Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Alias Discussion

bighunt
Driving under the radar....

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 05:43 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 06:43 AM #26 of 50
Becasue this is the last season, and with only 4-5 episodes left, I'm sure Abrams will tie all the loose ends together, especially what the hell the Rambaldi device does.
Spoiler:
yeah, that was a shitty way for nadia to die. what purpose did that serve? at least have her go out in a blaze of glory w/sydney.

Most amazing jew boots
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 12:08 PM Local time: May 6, 2006, 06:08 PM #27 of 50
Originally Posted by bighunt
Becasue this is the last season, and with only 4-5 episodes left, I'm sure Abrams will tie all the loose ends together, especially what the hell the Rambaldi device does.
That looks like a bit of a mighty task to me. I mean the plot of the whole show has been blown out of preportions so nothing really makes sense anymore.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 12:42 PM Local time: May 6, 2006, 11:42 AM #28 of 50
Personally, I don't think he can tie up all the loose ends by the last episode. Not only would he have to tie up the loose ends of this season (like with Vaughn, Grace, and Prophet 5), but the loose ends of the entire series as well (Rambaldi, Irina, etc.). Something tells me we're gonna be left with a lot more questions than answers.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
bighunt

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2006, 04:56 AM Local time: May 7, 2006, 05:56 AM #29 of 50
to me, that's not a bad thing. as long as the main storylines are brought to conclusion, i'll be alright with it. if some of the smaller, secondary storylines are left unanswered, it won't ruin the show. it's sorta like Fight Club in that i left the theater wondering what would happen to Ed Norton's character. did he get back w/that chick? did he continue on the path of destruction?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zephos
Syklis Green

Member 994

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 04:15 PM #30 of 50
They attempted to tie up some loose ends in Season 4 in case the show wasn't picked up again, but really didn't try hard enough as most of the events of the last episode didn't fulfill any of the prophecies, and only raised more questions (apart from the obvious questions such as Vaughn's identity - but spare me as we're not up to Season 5 yet in Australia).

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 02:41 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 01:41 AM #31 of 50
So how about this week's episode? To me, it still seems more like they're trying to tie up all the loose ends from this season, and not the ones that from throughout the whole series. I think one of the reasons why it'll be hard to do that is because they brought in so many new characters this season (Rachel, Tom, Renee, Peyton, and all of Prophet-5). Not only that, but they also tried to give them as much importance as the characters who were already there (Sydney, Jack, Sloane, etc.), as well as bring back others (Irina, Anna, Sark) and try to make them important adain as well. Maybe they weren't planning on this to be the last season, which is obvious in the massive scope they gave to this season, but once they knew it would be they should have altered the direction this season was going in. As it stands now, I don't think we'll get any long-term ending from the series finale, so maybe they'll do some type of follow-up movie or something to really tie up all of the loose ends.

FELIPE NO
bighunt

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 10:04 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:04 AM #32 of 50
I agree. not every question will be answered and that's ok by me. I know i should not have been surprised, but i was when Sark was pictured at the end of the episode. that guy needs to be gone. his time has come and gone. hopefully, his death will be painful.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 11:55 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 10:55 AM #33 of 50
Yeah, Sark's appearances have really become useless "let's try to elicit surprise from the fans" occasions. He hasn't really been relevant since like season 3, yet they still keep bringing him back. I hope he does finally die this time, just because.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:43 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 11:43 PM #34 of 50
Originally Posted by SILBER-3
Yeah, Sark's appearances have really become useless "let's try to elicit surprise from the fans" occasions. He hasn't really been relevant since like season 3, yet they still keep bringing him back. I hope he does finally die this time, just because.
I actually thought his presence was quite pointless in Series 3. It's such as shame because he was quite an interesting character in the seasons before.

I have a general question to anyone who has seen Season 5 (I haven't started watching it yet).

Does anything happen regarding Quentin Tarantino's character which seemed to be forgotted in Season 4?
I'm pretty sure nothing happened with him unless I forgot about it amidst the confusing and far fetched plots.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: May 13, 2006, 04:53 PM #35 of 50
Well, I didn't watch all of the third season, but I thought he was important because his dad was someone important that Sydney killed or something and Vaughn's wife was working with him in some group or something or other (I'm obviously babbling, but my point is I thought that he at least had some relevance to the plot back then).

