Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Weird regrets

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:43 PM #1 of 27
Weird regrets

I don't regret very much in life, but there's one that sticks out because of how odd it is (for me anyway). It's nothing MAJOR or life-altering, but still something I really wish I had done.

I was rear-ended a few months ago by a really really cute girl. There was no damage to either car, and she seemed like an actual pretty cool girl. I was on my way home back to my house, where Ronnie America and a few other actors were waiting for me to try and do a shot that ended up getting cancelled due to rain anyway.

So what's my regret? That I didn't ask her out.

I had literally the PERFECT in, and I totally didn't realize it until after I drove away, because I was so god damn focused on getting this shot for the movie, that all I wanted to do was just get home while racing what little sunlight we had left.

Fucking A... It pisses me off every day thinking about what could have been with that random cutie. How great would that have been if it actually worked out?

"How did you guys meet?"
"She rear-ended me and I conned her into buying me dinner as restitution"

And hell, even if it didn't work out, it still would have been a neat story to tell and made me feel cool as ice.

Spoiler:

Anyone have any weird regrets like that?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Yamigarasu
Ace P.I.

Member 22229

Level 7.28

Apr 2007

Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:51 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 01:51 AM #2 of 27
I regret my whole life, not like to sound angst or anything, I've got over it, but godamn, being a useless bum for 20 or so years accomplished nothing, I did nothing my whole life, I'm starting to live where I should be thinking about setting down...

Asside for wanting to forget my whole life, no regrets.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:26 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 12:26 AM 4 #3 of 27
I regret my whole life, not like to sound angst or anything, I've got over it, but godamn, being a useless bum for 20 or so years accomplished nothing, I did nothing my whole life, I'm starting to live where I should be thinking about setting down...

Asside for wanting to forget my whole life, no regrets.
God, what is with this place being all fucking livejournal maudlin lately? Between people like this putz and SpaceMonk we might as well rename TQP into MyForce. Christ.

Aside from wanting to forget my whole life? Please. Jerk off on yourself a little more. O woe is you, indeed.

Sprout, I love yours. That would have been great. "I think we can forget all about this. I forget best over a pint and a little Thai food with a beautiful young lady. How about you?" Would have been a classic.

The weirdest (see, Yami? WEIRD REGRETS. ODD SITUATIONS. NOT JUST GENERALLY BEING A SAD SACK.) regret I have is this sign I wish I'd ripped off when I had the chance. I was working on a commercial set and there was this sign, made up in tin, on one of the doors (a change room).

WOMEN ONLY
LEAVE CLOTHES ON TABLE
COSTUMES IN CLOSET

I was so set to swipe it, and I figured, no, Deni, that would be wrong. Then where would the ladies go to change? So I left it until the last day of the shoot and then wham. Gone. No more sign. How great would that have been on my bedroom door?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:15 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 01:15 AM 1 #4 of 27
Mine was pulling a prank in highschool. Or rather, not pulling it.

When our graduation ceremony was being planned, the teachers announced over the PA a few weeks before the end of school to come to them with suggestions over which song will be our grad song.

I think I'm clever, so I go down there and suggest the Ghost Busters theme song. I'm the only one who goes other than this massive fucking tool (you know, the one in every high school no one likes who pulls the intellectual superiority card? Yeah, the high school equivilent of Denicalis) who suggests the typical Green Day bullshit.

I get into an argument with this douchebag, and just as he's about to cry and run home and shit his pants, the teacher suggests I take votes from the student populace, which I one up and say "let's take votes AND suggestions".

So I organize and do that. I get all sorts of suggestions. From that typical Graduation Song bullshit to Du Hast by Rammstein. The next day, I took votes.

Unfortunately, the faggot brigade of annoyingly catty and stupid women and men with no testiclats heard of my vote, and came out IN FORCE to try to get THE TIMES OF OUR LIVES song chosen. Votes were tallied and that won by a mile. Second place was the Graduation Song, and nothing else was close after that.

The school put me in charge of downloading a copy of the song, since they were too cheap to get a real CD in there. This is where the regret came in.

I was going to alter the song, so that about 20 seconds in, it cut to I'M TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT. In fact, I made the sound file. It was awesome. I burned it to a CD. I went so far as to manipulate the voting results so that I'M TOO SEXY was a close third.

But the night before, I threw out the CD with the altered sound file. I burned the regular song onto another. I didn't fucking bring in the joke, and it would have been god damn legendary. I regret pussing out at the last moment. It sucked mad balls that I didn't do it.

That's my biggest regret in life to date, actually. FUCK. Even thinking about it pisses me off.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:19 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 01:19 AM #5 of 27

When our graduation ceremony was being planned, the teachers announced over the PA a few weeks before the end of school to come to them with suggestions over which song will be our grad song.

