Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

New Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime!

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 08:31 AM #26 of 67
Kanno on music? That's all that I needed to know. Thanks Bigblah. I know anxiously await the OST.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 08:55 AM #27 of 67
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I wonder....will they ever tie SAC back to the original Ghost in the Shell movie(s)?

thats what bothered me when the first season came out. cause at the end of movie she said she was no longer the major or the little girl (barely remmeber) . then from there came Innocence. only i also wanna know what happened to Boma, Saitou and the others. maybe they might die in Solid State Society . ONLY leaving Togusa,Ishikawa , Batou and Motoko. who knows u.u. someone might come and correct me but its only just a theory. i dont read the manga.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by chato; Mar 19, 2006 at 08:57 AM.
MrSatan
I'm the best, and the best thing is you know it!

Member 270

Level 15.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 01:22 PM #28 of 67
cool, more GITS, i love SAC, hope this one is better!!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:19 PM #29 of 67
Solid State Society looks like a clever way of saying 3rd Season - 3S. But that's just my understanding - I will be downloading it as soon as the first promo appears.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 11:57 AM #30 of 67
A movie? I was all excited until I heard that. There's just something appealing about a quality, 30-minute show every week.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:57 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 02:57 PM #31 of 67
Originally Posted by chato
only i also wanna know what happened to Boma, Saitou and the others. maybe they might die in Solid State Society . ONLY leaving Togusa,Ishikawa , Batou and Motoko. who knows u.u. someone might come and correct me but its only just a theory. i dont read the manga.
Actually, Saitou was mentioned in the movie, but I don't recall if he was ever on screen (I think he might have been for a couple of seconds). And I have read that Paz and Bouma were in the manga. I think it might just be best to not try to connect the series and the movie.

FELIPE NO
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 08:22 PM #32 of 67
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I wonder....will they ever tie SAC back to the original Ghost in the Shell movie(s)?
I doubt they'd ever do something like that.
There was a comparsion a while back. The characters are the same but the environment, society, style, etc. they live in are different.
The movie is more like a dark urban slums setting. The series on the other hand is opposite of that.

Looking at the attachment and taking wild guesses with the numbers...
I think it's 2 years after some event..... 26 episodes.... and that about it.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by jouhou; Mar 19, 2006 at 08:28 PM.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 08:47 PM #33 of 67
Originally Posted by jouhou
I doubt they'd ever do something like that.
There was a comparsion a while back. The characters are the same but the environment, society, style, etc. they live in are different.
The movie is more like a dark urban slums setting. The series on the other hand is opposite of that.

Looking at the attachment and taking wild guesses with the numbers...
I think it's 2 years after some event..... 26 episodes.... and that about it.
i always thought like this :

Series 1 and 2 : Section 9 is together to take on the laughing man case and then investigate the Particulist 11 when it was (Don't read unless you are in the last episodes of the second season)

Spoiler:
Gouda's doing the whole time. i loved when his head got popped off..reminded me of the beginning of the first movie...

Movies : Togusa does things on his own, Batou hangs out more with the Major til she became a new different person after combining with the puppetmaster. and in Innocence, Its Togusa and Batou and we only got to see motoko control this doll. and you know what? I still dont understand. i gotta see it again cause i only saw it once.

i dunno where I'm going with this. sure its best not to compare manga and anime like rockgamer said, but to me i still think this 3rd installment to Stand Alone Complex series will connect with the movie. thats just me. sorry.

edit : sorry, south.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by chato; Mar 19, 2006 at 10:56 PM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 08:52 PM #34 of 67
Ahh crap! I read the spoiler and didn't realize that was gonna happen. Damn damn damn damn! T__T

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:43 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 01:43 PM #35 of 67
A movie still sounds good, although we won't see a complex storyline like a 26-episode series. I'm still incredibly curious about it, and hoping that won't be delayed too much.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:22 AM #36 of 67
Quote:
posted by ann
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society will run for 100 minutes and be released this summer, according to Production IG's disclosure on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
well a 100 minutes isn't so bad. but now since it IS a movie. now im interested to what the story will be and how it'll end.

Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 12:25 AM #37 of 67
Any movie based on the Ghost in the Shell universe is a must see in my books.

