Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 01:58 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 12:58 PM #1 of 397
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
Didn't they originally plan on having Bob Hoskins to play Penguin? Picking Hoffman seems like a small step backwards.
How is picking Hoffman a step backwards? He's one of the best actors around these days. Did you see Capote? Bob Hoskins is pretty awesome, but he's got nothing on Hoffman.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 03:46 PM #2 of 397
I'm sure they'll do some cool make up on Hoffman to make him fit the role. Hoffman, IMO, is a much better actor than Hoskins. He's played some very diverse roles throughout his career. Just check out his stats on IMDb... and watch Capote.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2006, 05:04 PM #3 of 397
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
All Capote shows is that Hoffman is excellent at being annoyingly effeminate. It needs an actor that fits the part, not an actor who is technically proficient.
It also shows his range. Going from Truman Capote to his role in Along Came Polly is quite a stretch. With his skills, he should have no problem bringing the Penguin to life.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 03:55 PM #4 of 397
Originally Posted by Dark Nation
Batman resigns to feign an attempt at searching for the mobster, but as we soon find out, Jack Napier, better known as the Joker, the Man who Laughs, has already taken care of Falcone in his own twisted way.
In the comics, the Joker's real name has never been revealed. Jack Napier was a creation of the 89' Burton movie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 08:09 PM #5 of 397
Harvey Dent was played by Billy Dee Williams in the 89 Batman, but maybe I was too young to remember comic dorks complaining about him being black.

It really doesn't matter if the actor is black so long as it fits the character. I think Michael Clark Duncan is a great actor, but I thought he was poorly cast as the Kingpin in Daredevil. The character of the Kingpin is the stereotypical menacing whitest white crime boss.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 07:10 AM Local time: Aug 11, 2006, 06:10 AM #6 of 397
Originally Posted by Prosthetic
With the morbid direction the movie is aiming for, I don't think that Ryan Phillipe is suitable. Then again, I could be completely wrong. I HOPE this is the case.
I'm betting that you are. Ryan Phillipe is a twisted fuck who oozed his way into Reece Witherspoon's panties. He devours that pink every night. Ryan Phillipe and I share a birthday. There's somthing to be said about the deviant fuckers born on Sept. 10. I'm so fucking high.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)