Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Mortal Kombat: Rebirth

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 07:29 AM 1 4 #1 of 6
Mortal Kombat: Rebirth

So with the Mortal Kombat series getting a reboot in video game form, it looks like someone's out to reboot the movie series too. Apparently this is just a pitch (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, going by what I've read) that was created to garner interest and warrant someone to pick up and let the full product be made and released.

Mortal Kombat: Rebirth

Now I have to say, I might go see something like this (cause I love me some horrible movies). The first movie was actually decent and the second... well... I guess was very OK. But the darker turn this seems to want to take is rather interesting and will fail horribly to everyone who has common sense.

Question is, do you think the series should be restarted theatrically too? Or just wait to see how the new game does?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:44 AM #2 of 6
This was the dumbest thing and if you are seriously considering it worthwhile you are a terrible person. Mortal Kombat does not work in a serious (or rather, a super realistic) context ever. That trailer was essentially 7 minutes of very very bad ideas. PA said it much better than I could about why things like this are silly.

Also the first movie was (ironically and unironically) the best video game movie ever, why would you want to mess with it?

Most amazing jew boots

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Aug 6, 2010 at 11:48 AM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:53 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2010, 10:53 AM #3 of 6
Also the second one was plucked from the very depths of hell and then shat upon by hundreds of dirty midgets with dysentery.

"Very OK" my ass.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:34 PM #4 of 6
That's well and good. The movie will be horrible. I know it, everyone knows it and everyone who gives disses knows it. We all know that my taste in movies is like the bile that gets passed through a colon 100 times only to be vomited on once more for good measure.

And "very ok" didn't mean I liked it. I just tolerated it, like many other shitty movies I have to my collection.

How ya doing, buddy?

Worm
:furious proofreading noises:

Member 11262

Level 15.40

Aug 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:40 PM #5 of 6
The stupidity of dark and gritty Mortal Kombat notwithstanding, the way this fight scene is shot and edited is better than any mainstream American action movie of the last 10 years.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Randi
You may be a sinner but your innocence is mine

Member 33495

Level 7.28

Apr 2009

Old Aug 29, 2010, 04:55 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2010, 01:55 PM #6 of 6
I didn't think it looked that horrible at all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Mortal Kombat: Rebirth