Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:32 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2008, 05:32 AM #1 of 397
I'll copypasta some stuff from the journals.

So, the peek-a-premiere was tonight. The Dark Knight was more about the villains and the city again, the lack of which I wholly disliked in the previous film.

Action sucked, was too music video-y and quite unbalanced, and not to mention very unexciting. And completely unnecessary when looking at the big picture (the story). I could have lived without the million cars -chase stolen from Matrix 2 and the random mob guys popping out about in the end.

Ledger was what he could do as an actor in a very tightly written script. He did his part just great. Bale on the other hand was his own lispy self which I've always disliked. I kept thinking maybe someone else did the voiceovers for Batman, since they were actually unintentionally hilarious, even if they were obligatory. The other characters were just collateral. It was all about Batman and his flipside, The Joker. As implied by the presence of Two-Face and the flippage of million coins (got a bit annoying about halfway through).

Entropy and Chaos 101 was okay, if not a bit unnecessary until Harvey became what we know him for. They were the main driver of the plot and it worked out alright.

The thing I liked the very most about the movie was that during the stuff in Hong Kong, the kidnapping of the plotwise completely random asian guy, in the offices there was a huge aquarium and it didn't get smashed. How awesome is that!

Anyway, liked the flick as a whole. It's not an excellent movie in any way, but many small things make it an enjoyable watch.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel)