Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:35 PM #1 of 397
It was bloody awesome. Each one captured the essence and almost supernatural stigma about him. I wonder though if these are part of Nolan's world of batman...

Spoiler:
They're all almost chronological, and it deals with Batman handing the Russian Mafia in Gotham, the mafia hire that Deadshot to stop him, but it doesn't work...so perhaps, they hire The Joker, aka The Dark Knight movie..? Just a theory.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:29 PM #2 of 397
Holy smokes Batman! Gotham Knight is out?! I gotta go download it! I'll post some comments after I seen it.

Ok saw the whole thing. Wow, the writing, animation and music is superb. Voice acting is top notch and I am glad to see alot of DCAU people and Teen Titans Voice actors back for this. Excellant character development on Bruce and the action is well directed.

Karasu, your theory is interesting, and I do not doubt that the mafia or Russian Gang will have a huge effect on the Dark Knight.
My theory was right apparently. IGN reviewed the DVD, and while they didn't give it like a 9.0 or anything...they pretty much confirmed what I thought was the big point behind the movie sequences.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 09:09 PM #3 of 397
It was a fantastic movie. It exceeded my expectations, and it topped Batman Begins by miles. Ledger was great too, he definitely got into the role of The Joker, and didnt make it comic booky at all, and the same goes with everyone and everything about this film. To me, that's what makes it great..it has this realism factor, so you feel like this could happen.

Plus

Spoiler:
Who didn't love the 'white eyes' with Batman.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:33 AM #4 of 397
The part where he destroys the Riddler's stupid TV gizmo at the end of the movie.
Spoiler:
Eh...I know what part you mean..but...that wasn't technically what I was saying. Those eyes were more radar like, where as what I was saying was full on white. The concept was the same-ish, but they literally made white eyes for this film, which is such a cool nod to the comic.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:47 PM #5 of 397
Spoiler:
What i'm hoping is that...IF they make a sequel to this (even though, they left it just fine as being the last Batman film for now), I'm hoping they use...the Knightfall arc they had in the 90s with the comics. I think that could work out real well in this Gotham, this Batman. To see Bane cripple Batman...and have someone else take on his mantle...I think could work on the big screen. Anyone else agree?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:43 PM #6 of 397
Not to take the mantle forever [remember Knightquest?], but to show the 'limits' of Bruce, the very thing Alfred warned him about in this new film. Plus, I wouldn't want a Robin either, so I think they could adapt without one.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jul 20, 2008, 12:13 AM #7 of 397
Making a feature-length Batman film where the major plot thread is "Batman is hurt and can't do a goddamn thing" isn't exactly compelling. Bane is probably one of the easier villains to bring to the screen, but the rest of the Knightfall arc is just an endless series of awkward winces.

The only member of the extended bat-family that really fits into the films thematically is possibly the Cassandra Cain Batgirl. Anything else would just drive the films into the same painfully-campy ground as the last series.

Hmm you think so? I dont know man...I think it would be interesting to see how far Nolan can take his Batman against a villain such as Bane. As you said, it would be easy to bring him to the screen, and I think Nolan could definitely do it And I agree to NOT bring an entire arc in, but obviously the screenwriters of these films were inspired by the arcs of the past...why not get inspired with that arc.

Spoiler:
It would make sense, because Batman is now being hunted and what better than to let out Bane to hunt him down, and perhaps...instead of Azreal or someone else taking on the mantle of the Bat, Bruce can take himself to his absolute limits physically and even mentally [try to push his 'No Kill' rule to the absolute limit] and fight Bane with a new suit to combat such a Titan.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)