Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:28 PM Local time: Feb 1, 2010, 06:28 PM #3501 of 3609
FYI Michaels plans to take a break after mania sooooo...Buried Alive match at Wrestlemania?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:45 PM #3502 of 3609
RAW spoilers

Spoiler:
The confrontation between Bret and Vince was pretty good and the show up of Batista means there's more in line for their battle with Batista involved.

I'm curious over the reaction with the Big Show. For his story character, he seemed quite genuinely upset over the ruling.

Shawn looks pretty distraught so maybe he's a bye bye or something that will warrant a change in tag team champions?

The other thing I liked about the show is the number of times the world Canadian was mentioned lol.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2010, 06:29 PM 1 1 #3503 of 3609
So ECW will die, again.

Vince McMahon announced that he is ending ECW in three weeks. Though he mentioned that ECW will be replaced by a new show, it's unclear if that will just be a show (e.g. Superstars) or it's own brand.

Either way, let's take a short look back at ECW.

ECW was a brand used to help stars on the rise (C.M. Punk, John Morrison, Bobby Lashley), reward those who no other "world" title would be appropriate (Tommy Dreamer, Kane, Mark Henry) or for those who the future is still in question (Jack Swagger, Christian). Though it seemed promising in concept, in reality it was far from the ECW of old. ECW had long been known for matches where virtually anything was allowed, clean, decisive wins during the right times was also part of it's history. The time when RVD capture and resurrected the ECW world title should have been one of those times. Unfortunately, it was not as Edge basically handed RVD the title.

Another trait for ECW was that it stood on it's own. Though that obviously couldn't be the case now, it was worsen with the fact that nearly every WWE superstar from the Undertaker to Kane to Batista to Ric Flair were put in an ECW world title match in hopes to build interest. Though ECW did have those special matches where an "outsider' would come in to challenge for the title, MOST of the matches were contested by those within the company.

Another issue was the fan interest in the champions. In ECW, they either really hated the champ or really liked the champ. For ECW, for nearly a year they had champions that the fans just wanted to see go onto another brand. Fans abhorred Big Show as champ. They booed Lashley out of the building when he won the title. Many stopped caring and the few who did were disgusted seeing Vince walk around with the title. Even John Morrison was a hard sell as though he was (and is) gifted, he was still seen as primarily a tag team wrestler.

Speaking of wrestlers, many of the aspects of ECW were slowly (or quickly) removed that made ECW recognizable. First, noDQ matches were quickly abolished. Second, many of the old ECW wrestlers were gone within a year, either through a brand trade or just from leaving the company altogether. Granted, this happens in ALL companies, but it's amazing to look how different ECW was when it first started compared to a year later.

The title itself took a hit as time went on. RVD and Big Show are credible world champions whether one likes their wrestling ability or not. Bobby Lashley though impressive, was a bit of a step down. Vince McMahon became a serious step down and practically killed the title. Lashley won the title back but couldn't even give that next star a rub as he vacated the title a few weeks later. John Morrison was seen as a mid-carder which was another step down. Punk helped the title gain credibility but his lost to Chavo hurt the title more as Chavo usually had the role as a lower mid-carder (this has been made only worse with the fact Chavo lost about a billion times to hornswaggle). Kane helped the title regain a little credibility but it was lost again to Mark Henry who up to this point never had won a title and had floundered in every main event shot he had. Matt Hardy didn't make an impact either way but looked bad when jack Swagger won the title. Granted, Swagger has a good amateur background, but he was virtually unknown, which hurt the title. Christian helped the title regain some credibility but he lost it to Dreamer whom everyone sees as basically a jobber these days. Christian did regain the title and had reigned every since, giving the title some dignity and meaning, but overall the title has taken a major hit. And this isn't even counting the fact that the only title match at Wrestlemania was less than ten seconds. Nor is this counting that title defenses on PPV got so irregular that even the CHAMPION started to talk about it.

Finally, the angles themselves were far from the caliber found in the old ECW. Part of this isn't the WWE's fault -- half the things done on ECW couldn't be shown on national T.V. Furthermore, the WWE now has a much more kid friendly demeanor. However, overall, they were still weak. There was rarely ever a compelling storyline. Usually, the major angles involved trying to set up the next challenger for the title. Sure, some of them WERE emotional. Tommy Dreamer's farewell was done wonderfully (albeit with relatively short notice). Yet those some were few and far between. It didn't take long for one to realize you were watching WWE-style programming through the ECW brand name.

I suppose it's for the best. The ECW fans of old have pretty much stopped watching. Most current WWE fans see ECW as a second-tier show. Everything that was ECW is gone now. The roster, the announcers, the PPVs, even the original belt itself, are all gone. Vince McMahon milked the brand as much as he possibly could. It's all milked out. It's time to let it die, this time for good.

How ya doing, buddy?
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 05:35 PM #3504 of 3609
AWESOME!!!

Spoiler:
So DX loses titles to team AWESOME! Honestly, I am liking the Miz a lot more lately because the guy is just an awesome heel with his lines like AWESOME!!! and REALLY??? While on the DX front, I believe this may... just may setup a match with Trips vs HBK at wrestlemania given HBK does not have an event at wrestlemania. Maybe HBK and Undertaker will both retire at the same time with HBK's current storyline ending with him realizing he hurt his friend HHH and HHH giving him his wrestlemania moment by letting HBK beat him but then realize the folly of his ways.

In other news, Bret vs Vince at WW was a horrible secret and quite predictable.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 06:23 PM #3505 of 3609
AWESOME!!!

Spoiler:
So DX loses titles to team AWESOME! Honestly, I am liking the Miz a lot more lately because the guy is just an awesome heel with his lines like AWESOME!!! and REALLY??? While on the DX front, I believe this may... just may setup a match with Trips vs HBK at wrestlemania given HBK does not have an event at wrestlemania. Maybe HBK and Undertaker will both retire at the same time with HBK's current storyline ending with him realizing he hurt his friend HHH and HHH giving him his wrestlemania moment by letting HBK beat him but then realize the folly of his ways.

In other news, Bret vs Vince at WW was a horrible secret and quite predictable.

Spoiler:
I believe it is going to set it up. I'm pretty sure either way it'll end up HBK going heel on this. (The obvious thing would be to turn Triple H heel, but that might wait til after Mania).

Bret vs Vince could be entertaining. But the fact remains that the price of Wrestlemania has increased to something like $70, so I might torrent it or spend the $30 in a month to get it on DVD. I want actually want to see this year's, I just don't think it'll be worth the PPV price. :\

Jam it back in, in the dark.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:40 PM #3506 of 3609
HBK as a heel would be new....but he has had heelish qualities there and again throughout the last few years. I'm interested to see what would happen if HBK lost. Would he go psycho or would he regain his composure, accept his loss, shake Taker's hand and move on?

Speaking of heel turns, John Morrison may be turning heel again. That's fairly amazing given he's barely been a face more than six months. Word is out he was more effective as a heel....I disagree. I think he works well as a face. He just needs to actually WIN some matches. Have the guy beat Batista clean for a Wrestlemania world title match is my suggestion. Then again, talking about Wrestlemania, world title, and a heel turn, I could almost see Morrison winning MITB and then cashing it in on an unsuspecting face.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:28 AM #3507 of 3609
I bet Vince is paying Bret a lotttttttttttttt of money. It has to be.. I wasn't too thrilled by his return like I thought I was. Just didnt seem like the Bret I knew.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:45 PM #3508 of 3609
Half a million is the reported amount. And there is a Wrestlemania bonus on top I believe.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2010, 04:33 PM #3509 of 3609
Sooo...

Quote:
During a conference call today, Vince McMahon said that the PPV name Survivor Series is now "obsolete," and will not be used as the title of the November event in the future. He added that the PPV name has "outlasted its usage."
Vince seems to have lost his mind again. Oh and this is pretty lol too:

Quote:

WWE sent out a survey today asking fans if they would be interested in seeing the following PPV ideas. Additionally, the survery notes that the annual WWE draft would possibly be moved to a PPV night , with Superstars and Divas competing in matches to win draft picks for their respective brands.

PPV Name/Theme Ideas:

Tournament:

Single Elimintation "bracket style" tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the winner of the tournament.

Legends PPV:

Each match would feature a WWE Legend.

War Games:

Teams of 5 Collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.

