Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] The Outfit Demo

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:11 AM #1 of 7
The Outfit Demo

Just came out today, and it was pretty small at around 450 megs. The demo is multiplayer only, though you can play 2 player split screen.

I just played it for several hours, and the game reminds me of a mix of C&C Renegade and Unreal Tournament's Onslaught. I do like how the "buying" works, and it's fun to setup Gun placements and calling Airstrikes.

The graphics definitely aren't "next gen" however, and the controls are a little touchy. My main gripe though is the lag, oftentimes I'll get a direct shot on the enemy, and the hit won't register. This is especially stupid when you're using the sniper. The vehicle controls could also use some work, most of them are control awkward.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:19 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:19 PM #2 of 7
It's not only 2 player split screen. You can play 8 player matches over LIVE if you have a subscription.

Played it. Graphics are terrible, control is horrible, gameplay is below average. 4/10.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:43 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 12:43 PM #3 of 7
Originally Posted by TubeRacer
It's not only 2 player split screen. You can play 8 player matches over LIVE if you have a subscription.

Played it. Graphics are terrible, control is horrible, gameplay is below average. 4/10.
Yes, I played it on Live, though mainly up to 6 people because of the matching system that oddly limits to 3v3 matches.

The game is definitely an acquired taste, as it is most definitely not a traditional shooter. I actually like these type of shooters (or at least C&C Renegade), but I just wish this game had worked out a lot of the kinks that really hold it back from what it's trying to be.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Darkelf
used to be XenoMorph

Member 1510

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:41 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:41 PM #4 of 7
Ever since I saw the trailers that showed this game in motion I was awestruck how much it resembled Mercenaries, with the main difference you get to destroy in WW2 era in the Outfit. Everything else looked the same, except for the graphics of course.

Most amazing jew boots
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:57 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:57 PM #5 of 7
Well, it has more ressemblances to C&C RENEGADE, which came before MERCENARIES.

Anyhoo, it's a game that needs to be tamed, you need to learn all the basic controls and functions; it took me 5 games before realising I could purchase stuff with the 'Y' button. o_O

I've been playing with a friend online, yesterday, for 2 hours straight and it was a blast.

By the way, does anyone with are the points in the middle-top of the screen?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:07 AM #6 of 7
I actually like the demo myself. I felt that it was a good, arcade style, pick-up and play style game. I can't say that it'll have many hardcore fans, but it will be one fun game. (if it's your style) It might not be for everyone, but the people who do like this sort of thing have been waiting a while for it so this type of game on a console is long overdue. Though Mercenaries was close.

Anyhow, never base a final game on a demo. Demos tend to be based on half way builds so many bugs and graphic buffers can still be refined come time of final release. And as far as the online lag goes, it seems that almost no 360 game yet runs without lag, and I dought Microsoft is dedicating many resources to run a bloody demo.

In my opinion though, I am simply entertained by the exploding enviroments, and dropping tanks on my enemies. ^^

*This post has not been spell checked*

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:48 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:48 AM #7 of 7
Played some more, and it's become quite clear that "AA Guns" are overpowered. It costs only around 300, and it rips all infantry to shreds. They have ridiculously long range, and Tanks cost too much, are too fragile, and control too badly to be a viable option against them.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] The Outfit Demo