally Posted by galen
Ugh, The Penguin?
If done right the Penguin could be a fairly competant villian.

Think less Danny Devito and more boss Carmine Falcone from the first one. He's not a supervillian. He's a gangster.

And by second villian, I honestly doubt they mean anywhere near the screen time as Joker. He'll be there as a plot device, maybe have a few good scenes, but it's the Clown Prince of Crime's show.

As probably the biggest Joker fan on here, I'm actually pleased with Ledger's casting. While I was personally gunning for Adrien Brody or Paul Bettany, I think Heath can pull it off.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 08:48 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 07:48 PM #2 of 397
I'd put a whole whack of cash on the idea that Cobblepot is the gangster that hired the Joker (before he was Joker, try to keep up) to become the Red Hood.

Speaking of which, if we get some Red Hood action in this movie, I swear to god I'll geek-gasm all over the place.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 05:48 PM #3 of 397
They could always pull a Batman (1989) and have him use his cards before he gets his acid-dip.

Or, you know, they could use a flashback. I mean they told Bruce's backstory in a flashback, why not Jokers.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 05:49 PM #4 of 397
Originally Posted by Tellurian
Question:
Where in the comics was the origin of the Joker closer illuminated?
Was it ever? Did he - as in the movie - get a chemical treatment? How did he become what he is? What drove him mad in the first place...?
His 100% true origin has never been revelead. We know some things, but not all.

About all we know is that he fell into a vat of chemicals, and got his well known appearance. Everything else is pretty much speculation.

However the most commonly accepted origin for the character is the one written by Alan Moore for 1988's "Batman; The Killing Joke". It tells that the Joker was a man who quit his job to persue his dream of being a comedian, however unsucessfully. With a pregnant wife, and knowing he couldn't cut it as a comedian, he agreed the rob the chemical plant he used to work at. The night before the robbery, he was approached by a police officer and told his wife and unborn child had died in a fire at their apartment. Distraught, he tried to back out of the plan, but the gangsters wouldn't let him. Everytime the gangsters recruited someone new to help them rob a place they would force them to wear a red hood. They told the victims it was to hide their identity, but in actuality it was to pin the crime on the victim as the criminal mastermind. As they robbed the plant, the police and Batman showed up. Joker panicked at the sight of Batman and dove into a vat of chemicals. A few miles down river, he washed up on shore, and when he removed his mask he saw that the chemicals had bleached his skin white, deformed his smile, and turned his hair green. This, his fright at his encounter with Batman, the death of his family, and everything else going on in his life seemed to turn him insane. He became the Joker.

While that is the most accepted origin, Joker says himself in the story that he often remembers different versions, and "if I have to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!".

Other origins have had him; being a sociopath as a child, torturing and murdering animals and enjoying listening to his father beat his mother. Being abused and eventually killing his father. Being the son of one of Batman's friends Dr. Leslie Thomas. And being an already well established criminal.

Like I said, the Alan Moore story is the most accepted and usually the one to go by. That being said though, his exact origin is still up in the air.

I for one hope we never really find out.

Originally Posted by Dark Nation
I could have sworn they used his name as such in one of the origin comics, but whatever. If someone could confirm/deny this that would help out... I'm think though, that 'Jack Napier' may have even been just an alias anyway (For Nickolson's role in the 89 version).
He has been referred as Jack or Mr.Napier (which was created for the movie) as sort of a tongue in cheek nod to the movie, but it's doubtful that is infact his real name.

Most amazing jew boots

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:10 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 06:10 PM #5 of 397
Originally Posted by LeHah
I remain wonderously skeptical with the casting. Yes, I wanted Hamill too - not only because he is the Joker but because there now seems to be an age casting problem with this movie. Throwing Ryan Phillippe in just makes it sound like we're shooting from the hip to the 90210 crowd for pretty boys. This isn't saying Ryan isn't a good actor - but the aged involved is stupid. The Joker should be older - considering that he's suppose to be the utter opposite of Batman, why not do the same with their age.

Despite the strength of Batman Begins, lets see where this goes. Not everything is as fortunate as Spider Man 2.
Who the fuck is Ryan Philippe playing? Heath Ledger is the Joker. Damn teen stars all looking the same.

Edit - It appears I can't fucking read. Disregard what was here.

Edit 2 - The Joker should be older based on what exactly? His age has never been mentioned or referenced. There is nothing suggesting that he has to be older than Batman. Hell, I'd even go to say they suggest he's about the same age. If you go by the Killing Joke, and accept he has a relatively young wife with a baby on the way, and his appearance pre-chemical dip, it suggests he's probably in his late 20's/early 30s. As told in Batman: Year One (which is in continuity), Bruce is 25 when he first starts out as Bats. Joker' origin story in TKJ, takes place not long after this happens, making them about the same age.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by acid; Aug 10, 2006 at 07:18 PM.
acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:40 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 09:40 PM #6 of 397
Originally Posted by Prosthetic
Ryan Phillipe as Two-Face? What?

I thought Two-Face was supposed to be older than Batman. I mean, at least I thought... but why put a teenie bopper as TWO FACE

At least they didn't use Orlando Bloom, I guess.
Ryan Philippe is only 8 months younger than Christian Bale.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 07:10 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 06:10 PM #7 of 397
Lame. He looks like an albino who put on too much lipstick. I really hope they make it better by the time it comes out.
Early rumors have him not gaining the mysterious "perma-smile" as a result of the acid bath.

Spoiler:
From what's being tossed around sites like AICN etc etc, the fall in the chemicals doesn't turn his skin that super-high-gloss white that Nicholson had. It rather takes a more realistic skin bleaching making him appear more like an albino. After going nuts, he carves himself a smile out of his cheeks (think of the Captain in Pan's Labrynth), which would explain the scarring, and it appears covers it up with paint/lipstick).

Frankly I think it's a fucking awesome look.

FELIPE NO

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:22 PM Local time: Jul 27, 2007, 05:22 PM #8 of 397
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boIhrBtsj-Y

teaser that doesn't take a year to download.

I'm sold on the new Joker look. I'd also be willing to be dollars to batarangs that that look isn't his "complete" one. Like he has yet to be bleached and right now he's just batshit (har har) insane and painting his face. Since it's obviously make-up and Nolan said he's be more albino that Nicholson's pure white.

Oh god I just came.

Most amazing jew boots

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:22 PM Local time: Aug 16, 2007, 10:22 PM #9 of 397
Oh god. I just came. everywhere.

EDIT:

Both AICN and SHH! have gotten cease-and-desist letters from WB, so save em while you can.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by acid; Aug 17, 2007 at 12:05 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)