As for Tarantino, I totally forgot he was even is season 4. I remember him from the first season, but I don't even remember what he did in season 4. But to answer your question, no, nothing happens with him in season 5.

EDIT: I just looked it up, and it seems his character (McKenas Cole) was last seen in season 3, not 4. In addition, he was in a couple of the episodes in the second half of the season, which are the episodes I missed, which explains why I don't remember him coming back

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Rockgamer; May 13, 2006 at 06:04 PM.
Vivace119
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1279

Level 21.27

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 12:07 AM #36 of 50
Originally Posted by SILBER-3
Well, I didn't watch all of the third season, but I thought he was important because his dad was someone important that Sydney killed or something and Vaughn's wife was working with him in some group or something or other (I'm obviously babbling, but my point is I thought that he at least had some relevance to the plot back then).

As for Tarantino, I totally forgot he was even is season 4. I remember him from the first season, but i don't even remember what he did in season 4. But to answer your question, no, nothing happens with him in season 5.
Yes, actually you are right about Sark, he did have a lot of relevance in season 3. I think I just got sick of him pretty quickly though because he seemed to get caught a lot and than escape.

The Tarantino character was obviously introduced in Season one - ''The Box'' two part episode where SD6 gets hijaked.

He is also in an episode from Season 3 as well which I am struggling to remember well. It seemed a good idea to expand on this character further to make things interesting but I don't remember seeing him in Season 4.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
goldeneye2131
Din, Farore, Nayru

Member 2134

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 10:19 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 09:19 PM #37 of 50
Alias was an amazing show...I will miss it greatly...tonight's episode was everything I wanted to see and more, although it's too bad that I always want to watch more and more after every episode...
Spoiler:
I especially liked Isabelle's encounter with the blocks and Jack's finishing of Sloane...

I'll go weep now that my favorite show is done forever...

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 01:11 AM #38 of 50
I finally got around to watching the finale tonight, so here are my thoughts.

For the most part, they did a better job of wrapping up most of the loose ends then I thought they would, though I can't say I liked how they dealt with them. It seems like the best way they could figure out how to tie up all the loose ends was to kill whoever was involved, which they did with Prophet-5 (though it was pretty cool how Peyton killed them), Sloane (well, as close to death as he could get), and Irina (loved that fight with Sydney). But overall, I think this finale did justice to the series.

As for season 5 as a whole, I actually enjoyed it alot. I don't think anything will ever top the first two seasons, but I would place this one right after them (especially before season 3, which was so bad it made me stop watching the series for a while). It did manage to do what it did right, even though it wasn't even a full season (only 17 episodes). I think all the new characters help give the show some new life, but this was as far as the show needed to go storywise (meaning any more seasons would have been overkill).

As for the series as a whole, I'll remember it as one of the good ones, but probably not a great one. For everything it did right it probably did just as many things wrong, though I don't really fault that against it. I don't know it it'll go down in the TV history books (especially since realizing how it borrows some things from La Femme Nikita, a show which predates Alias by about five years), but I'll probably wind up getting the entire series on DVD one day.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 02:19 AM #39 of 50
So was the Rambaldi device anything more than a giant red ball of water?

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 02:29 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 01:29 AM #40 of 50
The final thing turned out to be regular-sized red ball of water. It was found in this tomb in Mongolia, and it was activated using The Horizon, which was this metal encased red sphere thingy. Once The Horizon was removed however, it caused the red ball of water to burst, forming a pool of red water in the area beneath the pedestal that it was set on. We eventually find out that this water gives eternal life.

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 02:48 AM #41 of 50
Boring.

So what about the prophecy and Sydney destroying the planet, etc. How does that work out?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 03:05 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 02:05 AM #42 of 50
That was actually never really touched on. Some parts of the prophecy were referenced in relation to some of the things that happened in the episode (like that part about Mt. Subasio or whatever it's called), but nothing about sydney destroying the planet ever came up.

