Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

indutrial
Mind Candy

Member 2089

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2008, 05:28 AM #1 of 397
You know why Mask Of The Phantasm is the best Batman movie made? They don't discuss the reasons, they just tell a story; everything you can ask for is there if you decide to break it down, instead of the writer throwing it in your face.
As far as I see it, Mask of the Phantasm is also the movie with the best Joker. The whole 'agent of chaos' thing was kind of cliched and I left Dark Knight wondering why the Joker didn't tell any good jokes or drop any good plays on words like the kooky-yet-intimidatingly-evil animated Joker. I also wished that at least one of his props would include the hand buzzer, the laughing gas flower, anything.

I can't help but feel that this movie went a bit overboard in trying to appeal to every movie-goers' basest interests and desires, and the end result was too wanna-be-hardcore to actually inspire the feelings of fascination and excitement I had so hoped to gain from a movie about a guy who dresses up as a fucking bat and fights criminals. "Why so serious?", ehh. Maybe Chris Nolan should have taken that idea a bit more seriously. The Prestige, despite its thick air of darkness and tragedy, managed to keep me at the edge of my seat until the very end, introducing more and more mysterious and exciting elements until it reaches a fever pitch and smashes you with an awesome ending. I really wish that the same could have happened with TDK, and Batman Begins for that matter. TDK was too long and the plot ended up spider-webbing in too many disparate directions, leading to an extremely clumsy and anticlimactic conclusion.

I won't say that it's a crappy movie. I think all of the hot air holding it up needs to be let out of it a little. The IMDB thing is a downright hilarious display of pure asshole-mania. We may as well look at it retroactively and put movies like Total Recall and Spiderman in the top ten also. Those were exciting in the first few weeks they were out too, no?

Most amazing jew boots
"Hey, I calls them as I sees them. I'm a whale biologist!" ~ Whale Biologist, Futurama

"I do not know what tomorrow will bring. I can only be aware of what is true for me today. That is the truth which I am called upon to serve, and I serve it with full consciousness." ~ Igor Stravinsky

Last edited by indutrial; Jul 25, 2008 at 05:39 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)