Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Your Last Stand Song

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:28 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2012, 06:28 PM #1 of 5
Your Last Stand Song

"This could be it," you say to yourself. Your tight smile appears through cracked and bleeding lips as you place a single cigarette in your mouth. Your love interest is safe for the time being, but how can you be sure if you don't give them the time they need to put distance between you and your pursuers?

A fresh clip comes from your pocket, gets loaded into the beretta in your hand. The first bullet hits the chamber as it racks and slides with a satisfying chunk. With a grimace, you scrape that last match against the concrete and touch the pencil point of light to the cigarette. You can hear them coming, and there's no more putting it off.

A song begins to play.

I noticed a thread like this at a different forum, but it seemed like a great thread idea for a forum full of music lovers. Also, what can I say, I'm a sucker for melodrama.

What's the song you'd play to your final (or maybe not so final) scene?

Here's some suggestions just to warm up.
"Just remember me, is all I ask."
"Get back, you cybernetic sons of bitches!"
"It was all for you."

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:34 PM #2 of 5
Funny you should ask. I have no idea why, but I've thought of this before. And I've had The Doors' Roadhouse Blues in mind ever since.

YouTube Video

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:43 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2012, 06:43 PM #3 of 5
Your description there reminds me of For Whom the Bell Tolls (what's up Skexis!). Anyway, been listening to the Doors a bit more often this last month. This one immediately came to mind, especially the first six or seven minutes.
YouTube Video
If it was something where death is a possibility but not guaranteed, I like this one:
YouTube Video
I've actually thought of this one when imagining reentering the U.S. illegally, kinda funny actually (you'll need to forgive the FFVII fanboyism here):
YouTube Video
Not sure what song I would use as a defiant gesture towards incoming death though. Must be some good ones out there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:47 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2012, 09:47 PM #4 of 5
My last stand music would be hauntingly melancholy music, a quiet tribute to the end of life (even going down fighting--I assume my final acts would be in dramatic slow motion). My first thought was that it had to be something by Kate Rusby or Eva Cassidy.
I Am Stretched On Your Grave - Kate Rusby - YouTube

My second thought was Eric Whitacre's "A Boy and a Girl," which sums up life in a three-verse setting of an Octavio Paz poem translation.
A Boy and a Girl - YouTube

I also remembered one of the most moving arrangements of the folk song "Wayfaring Stranger," which I was lucky enough to sing a few years back. One line of text has always captured my attention, "I'm going there to see my father; he said he'd meet me when I come." While my father is still alive and kicking (if seriously balding), that's something he would promise me, and something I'd look forward to in dying.
Wayfaring Stranger - BYU Choirs - YouTube

If'n I had to go in a blaze of non-slow-motion glory, I hope Uematsu's "Other World" from FFX would be playing.
HD 1080p Final FAntasy X Intro - Otherworld - YouTube

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:06 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2012, 11:06 PM #5 of 5
THIS IS THE SAD PART! OH SUCH A SAD PART!

YouTube Video

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Your Last Stand Song