Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 1, 2006, 06:55 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2006, 04:55 PM #1 of 397
Aw man. I was hoping for Hamill as well, but yeah... Heath just seems too reserved to me - the polar opposite of The Joker. I don't know if he has the acting chops to pull this off. Bleh. I guess I'll just have to trust Nolan. And cue the "Brokebat Mountain" jokes. lol.

Originally Posted by Hotobu
If he could've gotten himself in "Joker shape" this would have been one of the few movies I'd pay to see at a theatre for, and be there on release day.
I totally agree.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by SpaceOddity; Aug 1, 2006 at 07:07 PM.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2007, 02:45 AM Local time: May 20, 2007, 12:45 AM #2 of 397
Looks like WB has launched a pretty interesting internet campaign, with the final "prize" being the first glimpse of Heath Ledger as The Joker. Here's more information on the campaign:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5711

... And what seems to be the final image.

Spoiler:

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by SpaceOddity; May 20, 2007 at 02:49 AM.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2007, 04:50 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2007, 02:50 PM #3 of 397
Holy crap, that second picture (with the blurry reflection in the mirror) is awesome. I was wondering if the purple suit/green hair look would work in Nolan's more "realistic" Batman universe... I guess the suit is a really muted shade of purple, though, or even dark gray. Either way, I'm really excited. I just hope Heath Ledger can pull it off.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by SpaceOddity; Jun 3, 2007 at 04:52 PM.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 02:49 PM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 12:49 PM #4 of 397
Nice! The one with Batman on the porch railing made me laugh, though. Even so, pretty interesting stuff...

Quick question -
Spoiler:
Is that Cillian Murphy? The guy sitting 2nd to the left?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by SpaceOddity; Aug 26, 2007 at 02:51 PM.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2007, 02:02 AM Local time: Dec 17, 2007, 12:02 AM #5 of 397
LOVE the trailer. Lots of explosions (LOL) but it looks great. Most of all, I'm excited about Ledger's Joker... Personally, I hated Jack Nicholson in the role, and it's AWESOME that we're finally getting a decent movie version of the character.

Here's another page with the trailer:
whysoserious

I enjoyed Jack Nicholson's Joker as well as Mark Hamill's from TAS, but they were both really cartoonish. (Being that Hamill's Joker actually is a cartoon, that makes sense, but I'm sure you get my point.)
I think Hamill's TAS Joker is my favorite version of the character thus far. I'll admit The Joker had a few cheesy episodes, but IMO he actually developed as a pretty dark character as the series progressed (ie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker). Mark Hamill's performance was brilliant - in fact, whenever I read Batman comics, I always imagine his voice and laugh.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by SpaceOddity; Dec 17, 2007 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Edit
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2007, 01:06 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2007, 11:06 PM #6 of 397
It's hard to know if Nicholson is being serious with that quote... he is known for being pretty dry. If he was serious, I guess he didn't bother watching Batman Begins and doesn't understand it was a reboot of the franchise. It's not like Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer or even Adam West (LOL) are angry that Christian Bale didn't ask them for advice.

Additional Spam:
An anime Batman OVA can in no way be any less lame than The Batman. The Joker is a Rastafarian now? Really?
Totally agree. I'm actually looking forward to it, especially if Bruce Timm is involved. I just wish they could bring Kevin Conroy back in to do Batman's voice... however, it probably won't happen since the anime is completely separate from the DC animated universe.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by SpaceOddity; Dec 25, 2007 at 01:11 AM.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 05:00 PM Local time: May 6, 2008, 03:00 PM #7 of 397
Hmm, I'm voting "fake" as well. Seems too gruesome to me... Of course, I am used to the Animated Series version with the blue face, white hair & yellow eye. LOL. And the original picture of Eckhart would have turn to up in order to debunk it (like the fake Joker picture that was circulating around, everyone thought it was the real thing).

FELIPE NO

Last edited by SpaceOddity; Jul 11, 2008 at 01:47 AM.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2008, 12:31 AM Local time: May 6, 2008, 10:31 PM #8 of 397
Interesting quote... If it is indeed the real deal, it's going to scare the crap out of all the really young kids that see the movie. LOL. Anyway, my general opinion is that anything's better than the pink Tommy Lee Jones makeup.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by SpaceOddity; May 7, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:27 AM Local time: Jul 12, 2008, 11:27 PM #9 of 397
I guess someone managed to take a few cell phone pictures of the film, and
Spoiler:
it looks like the "leaked" Two-Face photo posted in this thread is accurate.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:55 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2008, 01:55 PM #10 of 397
I also hear
Spoiler:
Batman
is in this movie.

Keep it under your hats.
LOL. Yeah, don't want to spoil that for anybody... But seriously, I didn't mean to start a spoiler tag-athon.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SpaceOddity
Chocobo

Member 427

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:09 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2008, 12:09 PM #11 of 397
Interesting points about The Joker in this thread, and I totally agree with the Mask of the Phantasm comments. (Bruce Timm's DCAU is criminally underrated by the general public). I just saw The Dark Knight yesterday, and there were definitely points where I thought to myself, "OK, Joker needs to shut up and get on with it." I agree that he tried to explain himself a wee bit too much, but then again, perhaps it's just a trademark of Nolan's because Scarecrow and (especially) Ra's al Ghul gave speeches left and right in Begins.

Other than that, though, Ledger was excellent as The Joker. He's definitely the best "live-action" incarnation so far and his performance puts Nicholson's to shame. I was surprised at how much I liked Eckhart as Two-Face - at the end of the movie, I found myself hoping they'll figure out some way to bring him back for the next one. LOL. Probably not, though.

My least favorite part of the movie was probably Batman himself. lol. This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I just can't bring myself to actually like Bale's version of Batman and (especially) Bruce Wayne. I can't really put my finger on the reason why, but I just don't find him likable or sympathetic at all. He's kind of just... there. Perhaps I've been so spoiled on Kevin Conroy's Batman over the years, growing attached to that version of the character that I'm just turned off by Bale's approach. I think I like Michael Keaton as Batman more than Bale.

Other than those quibbles, though, it was a pretty darn good movie. Not quite the hallowed masterpiece people hyped it up to be, but pretty good nonetheless.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)