Street Fight:

Main Events would feature a 'Street Fight' stipulation where there are no disqualifications & pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in street clothes.

Money in the Bank PPV:

The main event "Money in the Bank" match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can "cash in" the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the "Money in the Bank" match.

Roulette:

Main Event Stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette wheel.

Battle Bowl PPV:

Random Tag Teams compete together - sometimes arch-rivals - with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially recieve a championship match.
Some brilliant PPV ideas eh?

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2010, 05:05 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2010, 05:05 PM 1 #3510 of 3609
You're right. Vince HAS lost his damn mind.

Survivor Series has been one of the biggest WWE traditions for over 20 years. I say this because it was in fact, this event in 1989, that I marked my debut as a fan of wrestling. Ever since, I have constantly looked forward to these annual events, and have, with absolutely no hesitation, gone back and purchased the Anthology sets for the first 10 years.

If there's anything that really ruined the reputation of the Survivor Series, it's 2 things.

1. making normal matches
2. making championship matches
3. the Montreal Screwjob

For them to just do away with a tradition like that is beyond one of the stupidest things Vince has ever done for the business.

And really, the choices he's given the fans to decide on aren't really that great. In fact, the only choice that would truly have any hope of saving a Thanksgiving tradition would be the WCW-born "War Games".

Tournament would be useless unless a title or gigantic pay raise were on the line. MITB is a WrestleMania tradition, and the idea of random tag teams possibly involving bitter enemies?... I can see the ultimate failure in that concept. Street Fight = too many people going on the injured list, screwing up storylines left and right. Roulette... well, the only good thing about Roulette is that the Inferno Match would be on it, unless Vince pulled the plug on that. And as far as Legends go, who can still fight? Steamboat was probably the only truly impressive one for his age at WM 25, several other legends jumped ship to TNA (Nasty Boys, Dudleys, Hall, Nash, etc.), and most othersare just plain out of it. Lawler would probably be the only other abled Legend, or Hall of Famer, who could still fight.

So, yeah, honestly, Vince, take a wreath of barbs, and swallow it. You're killing WWE more and more every year.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2010, 08:27 PM #3511 of 3609
First, word is out John Morrison is hurt. He managed to break his foot in three places. Hard to say if it's legit though as this could be a reason for HBK to get Smackdown!'s EC. If it is legit, well, that's one way for Morrison and Melina (presuming they ARE back together) to get some quality time together.

Second, Sim, I think you meant THREE things (unless I missed something).

Third, I can see why Vince is ending Survivor Series. I think he's a fool to end one of the few yearly traditions they have left that goes back to the heyday of the WWE. However:
1.) The concept of Survivor Series has been dying since 2000. IN 2002 they didn't even have a traditional Survivor Series match. They then had a Survivor Series match here and there up to and including 2009.
2.) The WWE didn't really do that great of a job building up four on four, or five on five matches like they did in the old days. I mean, there aren't even team names anymore, let alone having a good amount of time to build up those matches. Granted, they only have a few weeks to maybe a month nowadays to do so.
3.) The alliances were so hard to accept because of things like the brand split. I mean, you'd have guys who were feuding one month suddenly join forces to defend their brand. Even worse, this past year we had a PPV that was basically a brand versus brand match, only to have individuals from both brands join together the next month in a Survivor Series match.

The fact is, the WWE killed the Survivor Series because they didn't put on interesting matches nor made good use of the Survivor Series format.

As for the new PPV ideas:

Draft PPV - Idiotic. Few would buy a PPV to find out who is going where. Most would wait until after the PPV to learn the results. Besides, the Draft is a nice enticement for Raw / Smackdown! AND really makes Night of Champions matches interesting. Add this PPV and NoC will lose some interest.

Tournament - You mean like King of the Ring?

War Games - This CAN be interesting if they REALLY build up feuds. I mean, to the breaking point (not the PPV). To the Extreme (not the....you get it). So that means (I do how the writers are paying attention) that you CANNOT throw this PPV together with some guys who have been feuding for the last four weeks.

Street Fight - What made HBK / HHH at Summerslam 2002 so good? Part of it was both men's athletic ability. Part of it was HBK's big return. But a lot of it was the fact they had a street fight, which was the only street fight on the card, and one of the few that year. Having a street fight for each match waters down them all.

Legends PPV - Sim, gotta call you. The Nasty Boys aren't quite legends my friend. Heck, I am still shocked that they have shown up after TEN YEARS to feud with Team 3D. At any rate, as you stated Sim, most of the legends are either in TNA, are retired or something "else". Currently, you have (at best) Undertaker, HBK, Triple H, Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy Snuka (who last year showed his age to say the least), Roddy Piper (who also showed his age), Bret Hart (who is very limited), Steve Austin (limited and unlikely) Jericho (debatable but let's give him credit), John Cena (debatable), randy Savage (if that could ever happen), The Warrior (see Savage and multiply the unlikelihood by 1000), Goldberg (debatable and about as likely as the Warrior), Kane (very debatable), Edge (debatable), and Rey Mysterio (debatable). Notice how many of those I said were either limited, showing their age, or were debatable to call them legends at this point in time. I think need not say anything further.

Battle Bowl PPV - Eh. They did it in WCW but honestly it's hard to sell. I mean, you have guys who hate each other, making it ahrd to accept them teaming together instead of tearing each other's heads off. It just doesn't really work.

Roulette - I could go with this one, presuming they are smart about the matches. I mean, do NOT have Kane Versus Big Show with a 'ladder match' as a potential option. Furthermore, what I'd like to add is every person who wins their match gets added to another wheel, with teh winner of that spin getting a world title shot.

MITB - Oh come on WWE. I know you want to make money but you're obviously milking your fans for all their worth. This is one of those matches that makes Wrestlemania special. It should stay a wrestlemania match. Plus, it makes for extra excitement starting from the main event at that years Wrestlemania up to (potentially) the next year's Wrestlemania that the winner will cash in the title shot. If the WWE seriously does this, then they should lower the price of Wrestlemania because they are taking one of their attractions away.

Speaking of prices, word is out the WWE is pleased with the Royal Rumble buyrate and basically saying "See, the added price increase in exchange for one less PPV works". My thoughts? The Royal Rumble is one of their big PPVs of the year. It's third to Wrestlemania and Summerslam. Let's see how you all do at the other PPVs....

Most amazing jew boots
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:23 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2010, 09:23 PM #3512 of 3609
I had 2 things, but then a 3rd (one of the 2 before the Screwjob) came into mind before I clicked the Post button, and I forgot to change it. My apologies.

When I think about it, you're right. The brand split, poor timing for good team build-ups and rivalries, and the current state of the Tag Team division, not to mention the Bragging Rights PPV, they're all the reasons that Survivor Series has gone downhill lately.

I just really don't see too many of these other PPV ideas doing that much of a better job filling that slot, though. If they really wanted a Tournament PPV, they should just bring back the KOTR PPV as a whole in the June slot, where it used to be years ago.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:18 AM #3513 of 3609
Sim, no apologies needed. I will say, aside from 98, they did a decent job in NOT referencing Survivor Series 97, especially in the latter Survivor Series. Instead, they referenced it as 'Montreal'. If anything, this may have made the Survivor Series show the most controversial of them all, and you know how Vince likes controversy.

King of the Ring was awesome in 93 and 94. If you can get a DVD or tape of them, especially 93, do so. They are well worth it.

Mabel winning it in 95 hurt it's credibility. Austin and Triple H helped regain some credibility after they became stars. Shamrock didn't do much either way because they only pushed him to the IC title. Billy Gunn was a nice attempt but fell flat by Summerslam. Kurt Angle helped the KOTR cred much like Austin and Triple H. Edge did too but it's more of a 'several years back, multi world champion Edge did win KOTR'. Brock Lesnar helped it's cred. Booker T helped re-establish it as he played up the 'King gimmick' as much as possible. Regal was doing fine as well until he got in trouble, got humiliated by Mr. Kennedy/Anderson, had less significant roles, and couldn't beat Christian for the ECW title when many thought he would. I mean, from a wrestling standpoint, Regal was perfect, but from a career enhancement standpoint, he fell flat.

