Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] YOU DON'T KNOW JACK IS BACK, BITCH

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2011, 03:37 PM 3 #1 of 13
YOU DON'T KNOW JACK IS BACK, BITCH

I can't believe this shit has gone under the radar like it has. If you know what YDJK is you need to be buying that shit like right now so we can fucking play it. If you don't know, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Copying the OP from SA cause I'm a lazy faggot and it's better than whatever I'd make

----

Release Date: Feburary 8
Systems: PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo DS, Wii
MSRP: $39.99 (360/PS3), $29.99 (NDS/Wii), $19.99 (PC). Several sites including Amazon and Gamestop are taking reduced-price preorders. $30 for PS3/360

Links
Official YDKJ 2k11 site
GiantBomb Quick Look

Reviews

Originally Posted by A Concerned Citizen
A Concerned Citizen posted:

(1 star) dont buy this game
This game was so vulgar. Very inappropriate. I thought it was a trivia game but all they do is call you names and say bad words. Don't waste your money.
On February 8, the trivia gods known as Jellyvision descend from the heavens and deliver us from boredom with You Don't Know Jack, the first retail release of the classic quiz game series in nearly 8 years. For those of you who have yet to be enlightened, YDKJ is a long-running trivia game series that has striven over the years to tickle your funny bone while at the same time making you feel like a dumbass, and occasionally threatening to ruin friendships through the use of pointy spiral-shaped fasteners.

So what can you expect from YDKJ 2k11?
  • For one, it's the first single multi-platform YDKJ title ever made, giving you the choice of five systems to play it on and special features with certain systems. The the PS3 Buzz! and 360 Scene It? controllers are supported. (Buzz! buzzers aren't supported, according to Jellyvision ) Also, the PC version only supports up to two players, has no online multiplayer and unlike the 360/PS3 versions will not be getting DLC.
  • 73 10-question episodes making for 730 questions worth of pure Jack goodness, along with additional episodes in the near future via DLC.
  • Multiplayer has expanded to not only include 4-player local multiplayer, but also online support for console versions, a rarity in the series. Online multiplayer is included for 360 & PS3, ad-hoc wifi on NDS and local multi on Wii & PC.
  • Classic YDKJ staples make a return, including the ability to “screw” your opponent and force them to answer a question for you. Also mini-games including DisOrDat (finally with multiplayer) and the climatic Jack Attack.
  • Unlockable hidden prizes and the usual achievement/trophy support for consoles. But more importantly, NEW COMMERCIALS!
  • And finally, the return of Cookie Masterson as your benevolent and/or sarcastic host!
Remember, on Feb. 8 high culture and pop culture collide once more!

----

Are we gonna get some of this shit on or what?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

#654: Braixen
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:10 PM #2 of 13
I loved YDKJ from WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the PC days. Didn't have enough questions though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:36 PM #3 of 13
Mo0 and I have been having great fun with this. Those questions in the OP were in the round we played last night.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:58 PM #4 of 13
Only did not buy this because there's no subtitles for Cookie's dialogue, which means Philia would miss out on half of the fun.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:05 PM #5 of 13
I was actually gonna make a post about this, but never got around to it. That said... I've got this on 360. Let's get on this, yo.

Most amazing jew boots
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:29 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2011, 08:29 AM #6 of 13
So it appears everyone who is getting this is getting it for 360, guess its time to up my gold membership.

Most amazing jew boots
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:38 AM Local time: Mar 2, 2011, 05:38 PM #7 of 13
So it appears everyone who is getting this is getting it for 360
Surely this applies to every multiplatform game of the current generation? I don't really see the point of an Xbox without a full gold membership.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:37 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2011, 12:37 PM #8 of 13
Quote:
Also, the PC version only supports up to two players, has no online multiplayer and unlike the 360/PS3 versions will not be getting DLC.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(Also, I hope they fixed the bugs from the earlier PC games where they didn't randomly select which episode to play and instead went through them sequentially. I still remember "Knit Bonnet Nazi" for one of the jumble things.)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2011, 05:27 PM #9 of 13
I'm pretty sure it goes through them sequentially now, but it tries to select episodes that neither player has played. You have a 360, RR, why don't you buy it on that?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2011, 05:41 PM #10 of 13
As annoying as they were, I kind of miss the Flickerpiss Lessnums.

Uh. I mean Gibberish Questions.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 2, 2011, 06:41 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2011, 04:41 PM #11 of 13
Mostly because I'm pretty much never on my 360 the same time as you guys, and I don't see this game being much fun with randoms from Live. =/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:58 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2011, 07:58 AM #12 of 13
Surely this applies to every multiplatform game of the current generation? I don't really see the point of an Xbox without a full gold membership.
I live with roommates, and found myself playing 360 games with them more than online, so I didn't really need a gold membership prior to this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:21 PM #13 of 13
Gamestop has dropped Wii/PS3/360 versions to $20 new. You really shouldn't pass it up at that price.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tags
cookie masterson, fuck me? no. fuck you!, nostalgia, you don't know jack

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] YOU DON'T KNOW JACK IS BACK, BITCH