This summer should be a rollercoaster ride! =D

How ya doing, buddy?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:28 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 07:28 AM #38 of 67
Originally Posted by chato
i dunno where I'm going with this. sure its best not to compare manga and anime like rockgamer said, but to me i still think this 3rd installment to Stand Alone Complex series will connect with the movie. thats just me. sorry.
I don't think it will, particularly since Mamoru Oshii isn't involved. The directing/script etc are being handled by Kenji Kamiyama from the SAC TV series.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hao
Listening to your heart

Member 289

Level 4.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:26 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 02:26 PM #39 of 67
Originally Posted by Anime News Network
Details about the Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex Movie
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society, a full length movie based on Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex is currently planned for completion in the summer of 2006.

The production announcement does not specifically state release format, or date. The movie is being produced in Hi-Vision, a format used by Japanese broadcast networks to support wide-screen televisions. The same production team, including main staff, will be carried over from the TV series. The budget, while not specified, is said to be higher in order to achieve a cinematic level of production.

The 100-minute (tentative running time) movie takes place in 2034, two years after the refugee riot incident. A significantly larger Section 9, with over 20 new officers, investigates terrorist actions related to a wizard-like hacker “Kugutsu Mawashi.”

(Kugutsu Mawashi translated into English is roughly "Puppet Master." Kugutsu Mawashi is not the same as the "Puppet Master" from the first Ghost in the Shell Movie. In Japanese, the "Puppet Master" from the first movie was called "Ningyo Tsukai" which can also translated into "Puppet Master.")

The production committee will comprise Production I.G., along with Bandai Visual, Bandai Entertainment, Dentsu Corporation, Nihon TV Broadcasting (NTV), Manga Entertainment, Tokuma Publishing, and Victor Entertainment.
2 years after 2nd GIG, a vastly grown Section 9, a higher budget for more animation goodness and ready for the summer of 2006. Sounds good, although I do hope that they aren't going to recycle the puppet master story from the 1st movie.

Spoiler:
I wonder if they'll bring back the Tachikoma's? They did leave their memories behind somewhere in cyberspace...

FELIPE NO
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:33 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 03:33 PM #40 of 67
Spoiler:
I'm afraid that they won't make a return, since it's basically impossible to find the traces that they left in cyberspace. Besides, they already got replacements in the final episodes of second gig, iirc.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shinimegami
Succexy

Member 1145

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:54 AM #41 of 67
WOOT!
more Ghost in the Shell!

Stand Alone Complex had really slutty/underdressed characters, which bugged me - I hope it won't happen with this new series.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:25 PM #42 of 67
So we get the Puppet Master in SSS, huh? i wonder if this one will be a female kind that'll walk around all naked like the movie . Not to mention get hit by a car. Since its a movie,this can/might be the last of SaC.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:01 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 10:01 AM #43 of 67
I love this! Just as the GITS:SAC 2nd GIG ends its run on adult swim, I'll be able to give the 3rd season a download. More complex plot lines and 3 dimensional characterization will be a nice departure from Inuyasha and Naruto.

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 01:06 AM #44 of 67
Tell me truthfully, sega, did you read the last few posts of this thread?

Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:11 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 10:11 AM #45 of 67
Originally Posted by Bigblah
Tell me truthfully, sega, did you read the last few posts of this thread?
Actually since most of them have spoilers and references to the movie, I didn't look too hard at them. I can tell you that I did at least skim every post without a Spoiler button.
Though I am still pumped to see how the 2nd GIG ends and where SSS takes off. That puppet master reference confuses me, since I have not seen the movies, it does seem interesting though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Josh_1
Organization XIII

Member 1596

Level 17.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:20 PM #46 of 67
This is interesting news... I wonder if Yoko Kanno will return as the composer?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kaiten

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:35 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:35 PM #47 of 67
Originally Posted by Josh_1
This is interesting news... I wonder if Yoko Kanno will return as the composer?
I'm not sure, but it would be a major plus if Kanno gave SAC another run. The previous scores were great and had some real gems. Either way I'm sure the music will complement the new season very well, SAC doesn't skimp on quality in any sense.

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:39 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 01:39 PM #48 of 67
Originally Posted by Bigblah
(bad news) It is not a series; it is a 100-minute movie/OVA.

(good news) Music is still by Yoko Kanno.
This is what Bigblah meant when he asked if you had read the other posts. It's not a third season like you said, it's a movie. And from your last post, yes, Yoko Kano is confirmed to do the music.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:42 PM #49 of 67
damn. i wanted Kenji Kawai to compose.. or both u.u

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:59 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 09:59 PM #50 of 67
Danny Choo (love his site) has posted up a mini-trailer of SSS. It doesn't really show much; the first half recaps the first and second seasons, and the latter part just shows a few clips. Can't really tell much from what's happening, unless someone can translate...

- What we all do best -

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > New Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime!