Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Shield

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:54 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 05:54 PM #1 of 38
The Shield

The Shield General Discussion:

All Shield discussion shall take place here

Description: (www.TV.com)

Quote:
The Shield breaks the conventional formula of the cop genre. It plays out in a tough, morally ambiguous world in which the line between good and bad is crossed every day. The series focuses on the tension between a group of corrupt but effective cops and a captain torn between bringing them down and advancing his own political ambitions. The Shield stars Michael Chiklis as rogue cop "Det. Vic Mackey," leader of the elite Strike Team unit, who is effective at eliminating crime but who operates under his own set of rules.

To download episodes:

http://ts.searching.com/search.asp?h...x=0&submit.y=0

Spoiler:
I can't believe Shane killed Lem, he didn't just kill him either, he blew him up. Although this does confirm that there will be a season 6, only question is will Vic kill Shane??

I think it would have been better if the grenade had gone off, but Lem had survived and we could of then seen if he would have ratted Shane out or killed him, but also whether he still would have trusted Vic.

Its made even worse by the fact that it was Lem who took the heroin in the first place to get Shane out of trouble, otherwise they wouldn't be in this mess.

Current Season: 5
Current Episode: 11

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 25, 2006 at 10:22 AM.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:43 PM #2 of 38
This show is fairly interesting. The fact that there is a decent amount of profanity actually helps, it certainly makes it more realistic. I mean, I'm watching Prison Break and I go, damn these people can't be this proper to each other in real life. Now if only "fuck" could be used regularly, that would take it all the way. I guess people aren't ready for "fuck" on basic cable, they can only put up with "shit" and "dick". Give it a few more years, I guess.

Anyway, this past episode's development was interesting, even though I haven't been following the plot carefully.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:01 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:01 PM #3 of 38
Isn't this a little late? I mean, the season finale already aired, and the next season probably isn't gonna start until January.

Anyway, yeah, this show is freaking great. Definitely in my top five of all time. It's just so gritty, in both its action and its dialogue. This is probably the only show on TV that has made me flinch because of its level of violence. Even at it's worst, this show is better than almost anything else on TV.

This last season was definitely great. The addition of Forest Whitaker as Kavanaugh was more than just stunt casting, as he added a lot of depth to the show. And the way the season ended, it's just too great for words. I can't wait for it to come back!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:06 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 11:06 PM #4 of 38
I just think it would kind of suck to have a 3 man strike team, face it you can't replace Lemansky, he was the one that kept the team honest, but at the same time would go along with whatever they did.

What I don't get is

Spoiler:
Why did Vic fuck his wife, sure it screwed with Kavanaugh's head but that was more random than spiteful.

The show is still definately great, although in series 4-5 theres something missing that was in the first 3 series that made the show epic. Personally I didn't like the Atwon Mitchell storyline. I think its shifted more to them trying to cover there asses rather than busting some skulls and bringing in the big perps, which I think is a shame because I love their style of brutal policing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 24, 2006 at 05:15 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:31 PM #5 of 38
Originally Posted by El Ray Fernando
I just think it would kind of suck to have a 3 man strike team, face it you can't replace Lemansky, he was the one that kept the team honest, but at the same time would go along with whatever they did.
Maybe they'll bring back Tavon to be on the team (yeah right, though it is weird how he just disappeared).

Quote:
What I don't get is

Spoiler:
Why did Vic fuck his wife, sure it screwed with Kavanaugh's head but that was more random than spiteful.
Spoiler:
Watching that scene over again, it looks like she was the one that wanted to fuck him. And since she's crazy, she really needs no excuse as to why she wanted (and why would Vic refuse someone as hot as Gina Torres?).

Quote:
The show is still definately great, although in series 4-5 theres something missing that was in the first 3 series that made the show epic. Personally I didn't like the Atwon Mitchell storyline. I think its shifted more to them trying to cover there asses rather than busting some skulls and bringing in the big perps.
But the show has always been about them covering their asses, ever since the first episode (killing Terry was an act of covering their asses). It wouldn't be The Shield if they weren't trying to cover their asses one way or another (from the good guys or the bad guys).

How ya doing, buddy?
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 11:36 PM #6 of 38
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
But the show has always been about them covering their asses, ever since the first episode (killing Terry was an act of covering their asses). It wouldn't be The Shield if they weren't trying to cover their asses one way or another (from the good guys or the bad guys).
Yes but in series 1-3 they were covering their ass' but were still bringing down all the big drug dealers and gangs. Bringing in the perps while still covering their behinds added that extra bit of suspense and pressure, to see how they could achieve both aims. But I must admit at least they have managed to keep the drama going throughout all 5 series.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 24, 2006 at 05:43 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:49 PM #7 of 38
Yes but in series 1-3 they were covering their ass' but were still bringing down all the big drug dealers and gangs. Bringing in the perps while still covering their behinds added that extra bit of suspense and pressure, to see how they could achieve both aims.
Well, season 4 was just like the other seasons in that respect (bringing down members of Antwon's gang, all the while trying to connect him to them as well, especially after the cop killings), but I'll admit season 5 was different compared to those. But that's only because this season was about their past catching up with them. In effect, Kavanaugh was their major enemy this season, compared to Gilroy (in a sense), Armadillo, the Armenian mob, and Antwon of the past seasons. Though he technically wasn't a bad guy overall, fighting Kavanaugh took a lot of the Strike Team's time and effort this season, so this made it hard to have a real villain as well.

FELIPE NO
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 11:53 PM #8 of 38
When they did that fake deal with the Russians to show up Kavanaugh, really brought back the charm of the previous series. The one thing that makes it so good in my opinion is that, yes they are a brutal team of cops but at the same time are very swift and intelligent in keeping a step ahead.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Mar 24, 2006 at 05:56 PM.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:43 AM #9 of 38
I really need to download this show. I was watching it a few years ago, but then it was mysteriously removed from the air. I loved it though. Gritty, bad ass corrupt cop show. It rocks.

El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:23 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 04:23 PM #10 of 38
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
I really need to download this show. I was watching it a few years ago, but then it was mysteriously removed from the air. I loved it though. Gritty, bad ass corrupt cop show. It rocks.
Seasons 1-5 are all downloadable via torrents, and are seeded decently, you should more or less be able to find them all following the link in the first post.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:24 AM #11 of 38
Seasons 1-5 are all downloadable via torrents, and are seeded decently, you should more or less be able to find them all following the link in the first post.
I know. . . I actually did read the thread before posting.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:39 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 09:39 PM #12 of 38
Just finished season 5. Unfuckingbelievable. Easily the best season yet. Best writing on any show ever (besides season 1-3 of 24). Oh and Whitaker was damn awesome.

Spoiler:
I cry for Lem =(

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Aug 18, 2008 at 01:12 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2007, 09:48 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2007, 08:48 PM #13 of 38
Man, now that 24 is MIA, I can't wait for The Shield to start back up again. It sucks that it'll be the last season, but I need something to give me an action/drama fix that can rival 24.

I was speaking idiomatically.
El Ray Fernando
Scholeski

Member 70

Level 26.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:37 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2007, 01:37 AM #14 of 38
I love how they saved Vic at the end of season 6 with the mysterious box in the trunk, although it was anti-climatic it means season 7 will be war because of what he and Aceveda found in there.

The question remains will Vic a) go unpunished b) ass in jail c) Die I mean they have to end it somehow. Seems like Aceveda is probably gonna get it too.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by El Ray Fernando; Dec 6, 2007 at 07:40 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:59 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2008, 12:59 PM 1 #15 of 38
One of the best shows ever, anyone who says otherwise has serious problems, is returning in nearly two weeks now (sept 2nd). Similar to 24 it has had a hugggggge break due to the writers strike. With the LAST season all hell could break loose. Who knows what the hell may happen with the continuity of the six prior seasons so prevalent. I have never watched a show so intricately thought out where each episode since the beginning has had an impact on the following episodes and seasons.

Oh and season 6 dvd coming out Aug 26th if you missed it.

FELIPE NO
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2008, 02:03 PM 1 #16 of 38
I'm waiting for one of those best buy sales to pick the show up on dvd but I agree, definitely one of the better shows out right now.
Spoiler:
Lem's death was so fucking huge.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Contracts
Chocobo

Member 1639

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2008, 03:03 PM 1 #17 of 38
One of the best shows ever, anyone who says otherwise has serious problems, is returning in nearly two weeks now (sept 2nd). Similar to 24 it has had a hugggggge break due to the writers strike. With the LAST season all hell could break loose. Who knows what the hell may happen with the continuity of the six prior seasons so prevalent. I have never watched a show so intricately thought out where each episode since the beginning has had an impact on the following episodes and seasons.

Oh and season 6 dvd coming out Aug 26th if you missed it.
I'm a huge fan of this series, however I do not have Cable so I wasn't able to catch Season 6 (I watched all the other seasons on DVD), I'll definitely be picking this one up when it comes out.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2008, 03:51 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2008, 02:51 PM 1 #18 of 38
Similar to 24 it has had a hugggggge break due to the writers strike.
It was actually FX more than anything else, as the majority of S7 was finished before the Writers' Strike, and it was one of the few shows still in production during the strike. Chiklis had to produce the last episode himself, but after the strike ended Ryan came in and edited it (no offense to Chiklis, but I'd definitely rather have the creator's vision on something as important as the series finale).

But anyway, definitely can't wait for this show to start (or should I be saying end?). Aside from 24, this is definitely the best show on TV right now, and I expect nothing but epic awesomeness to come from this final season.

Most amazing jew boots
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:12 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2008, 01:12 PM #19 of 38
The premiere fucking kicked ass. Sick just sick. That is how it is done prison break. 0_-

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:35 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2008, 04:35 PM 1 #20 of 38
Haha, seriously. Never took my eyes off the screen for a second.

The only part I didn't like was that federal agent that came in. Her character seemed kind of generic and pointless, especially compared to someone like Kavanaugh. I suppose she could get better, but I just don't see the point of introducing yet another character in that vein so close to the end of the show.

Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:43 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2008, 05:43 PM #21 of 38
Yeah, I noticed her, but don't know what to think as of yet. I really hope they can somehow bring back Kavenaugh or Antwone if story and time allows for it. However, I doubt the former. At least bring back Diro.

Spoiler:
I wonder what Vic and Ronnie are going to do with Shane. At the end there, they seem to be alluding to killing him, but I doubt that will ever happen unless it is an accident. Don't think they are like him and would go that far.

Also, did anyone else think that Ronnie totally had his own motivations in killing Zadofian before they revealed that it was a setup to get both of them off? For some reason I think Ronnie is going to turn on them at some point, but I hope he doesn't. Please no spoilers if they are out there.

Great acting by the strike team. I really hope Chiklis gets an actor nomination and maybe even goggins for supporting actor for the globes or emmys when it is all said and done. Goggins deserves it for his performance over the course of the series.

Oh and loled when Julien wasn't leaving so Vic and Ronnie could talk privately.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; Sep 3, 2008 at 05:47 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:13 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2008, 05:13 PM 1 #22 of 38
Yeah, I noticed her, but don't know what to think as of yet. I really hope they can somehow bring back Kavenaugh or Antwone if story and time allows for it. However, I doubt the former. At least bring back Diro.
I doubt any of the big name stars will show up this season, as they said they just wanted to focus mainly on the Strike Team for this final season.

As for someone who is coming back (spoilered since it could be considered a spoiler, though I don't know in what capacity the character is coming back in or anything (I only know they're coming back to begin with because someone mentioned it in an interview)):

Spoiler:
Tavon, that Strike Team member that Shane almost killed back in S2 or whatever. They definitely left his storyline hanging, so it's good to see some resolve after all these years.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I wonder what Vic and Ronnie are going to do with Shane. At the end there, they seem to be alluding to killing him, but I doubt that will ever happen unless it is an accident. Don't think they are like him and would go that far.

Also, did anyone else think that Ronnie totally had his own motivations in killing Zadofian before they revealed that it was a setup to get both of them off? For some reason I think Ronnie is going to turn on them at some point, but I hope he doesn't. Please no spoilers if they are out there.

Spoiler:
Everything Ronnie did in last night's episode striked me as kinda odd. He definitely seemed more aggressive than he's ever been, almost on the same level as Vic. I don't know about him having his own intentions or anything, but I could definitely see them setting him up to be Vic's successor if something happens to him.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:29 PM #23 of 38
The fact that Walton Goggins hasn't been nominated for anything thus far is a an absolute joke. He is one of the best actors on TV if you ask me.

Last night was fantastic. Gonna be an interesting season!

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2008, 05:53 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2008, 05:53 PM #24 of 38
Every episode great so far like usual. 1st and 3rd being the best eps. Love how stupid Rezian is. And what a display by Vic and Shane bullshitting each other at the end of the third.

I didn't like how they downplayed Mara with the package Shane wrote on the Strike team. It could come up in later eps, but I would think Mara finding out about everything else besides the money train and Lem would be pretty big. It was assumed she read it, since it was open right?

Most amazing jew boots
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:01 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2008, 02:01 AM #25 of 38
I seriously thought the last episode was one of the best ever. Fucking intense throughout.
Spoiler:
Shane did have me fooled in thinking that he didnt realize the setup
. The story has so been so damn solid before. It is a shame the show never got more viewers then it did. Thank god for DVDs though.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Shield