In addition, 96 through 98, and after 2000 save for 2008, they only had the semi-finals matches. The whole point of this was someone getting past three superstars in one night. Taking away one set of matches took away some of its aura. That's not to mention they ended KOTR for several years, and seemingly are doing it biyearly now. (we'll see if they have it this year)

War Games would be the best match out of all of them BUT they MUST build up the match. I mean, they need two factions to basically go at it with each other, swapping titles, putting each other out here and there, costing each other victories, and by the time War Games comes around, they seemingly can't stand each other and want to obliterate each other on sight.

In other news, John Morrison is okay. It was apparently a work after all. Also, Bobby Lashley is supposedly released from TNA. Supposedly because 1.) even Bobby is unclear in what is going on, 2.) it's TNA and you know how Bischoff / Russo love tricking the fans and 3.) though Hogan / Bischoff may not care what happened prior to them taking over, Lashley DID win a tournament to get a future world title shot. (Granted, it's not beneath wrestling to completely ignore an angle like this)

Additional Spam:
Here's something different I'd like to try. How about a paragraph or so of highlights and lowlights of various stars. Let me start things out:

Bret Hart
Highlights - Multiple time world champion. Wonderful matches against Bulldog, Perfect, Undertaker, Nash and so on. Seemingly making amends with those who perpetrated the Montreal Screwjob and putting it behind him after over a decade.

Lowlights - Montreal. How he was booked in WCW. His injury-to-forced-retirement.

Triple H
Highlights - Multiple time world champion. Won virtually every "event-themed" type match including Hell-in-a-Cell, Cage, Elimination Chamber and so forth. Part of several successful stables including DX, the Corporation, and Evolution. Incredible match with Austin at NWO in 2001.

Lowlights - The Curtain call. His (understandbly) slower paced matches due in particular to his knee injuries. The stigma of receiving 'special treatment for being married to Stephanie'.

Kane
Highlights - World title win over Steve Austin at KOTR. Wins over Triple H, the Rock, Edge, Undertaker, Steve Austin, Kurt Angle (I think), HBK, and many other top names.

Lowlights - The other 90% of his career. That, and being outsmarted and outwrestled by Steve Austin one night after winning the world title. A world title win that Undertaker essentially handed to him.

The Rock
Highlights - Multiple time world champion. Perhaps the most charismatic man in pro-wrestling history, and that includes Hogan, Austin and Flair in the list. Epic match with Hogan at Mania XVIII.

Lowlights - The resentment from the fans in regards to his departure from pro-wrestling. His seemingly 180 from "I love wrestling to death" to "It's not what I want to be involved with".

Steve Austin
Highlights - Multiple time world champion. Excellent technical wrestling in WCW and ECW long before resorting to brawling in WWE, especially his latter years. Epic feuds and matches with Bret hart, Triple H, The Rock, Kurt Angle and the Undertaker. The "90's Hogan". His 'farewell' at Wrestlemania XXV.

Lowlights - His, what would eventually be career-ending injury at Summerslam 97. Turning heel at Mania XVII. His subsequent booking afterwards until the end of the invasion angle. His sudden disappearance after Mania XVIII. His disappearance and burial by Vince McMahon in June of the same year. His domestic incident with Debra.

Ric Flair
Highlights - Multiple time world champion. In many ways, the anti-thesis of 'Hulk Hogan'. Had wonderful matches spanning decades from Dusty Rhodes, to Sting, to Hogan, to Bret Hart, to Austin, to Undertaker, to HHH, to HBK, and so many more. Perhaps (although his reputation has taken some hits in the last few years) the purest embodiment of what a true pro wrestler is. Wondeful, feel-good moments including his world title wins in 83 and 93, the reformation of the last iteration of the Horsemen, and the celebration of his career (up to that point) in Greensboro. Had a wonderful angle leading up to his retirement, an excellent retirement match, and one of the best send-offs in SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT history the night after he retired.

Lowlights: Him losing Vader's strap match. The Horsemen getting pummeled and outsmarted (despite everyone knowing Henning would turn on them) at Fall Brawl. His disappearance from and lawsuit with WCW. Him losing to Bischoff at Starcade (though one could add this as a highlight to show he was a company man). Russo booking him to look like a fool, having Russo get over Flair, with the ultimate result being his own son and Russo beating Ric and Reid Flair, with Ric having his head shaved and fake blood dropped on him. His return to active wrestling in 2008.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by mortis; Feb 13, 2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2010, 03:06 PM #3514 of 3609
The Elimination Chamber is coming up and it's prediction time!

