Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Inception

Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2010, 02:24 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2010, 12:24 AM #26 of 37
This is a pretty insightful article:

NEVER WAKE UP: THE MEANING AND SECRET OF INCEPTION

Spoiler:
Also now that I've thought about it, it's plausible that the parts of the movie we assume as reality might not be. The totem is kind of red-herring if it's Cobb's own dream. He knows how it's supposed to work.
Spoiler:

Great article, first of all. I really like this theory and I'm almost half convinced by it. When a theory becomes ultra meta like that it becomes really hard to prove anything. All clues point to yes, but it's still a bunch of clues. I like that.

Either way, I really appreciate the open ending now. A person can leave having seen a great action flick or a super meta alegory, or anything in between. A good movie needs to catch a wide audience, right? So when you catch people who love action and those who love deeper meanings I think you've done something interesting.

Unfortunately you always end up with a group of people that feel like it's self indulgent or trite. Too bad for them. After a second viewing, A fucking +.

Most amazing jew boots
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2010, 04:10 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2010, 01:10 AM #27 of 37
I thought the movie was great, but I kinda wish it gave some sort of explanation about
Spoiler:
how they were all able to link up in the same dream. I know those machines have something to do with it, but I'd like to know what exactly happens to cause that.

Unless it was in there and I just completely didn't catch it.

Edit: So I just read that article, and I can kind of see now why it wasn't explained more. Or at least a possibility of why, if the movie is meant to be taken that way.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:40 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2010, 08:40 PM #28 of 37
Spoiler:
I appreciated them cutting that explanation. The movie was long enough and a half-baked reasoning behind what you're talking about would have been dangerous. Suspension of disbelief only goes so far and it would have, perhaps, taken the viewer out of it.

Just know that it works, that's all. Plus the lack of explanation does lend a tremendous hand to the previously mentioned meta-theory.

In other news, I'm going to go see this movie for the THIRD TIME this week, tonight.

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:31 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2010, 09:31 PM #29 of 37
I saw this last Friday, was going to go see it again tonight but my friend wasn't feeling well. Perhaps tomorrow night. At any rate, I LOVED the movie.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:20 AM #30 of 37
Spoiler:
Anyone start wondering if the whole thing isn't just a sloppy "turtles all the way down" explaination? I've only seen the movie once so maybe I missed something critical but when you build a movie based on "Is this a dream or isnt it" and then remove the narrative structure that the question sits on - doesn't that become an utterly meaningless exercise?

Again, I'm just throwing that out there. I'm not sure if it holds much water but I still get the feeling that theres something to it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:00 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2010, 07:00 PM #31 of 37
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:54 AM 3 #32 of 37

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
slessman
phone on a rock

Member 35117

Level 6.05

Jan 2010

Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:57 PM #33 of 37
I thought the movie was great, but I kinda wish it gave some sort of explanation about
Spoiler:
how they were all able to link up in the same dream. I know those machines have something to do with it, but I'd like to know what exactly happens to cause that.

Unless it was in there and I just completely didn't catch it.

Edit: So I just read that article, and I can kind of see now why it wasn't explained more. Or at least a possibility of why, if the movie is meant to be taken that way.
I dunno, if you think you missed it then they didn't do a good enough job of explaining in my opinion. I think that a lot of us feel as though there wasn't adequate enough explanation in the film. I definitely could have used more. But it was enjoyable regardless. Just left me kinda stumped as far as answers to some very valid questions are concerned.

Most amazing jew boots
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2010, 05:42 PM #34 of 37
The movie didn't advertise itself as a documentary on the technology. It was explained well enough to support the plot and the bullshit science involved was glossed over. I don't think Nolan was that interested in explaining how a completely implausible machine was able to work its magic.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Inception