I guess the closest thing to that happening was when Irina (since wasn't it stated at one point in the series that the prophecy could have been referring to Sydne'ys mom?) was going to shoot some missiles at Washington D.C. and London, but I would hardly call that close to destroying the planet.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 08:53 AM #43 of 50
Man, talk about your lame revelations

Then again, the first mistake was in trying to explain the Rambaldi devices

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 06:33 PM #44 of 50
So JJ Abrams is full of shit. I wonder what it would be like if someone went back in time back when audiences were really hyped about Rambaldi and explained the whole thing to them.

This among other reasons is why I've officially given up on Lost.

I've also been informed that Mission Impossible 3 starts off awesome and then ends disappointingly. I want someone to confirm this, so I can know that JJ Abrams just likes giving people handjobs but letting go once you're about to orgasm so you merely dribble.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Eleo; May 28, 2006 at 06:42 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 05:47 PM #45 of 50
JJ's problem (with Lost and Alias, anyway) is that he doesn't stick around with the shows after a while. I don't when he stopped working on Alias, but I think he stopped working on Lost sometime late in the first season. If he would just stick around with a show instead of constantly leaving to work on other projects, we would probably have something better than what we have now.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 07:09 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 04:09 PM #46 of 50
You know, early in season one there was a man similar to the man in the prison who gave Sydney The Rose artifact. He was suppose to be an impossible number of years old. It wasn't outright said but there were obvious hints. At that time I assumed the ultimate secret of Milo Rambaldi was that he held the key to eternal life.

It's not exactly a horrible revelation. It really does give motivation to the strained actions of the main villains. But how do you stretch a story arc out for five years when the idea behind it is so basic?

I know a big reason why the show could never decide whether or not it wanted to be about Rambaldi or just an ordinary espionage show was that the ratings were always on a gradual cool down and there was pressure to mix up the focus to draw back viewers. In the end, things became pretty tangled. This show should serve as an example that if you want to do something elaborate with a tv program, you better have a good idea where things are headed in advance, not to mention a core team that sticks to their project.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 01:25 AM #47 of 50
But eternal life is so... Cliche. And yes I do remember that fellow that was too old. You kind of assume that if its been put right in front of your face it's not really the secret to it all. Surely revealing that it is can be a twist... In this case it just doesn't work out that way, I don't know. I guess because you desire something much cooler all the while; eternal life seems like it could be one of the things Rambaldi was capable of but you still expect his actual device to be BETTER than that.

FELIPE NO
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 10:39 PM #48 of 50
My problem with it was less that it was cliche (though it was) but that it was inconsistent. They touch upon it early but then everything else shifts to something that would be apocalyptic, something involving Sydney. The end of the world slant turns out to be an off to the side deal and not even to do with a Rambaldi device. On top of that, nothing catastrophic actually happened! There was a threat, but it was foiled. The guy's so infallible until it comes down to the major one?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
bighunt

Member 608

Level 13.78

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 10:25 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 11:25 AM #49 of 50
My thought about the series finale:
It wasn't bad, but it could have been better. I can't believe Saek is still slive. damn Vuaghn! does he not have any balls? Sark tried NUMEROUS times to kill he and Sydney and when he has the chance to kill him, he doesn't?? what the hell??
So infinite life was the powert of Rambaldi's "device". not a bad idea, just a little overblown. syd and irina's fight was very lame. that could have been MUCH better. Hoever, Jack's sacrifice was great! he was very underappreciated in the show. what a fitting tribute to him...taking out his "friend" by burying him alive. that was nice.
I will miss the series. this past season wasn't the best, but i did enjoy it. i'll miss seeing Jennifer Garner in her sexy outfits!! (Season 2-episode 1)

han89
Chocobo

Member 8336

Level 12.35

Jun 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 03:34 PM Local time: Jun 12, 2006, 11:34 PM #50 of 50
the best season in my opinion was the season of the beginning of the discovery of the Ramboldi prophecy and the one that followed. they were classy and where great, but the very last one is starting really bad, and i hate that (will put this in spoilers in case)

Spoiler:
the show is about sydney Bristau and not about this new blond girl!

this gets the show out of content and destroys a lot of what was done before!

if it continues like this (we're like in episode 6) the 5th season is a failure!

too bad the last season of my favorite show turned out to be bad! i think that the show
Spoiler:
without michael von
lost a lot and it just isn't as intersting as it used to be!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Alias Discussion