Divas Championship Match - Gail Kim vs. Maryse

If Gail wins here, I'll be really surprised. That said, Maryse will take it here since she had to lose the title due to injury.

Winner: Maryse

Intercontinental Championship Match - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Kane

As much as I'd like to see Kane win, I'd rather much see him hold a World Title. Kane will probably win by DQ, leaving McIntyre to retain. After the match, Kane will get pissed and destroy Drew leaving him laying flat on his back in the ring.

Winner: Kane, via DQ

World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match - Undertaker (c) vs. John Morrison vs. CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

Taker will lose here, it's just a question of to who. I don't see Morrison or R-Truth taking the big prize yet. I'm also going to count out Mysterio since I don't think he'd make an amazing WM event for a World Title...I'd rather see him at MiTB. Taking into consideration between CM Punk and Jericho, I think a match between Edge and Jericho at Mania for the title would be awesome. CM Punk, well...like Mysterio, I think he'd do better at MiTB as well. He'll try to go for three in a row, which I hope he doesn't.

Order of entrants -

First two: Undertaker and Rey Mysterio.
3. CM Punk
4. John Morrison
5. Chris Jericho
6. R-Truth

Morrison pins Punk.
Jericho pins Mysterio.
R-Truth pins Morrison.
Taker pins R-Truth.
Jericho pins Taker.

Winner and new champion: Chris Jericho

WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match - Sheamus (c) vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Triple H vs. Ted Dibiase

Doubtful that Ted or Kofi will win it here. Honestly, I think I could see Dibiase and Orton at Mania...kinda like Batista and HHH years ago. Thinking of it like that, Orton would be out. Narrowing it down to Sheamus, Cena, and HHH, I'm going to go with Sheamus to win the match and retain the title, only to lose it to Cena at Mania.

Order of entrants -

First two: Triple H and John Cena.
3. Sheamus
4. Dibiase
5. Orton
6. Kofi

Sheamus pins HHH.
Orton pins Cena.
Dibiase pins Kofi.
Orton pins Dibiase.
Sheamus pins Orton.

Winner: Sheamus

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:30 PM #3515 of 3609
So this thread got renamed....

Woman's Title: Maryse.
IC Title: Drew.
World Title: Jericho. Watch for HBK to cost Taker the title.
WWE Title: Sheamus. Watch for DiBiase to cost Orton the title.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:43 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2010, 04:43 PM #3516 of 3609
DESERVEDLY renamed, I think you'll find.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:14 PM #3517 of 3609
Fanfiction? Because it's fake, like movie fanfictions right? (or movies in general lolol)

Doesn't matter anyway, I haven't kept up with the thread "seriously". Seems fitting though I guess.

Most amazing jew boots

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:21 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2010, 09:21 PM #3518 of 3609
I think it has more to do with the way certain members write their predictions, Dag.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:34 PM #3519 of 3609
So.. Shock n Awe!

Spoiler:
Canadian vs Canadian at wrestlemania? That's looking very likely after Jericho won the HWC off of the deadman thus setting up the HBK vs Deadman for round 2.

However the biggest surprise was Batista... he's the new WWE Champion after coming out of nowhere and winning the RAW EC match. I'm definitely looking forward to tonight's RAW as I'm hoping to see a nice heel/heel match between Batista and Sheamus. Who's the bigger baddie between the two of them eh?

Most amazing jew boots

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:31 PM #3520 of 3609
And wow, it's just scary to see what happened to Taker. Luckily, he'll be OK....but wow.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2010, 09:30 PM #3521 of 3609
So Helms, Paul Burchill and Maria got released.

Maria was a bit of a surprise although I guess she really hasn't done much as of late.

Burchill though isn't a surprise. He came in strong with Regal on Smackdown!, then did that humorous pirate gimmick. After that was through, he eventually rejoined Regal on Raw but his push got cut short after Regal got suspended. He carried on his feud with Mr. Anderson / Kennedy but didn't get far. His stay on ECW was pointless, with him leaving ECW because he lost to Helms. Katie and him were suppose to be on Raw but that never transpired, especially now that the ECW brand is gone. In hindsight, that made his loss to Helm basically pointless.