I think I'm clever, so I go down there and suggest the Ghost Busters theme song. I'm the only one who goes other than this massive fucking tool (you know, the one in every high school no one likes who pulls the intellectual superiority card? Yeah, the high school equivilent of Denicalis) who suggests the typical Green Day bullshit.

I get into an argument with this douchebag, and just as he's about to cry and run home and shit his pants, the teacher suggests I take votes from the student populace, which I one up and say "let's take votes AND suggestions".

So I organize and do that. I get all sorts of suggestions. From that typical Graduation Song bullshit to Du Hast by Rammstein. The next day, I took votes.

Unfortunately, the faggot brigade of annoyingly catty and stupid women and men with no testiclats heard of my vote, and came out IN FORCE to try to get THE TIMES OF OUR LIVES song chosen. Votes were tallied and that won by a mile. Second place was the Graduation Song, and nothing else was close after that.

The school put me in charge of downloading a copy of the song, since they were too cheap to get a real CD in there. This is where the regret came in.

I was going to alter the song, so that about 20 seconds in, it cut to I'M TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT. In fact, I made the sound file. It was awesome. I burned it to a CD. I went so far as to manipulate the voting results so that I'M TOO SEXY was a close third.

But the night before, I threw out the CD with the altered sound file. I burned the regular song onto another. I didn't fucking bring in the joke, and it would have been god damn legendary. I regret pussing out at the last moment. It sucked mad balls that I didn't do it.

That's my biggest regret in life to date, actually. FUCK. Even thinking about it pisses me off.
FRANS. If you had done this, your world would be better. I guarantee it. You would have gotten laid (by someone not Rat) and you'd be working a high paying job with a hot waitress who is a three input lover. I promise you this. THIS is where you made a decision and your world changed. Well, on the plus side, at least you're a mod now. So it wasn't a total loss.

P.S.

I wouldn't have been up my own ass with fucking Green Day, I'd have been all The Decemberists or the Dodos or Fleet Foxes or some indie band.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 04:18 AM #6 of 27
That drink I left at Andy's. It wasn't empty.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:04 AM #7 of 27

Damn sir... I don't know whether to prop you because of how awesome it is, or diss you for not doing it... Seriously would have been the most epic shit ever. I don't even think you'd be on GFF because of all the pussy you'd be swimming in to this day. The backlog would have been astronomical.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:33 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 09:33 AM #8 of 27
That drink I left at Andy's. It wasn't empty.
We call them "wounded soldiers", Frankie and, yes, I ALWAYS regret leaving one behind.

You NEVER leave a wounded soldier behind.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Yamigarasu
Ace P.I.

Member 22229

Level 7.28

Apr 2007

Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:27 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 02:27 PM #9 of 27
God, what is with this place being all fucking livejournal maudlin lately? Between people like this putz and SpaceMonk we might as well rename TQP into MyForce. Christ.

Aside from wanting to forget my whole life? Please. Jerk off on yourself a little more. O woe is you, indeed.

The weirdest (see, Yami? WEIRD REGRETS. ODD SITUATIONS. NOT JUST GENERALLY BEING A SAD SACK.) regret I have is this sign I wish I'd ripped off when I had the chance. I was working on a commercial set and there was this sign, made up in tin, on one of the doors (a change room).
I said I got over it, and wasn't mopping, and I essentialy think it's weird to regret 90% of your past actions.

Also, I never posted on the quiet place, so don't generalize it.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:23 PM #10 of 27
Weirdest for me (which I haven't really thought about until I read this thread) was way back in 2002. I was working on a music video, actually my first anime music video, when my friend Dean called me up. "Thomas? I'm throwing a party. You want to come over? Terryanne can come get you." "Nah dude, I want to work on this right project I'm doing." Hang up, an hour later he calls back. "You sure you don't want to go? There's someone here we'd think you'd like to meet." "Nah, it's alright." So I spent that time working on that video. I sat and thought about if I should have went or not, but shurgged it off.

A few months later while at work, Dean comes in the back "Thomas there's someone I want you to see. It's the girl we wanted you to meet at the party a while back." "Cool." Went to the front of the store to see her and I was thinking, "Damn she's pretty hot, what the fuck was wrong with me." He goes over and introduces us and she's like "Yeah he is pretty cute. I wish you would have come by that night, probably wouldn't be dating the guy I am now." In walked this redneck douche that looked as if he lived the stereotype.

Meh, not really a regret, but I guess it would be cool to wonder how things would have changed if I had went to that party instead of staying home being a massive faggot wanting to work on an anime video.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:33 PM #11 of 27
I regret not killing that Federal Agent who hunted me down in Ciudad Victoria.

I thought the arguement we had ended with the profound statements from the S&W 469 I had in my jacket pocket. You'd think that would have rid me of the bastard but he caught up with me in Chuquiago Marka.

*That* visit taught him never turn your back on an open door. Or a tow motor.

Most amazing jew boots
Tizzler
Mr Giggles

Member 1264

Level 7.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:33 PM 1 #12 of 27
I regret that I didn't stay longer at a party 3 Saturdays ago. Apparently a chick I met there liked me and was horny as hell, so while looking for me found out I left from my best friend. Being in the state she was she fucked him instead. Damn.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
-end-
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 05:59 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 09:29 PM 1 #13 of 27
I regret not fucking Margaret Moore, what a fine specimen of a woman she was. There are two reasons I didn't: I had a girlfriend at the time and SHE WAS ONE OF MY BEST MATE'S MOTHER. That aside she was a fucking gorgeous female. Easily the hottest over-30 y.o I have ever seen.

I was supposed to picking this guy up before we were heading to a party. When I got to his house, I was greeted as always by Margaret. Adrian (her son) was held up at work (a fact the douche neglected to tell me). She invited me in and offered me a drink, as I was still on my Provisional license I neglected her offer. She twisted my arm and I had a couple of beers with her. I had always got along well with her so we had talked fairly often, but I definitely noticed a flirty edge to her conversation. She then turned on some music and started dancing and she asked me to dance with her. We danced for a bit then she kissed me. I was pretty shocked, I stood back and asked what the hell she thought she was doing.

"You've never thought about it?" she said.
"Thought about what?" I enquired.
"Fucking me."

The way she said that still haunts me. I was literally speechless. After about a minute I said something lame like "I have a girlfriend" or "You're Adrian's mum." I then left the house and waited for Adrian to arrive home. After about 15 minutes I rang him and asked how long he was going to be. He said he was going to be about another hour and a half, but he had another ride to the party if I didn't want to give him one. After hearing this I nearly went back inside, but I didn't. I left for the party and the rest is history. I haven't seen or heard from her since then.

The real biting part about the whole ordeal was the fact I found out my girlfriend was cheating on me with my friend about two weeks later. He told me personally while I was at work. I would have given anything at that point to go back and fuck his mum.

I regret that I didn't stay longer at a party 3 Saturdays ago. Apparently a chick I met there liked me and was horny as hell, so while looking for me found out I left from my best friend. Being in the state she was she fucked him instead. Damn.
Didn't like you that much then did she, champ?

nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Apr 14, 2008, 06:34 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 01:34 PM #14 of 27
Meeting a hawt gaming chick (I didn't think they existed) at the Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert, taking the taxi with her home to Uppsala, having a great time talking with her and all, and then FORGETTING TO TAKE HER PHONE NUMBER. Just great.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:48 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 07:48 AM #15 of 27
I regret so many things in life it's not even funny. I appear to have an anxiety disorder that comes complete with regret issues. I'm always terrified that anyone any time could bring up something embarrassing about my past and i'll have to deal with it again.

I even wrote a song about it. We play it at all of our shows.

FELIPE NO
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:13 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 10:43 AM #16 of 27
In general, I know I missed out a lot in my life especially during my college years, but as much as I initially regret it; it is water under the bridge because there are certain aspects of my life right now that I enjoy so much they play such an important part of hy happiness.

The weird regrets I do have fail in comparison to anything Sprout or Skills has said in this topic, but all the same I do have two small regrets.

1.) I was in my 5th year of university and my first gf had recently broke up with me, so I was feeling a bit down by it. I had ended up meeting a few guys I only knew by name, and we all became really good friends. These guys were your typical jocks and they all liked to drink and party every weekend. I was really uptight and didn't like to socialize much when I was in university. Sometimes what these guys use to do especially on a saturday or sunday is that they would pick a random hotel every weekend and play the VLT's (they would probably dump just $20 each and whatever they won that night they would split between them. Two of them wanted to ask me to go down with them one weekend because I spent too much time just being in my room. I didn't want to because I thought it was a waste of money, and they kept bugging me but I initially just told them to leave me alone. They went out that night, and when they came home at 1:00 am in the morning. They told me that between both of them they made almost $1500. I made sure the next time they did this, I went down with them. I never made a big haul, but sometimes between three of us we would bring home maybe about $100 to $150 and other times nothing at all. It was still a fun time regardless.

2.) In my third year of university, I made friends with this really hot visual arts student. I mean she was hot, had a million dollar smile definetely one of the most attractive women I've ever seen. I use to talk to her quite a lot in her room during the wee hours of the morning. During the last month of the semester. We usually have our residence bash at the ski lodge fairly close to the university. During that night she was really attached to me that night. She really wanted me to go heavily drinking with her, going crazy with the tequila and all that stuff. I just got sick of her I ended up leaving the bash early. I chatted to her the next day, she had a pretty massive hangover. She was telling me that the night could of been a lot more enjoyable if I had a backbone and I wasn't such a stiff. There is good possability I could of had a lot fun with her because I knew she was as kinky as hell, it probably wouldn't of turned into something serious, but oh well a fun time I lost out on.

QuentinT
Syklis Green

Member 26171

Level 8.62

Nov 2007

Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:43 PM #17 of 27
I regret not studying more, im a procrastinating fag sometimes, or most of the time.

Tizzler
Mr Giggles

Member 1264

Level 7.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:28 PM #18 of 27
Didn't like you that much then did she, champ?
I'M A CHAMPION!

I usually regret drinking any alcohol the next morning thanks to the combination of my head meds, acid reflux, and intestinal spasms. At least I've never had fecal vomiting (It's horrifyingly real, check wiki ).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
-end-
Becca
Carob Nut

Member 30825

Level 4.12

Jun 2008

Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:22 AM #19 of 27
That I didn't kiss this one guy I really liked awhile back. I probably should've but I didn't want to waste it a guy who might not even remember my name down the road. I wanted to though. Maybe the next time I won't be so shy. Hopefully it'll be with someone special.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 26, 2008, 11:28 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2008, 04:28 PM #20 of 27
That I didn't do something to get myself out of a school I hated and wound up spending a decade trapped in. I didn't have the balls to bite someone or run away when I was eight, and in retrospect, I really wish I'd taken the initiative to do something like that.

Most amazing jew boots
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Jul 26, 2008, 09:23 PM 1 #21 of 27
Oh dear.. I have a few.

- I regret going to the high school I went to. It was extremely overcrowded, and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I didn't meet many cool people there, either. I only went because of some stupid program they had where if you took these challenging classes, you'd get college credits. Or something. I ended up dropping out of the program because I was too lazy to deal with all the work.

- I regret every romantic relationship I've ever been in. The first guy was really weird (and not in a good way), and he had absolutely no work ethic. The second guy I don't think ever really liked me; I believe I was just er.. used, for a lack of a better word.

- And. I regret ever meeting the guy I'm currently interested in. He's indecisive and a jerk. One day he'll tell me I'm awesome and that he really likes me, but the next.. I suddenly live too far away to date. (I don't live that far from him, either. He's apparently a lazy shit.) I only regret meeting him because the whole month we've been talking has been a complete mess. I regret not having enough willpower to block him from AIM entirely.

I also regret my entire life. Hahaha, just kidding.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2008, 09:47 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2008, 07:47 PM #22 of 27
I reget losing contact with a lot of people after high school. Granted people from High School typically suck, but I'm speaking more-so of my several circles of friends.

They all seemed to have moved away.

Celes:
1. Gain Willpower
2. In AIM, Right Click -> Delete Contact
3. ????
4. Profit!

Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:13 AM #23 of 27
My biggest regret was getting revenge on a bully at high school. Sure he deserved it but what I did left him scared.

I took several poison oak bushes and boiled them, trading out the old ones for the new ones in the same water. Than I put it in a small squirt bottle and sprayed him in the isle way between classes. Another kid got blamed for it but the bully brushed it off. About an hour later he had a huge rash on his neck, head and back.

FELIPE NO
chronicles
Banned

Member 31390

Level 2.74

Aug 2008

Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:17 PM #24 of 27
Ouch sounds horrible!!

My biggest regret was not going to my sisters weedding even after she asked me to. I decided to hang out with a special friend and game all day.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2008, 05:33 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2008, 10:33 AM 1 #25 of 27
My biggest regret was not going to my sisters weedding even after she asked me to. I decided to hang out with a special friend and game all day.
I'm sorry, but what? You didn't go to your sister's wedding (note that I'm aware of apostrophes and the wonder of their use) because you were busing playing video games? Wow. I mean, fucking wow. I'm guessing the friend was your kind of special right?

I am, of course, assuming that you managed to misspell 'wedding', unless you actually meant 'weeding', in which case the question would be: why the fuck do you regret not going to watch your sister pull weeds out of the ground? Guess it takes all sorts.

As for me, the only thing I really regret properly, though don't think it's too weird, is I regret not learning a second language when I was younger.

Last edited by OmagnusPrime; Aug 2, 2008 at 05:36 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Weird regrets