Equally pointless in hindsight is Helms' win as he's gone. he got in trouble with Jericho a few weeks ago. Supposedly he was the instigator. It's interesting though to see what happened to Jericho and Helms after the whole fiasco. Jericho becomes world champ; Helms gets released.

It will be interesting (well, given I expect half of them to be released....maybe that's not the right word) to see what happens to most of the former ECW roster. Many have made it back to FCW. A shame if you ask me because several of them were developing their characters. Furthermore, it's a bit of a shame that some of those, like Baretta and Croft, who just got national exposure, are gone. Though it would have been hard given they were a tag team, they could have fit in well with NXT, perhaps having a tag team specialist (Animal?) be their mentor.

Oh, and I read Abyss is getting magical powers from Hogans WWE HOF ring. Wow. What part of that sounds wrong first? Abyss getting powers from a ring or the ring being his WWE HOF ring?

How ya doing, buddy?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2010, 04:31 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2010, 02:31 PM #3522 of 3609
Helms was cited with public drunkeness. Jericho was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2010, 03:10 PM #3523 of 3609
So, here's the upcoming PPV lineup for WWE:

03-28 Wrestlemania XXVI
04-25 Extreme Rules
05-23 Over the Limit
06-20 Fatal Four Way
07-18 Money in the Bank
08-15 SummerSlam
09-19 Night of Champions
10-03 Hell in a Cell

MiTB is about to lose its awesomeness from being a Mania only event.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:58 PM #3524 of 3609
They moved 'Night of Champions' to September? A shame as that tied in nicely with the draft.

It's interesting they have the name 'Over the Limit' for the May PPV. In 1999, they had that PPV named 'Over the Edge' but changed it after Owen passed away during it.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:10 PM #3525 of 3609
So the word is out HBK is retiring after Wrestlemania.

Now, that doesn't guarantee much....this could be a classic WWE swerve. I could see HBK coming out and saying he has done the last thing to make his career complete and then leave. That would be an easy way to pull him back in; have a heel do something that makes him HAVE to come back.

Given that Taker is also going away for a while, which is probably the best way for him to handle his streak being broken, also makes one question whether he'll win. And yes I realize he is hurt. In fact, wouldn't it be ironic if this was Taker's last match, or even both Taker and HBK?

Of course, another way to do it is have both men pummel each other so badly that in the end HBK wins but has to be carried out, "seriously injured" while Undertaker is carried out by his druids.

My feeling? this is a tough one. I've watched both men growing up. I'd hate to see HBK leave and I hate to see the streak end. HBK brings magic to the ring. Taker's streak is magic and something that won't be duplicated. HBK retiring doesn't have to be for good. Ending Taker's streak IS for good.

Despite that though, I foresee Shawn winning. My feeling is the supposed report has been leaked out by the WWE on purpose to swerve them. Even if HBK leaves, he'll leave on his 'own' terms so to speak. Furthermore, I just can't see HBK losing back-to-back Wrestlemanias and especially after how he has been doing everything he can the last three or four months to get the match.

However, if he were to lose and really retire, well, it has been one heck of a career. I watched HBK when he was a mid-carder, when he was a world champion, when he was a 'degenerate', when his life was defined by controversy, and his eventual reformation and consistent 'match-of-the-year candidate' quality matches upon coming back. Shawn is not the young man he was fifteen years ago but the way he goes, you wouldn't know it. He's able to bring the best out of anyone.

The WWE will suffer an incredible loss if he leaves. This is a loss they'd have to suffer someday anyway, but it doesn't take away from the impact.

I do find it nice that HBK was able to finally tie up loose ends. I feel his meeting with Bret finally allowed him to put to rest what was most likely a very hard burden. His tag title win with Triple H as DX finally put tag team gold around the founding members of DX. He has certainly lost when he needed too, which is a good way for him to offset the "trouble" caused in the past. The second stage of his career has been successful and has allowed him to find peace in many, many issues.

One other thing; if this is Shawn's swan song, how ironic that the second part of his career began and ended with no-dq matches.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread